UFC on ESPN 27 is stacked...deserves a lot more hype

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Dillsnake's return against Sandhagen - great fight
Aspen Ladd vs Chiasson is a legit WMMA fight. Aspen can fight.
Miranda vs Barber is also a legit WMMA fight. These two WMMA fights are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better WMMA fights than Tate vs that braziilian girl. I'm not a big fan of WMMA per se, but those four can fight.
Branden Allen vs Soriano is a fucking banger.
Yanez vs Costa is going to be an amazing fight.
Imavov is a pretty good prospect, and against Ian, this fight is going to be a war too unless Ian comes to hug Imavov against the cage, which is a possibility.

Mickey Gall is kinda interesting, and he's on the card. Not a highest level guy, but just fun I guess. He comes to fight too and I imagine fight would be pretty interesting.
Also, on a same note, not the most high level fight you will see, but Philips vs Paiva is going to be a war, unless Philips come try to lay and pray. And Wilikins vs Minner is going to be an action packed fight too.

Julio Arce v Ewell isn't a bad fight either.

So

Dillsnake vs Sandhagen
Brendan Allen vs Soriano
Yanez vs Costa
Imavov vs Heinich

I consider these fairly high level fights that has all the potential to be a fucking banger, though there's a chance Dillsnake and Heinich is going to come try to smother his opponent. Yanez and Costa are not well known, and this is most definitely prospect killing fight, but the winner has top 5 potential imo.

And a notch below perhaps, but maybe not, and still going to be a fucking war is

Mickey Gall vs Williams
Ewell vs Arce
Paiva vs Phillips
Minner vs Elkins

though there might be someone who try to come to wrestle though,,,but just like any other fight

And if you like WMMA fighters who can actually fight and bang

Barber vs Maverick, I'd highly recommend. Maverick is a great grappler and she's pretty well rounded, but personally, I think Barber has a style to give her problems. Only one way to find out I guess. I know lots of people are shitting on Barber, but I think she has a rare power for WMMA. I personally think this isn't a good match up for Maverick. I think Maverick matches up better against some of top 5, top 10 fighters even, but we will see. She IS a better, well rounded fighter.

Also Aspen vs Chiasson is also a good WMMA fight, and SIjira Eubanks is fighting some 4-0 girl, and Eubanks can fight too.

So, personally, since it's not PPV, it may not have many name value fighters, but if you ask me, this card is absolutely stacked. I don't think it's getting enough hype it deserves. If you like WMMA, then it has some great WMMA fights on it. If you don't, there are enough GREAT MMA fights on it.

Every fight card is great. Every. Single. One. Anyone who says otherwise is filthy casual who fer sure ain’t a “true”. Why in my day, we waited months at a time just to watch Sean Sherk vs Tiki Ghosn.

Every fight card is great. Every. Single. One. Anyone who says otherwise is filthy casual who fer sure ain’t a “true”. Why in my day, we waited months at a time just to watch Sean Sherk vs Tiki Ghosn.

I wouldn't say that. Some cards suck balls. For example, Bellator and Rizin cards man...I miss strikeforce Pride even WEC cards...holy balls...

And this week's card is SIGNIFICANTLY much better than the one after, so some cards are def better than the others. The one after is pretty mediocre.

Great is a stretch. Every fight card always has one or two hype fights is a more grounded and real take.

The-Big-Lebowski-hp-GQ-25Feb16_rex_b.jpg

Miranda vs Barber is also a legit WMMA fight. These two WMMA fights are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better WMMA fights than Tate vs that braziilian girl. I'm not a big fan of WMMA per se, but those four can fight.
Imavov is a pretty good prospect, and against Ian, this fight is going to be a war too unless Ian comes to hug Imavov against the cage, which is a possibility.

Mickey Gall is kinda interesting, and he's on the card. Not a highest level guy, but just fun I guess. He comes to fight too and I imagine fight would be pretty interesting.
Also, on a same note, not the most high level fight you will see, but Philips vs Paiva is going to be a war, unless Philips come try to lay and pray. And Wilikins vs Minner is going to be an action packed fight too.

So

Dillsnake vs Sandhagen
Brendan Allen vs Soriano
Yanez vs Costa
Imavov vs Heinich

I consider these fairly high level fights that has all the potential to be a fucking banger, though there's a chance Dillsnake and Heinich is going to come try to smother his opponent. Yanez and Costa are not well known, and this is most definitely prospect killing fight, but the winner has top 5 potential imo.

And a notch below perhaps, but maybe not, and still going to be a fucking war is

Mickey Gall vs Williams
Ewell vs Arce
Paiva vs Phillips
Minner vs Elkins

though there might be someone who try to come to wrestle though,,,but just like any other fight

Barber vs Maverick, I'd highly recommend. Maverick is a great grappler and she's pretty well rounded, but personally, I think Barber has a style to give her problems. Only one way to find out I guess. I know lots of people are shitting on Barber, but I think she has a rare power for WMMA. I personally think this isn't a good match up for Maverick. I think Maverick matches up better against some of top 5, top 10 fighters even, but we will see. She IS a better, well rounded fighter.

Also Aspen vs Chiasson is also a good WMMA fight, and SIjira Eubanks is fighting some 4-0 girl, and Eubanks can fight too.

So, personally, since it's not PPV, it may not have many name value fighters, but if you ask me, this card is absolutely stacked. I don't think it's getting enough hype it deserves. If you like WMMA, then it has some great WMMA fights on it. If you don't, there are enough GREAT MMA fights on it.
You're flexing, dude. You mention a whole lot of those non - household names yet describe their upcoming fights in the most generic way possible. Haha
You're no casual like me. Cool

So

Dillsnake vs Sandhagen
Brendan Allen vs Soriano
Yanez vs Costa
Imavov vs Heinich

Mickey Gall vs Williams
Ewell vs Arce
Paiva vs Phillips
Minner vs Elkins

You and I clearly have a different definition of the word stacked. Only real legit banger on this card is the main event and that's supposing Dillashaw looks something like the fighter he was whilst on PEDs, Elkins fights are usually a fun watch too, guy lives up to the nickname. Allen's watchable as well, in fact that sums up my feelings for the card nicely, it's an eminently watchable free card.

It's a solid card filled with mostly unknown prospects. Those usually produce fireworks.

Yanez vs Costa is the sleeper. Yanez has some of the best hands in the game and a BJJ black belt to match.

I don't mind watching this one on my phone, going to a Green Day concert but I'll definitely check in for the good ones. Really excited for the main event

Tate didn't just fight a Brazilian girl, you casual fuck

Ya this is the opposite of stacked, only fight with any name value is the main event, and even that is probably more of a co main type fight itself

TS is correct. Many quality matchups. I love to give TS a hard time but he's on the right track here. <RomeroSalute>

I know he's been pumping that Yanez v Costa matchup. It may not live up to hype considering they are quite inexperienced but on paper those guys are tailor made for a classic high level stand up war

Back