UFC on ESPN+ 27 Benavidez vs Figueiredo

i never said to bet cutelaba, just to be conscious of Ankalaev's record.
Yea, but it’s not like the division is stacked. Aside from the top 5 it’s a wasteland

i never said to bet cutelaba, just to be conscious of Ankalaev's record and that it is easy to look good vs terrible opposition.

Thought of T.J. Brown reading that, he looks so good whooping bums. I'd be weary of Ankalaev as well, I need -150 before I really consider betting him.

This card is full of close fights, Spencer is the only fighter you can be confident wins 70%+

Norma can grapple and looks strong and roided. Im jumping on this train. Megan on her back is like a fish on dry land.

Norma can grapple and looks strong and roided. Im jumping on this train. Megan on her back is like a fish on dry land.
Same here. Looks like you aren't the only one. The odds are shifting.

Anyone know what's up with the Grant Dawson vs Darrick Minner fight that is showing up in https://www.bestfightodds.com/# ?

Last edited:

I auto fade Megan. Even Zarah had to literally force her head into a triangle to lose that bout. Megan acted as if she had won a title; she has issues. Not much tape available for Norma, but what is there shows she can drag it to the ground, has some jits, not disabled, and can walk and chew gum at the same time, so she has all the tools she needs to win.

Nothing wrong with 0.5U play on Norma imo, but she might well freak out under the big lights, which is what happened I think happened to Zarah.

Nothing wrong with 0.5U play on Norma imo, but she might well freak out under the big lights, which is what happened I think happened to Zarah.

For some reason those dedicated BJJ types don't seem to get the octagon jitters. Might be something to do with having a really good fallback skill, or rolling indecently for years in front of people.

Last edited:
What’s wrong with Megan?

A lot. I literally just wrote this over PM to someone here;

While I normally don't factor this in too much, Megan Anderson is also a deeply delusional underperformer who doesn't have the proper mentality and attitude to be a fighter. Massive disappointment, like her abortion of a performance against Spencer (which she now, predictably, blames on "mental health issues" while telling everyone and their mother about how ready, well-prepared, and focused she was prior to the match) is always a possibility, and unlike Zarah Fairn, her opponent has some fight in her.

As for her opponent, I might as well mention my very euridite analysis, too;

I was excited to possibly bet Megan Anderson at low -200s, since it's been comical the favela bumkillers they have dug up for her to fight, and Norma Dumont has a mere majority victory against the dreadful Mariana Morais, which I'm still trying to find.

However, watching Dumont's win over a completely skill-less favela bum in 2017, Erica Leidiane, I was impressed twice over. First, I was impressed by Dumont having the sexiest ass I've seen in MMA. (Sorry, Talita Bernardo, Arlene Blencowe, Bruna Ellen, and others) Secondly, I was impressed by her actual skills. She can actually strike, and has at least a little wrestling and jits. (There is also a video of her on Youtube in some BJJ tournament that happened only 7 months ago)

They might have unearthed a corpse with a little too much life in it for the Pale Aussie Tattooed Horror.

octagon jitters.

"Octagon jitters" are an idiotic narrative invented and peddled by moronic UFC announcers as a way to excuse shitty debut performances. They don't exist.

For every bad debut performance, there is a good or even sensational one.

Furthermore, do you mean to tell me that all the previous times a fighter has fought in a cage in front of the large crowd, frequently as a main event, frequently in front of hundreds or thousands of spectators, they were fine, but suddenly, the sheer magic of the UFC logo on the canvas causes them uncontrollable anxiety? Yeah, sure.

Nevermind that those making their Octagon debut do so on early prelims, when the arena is often mostly empty.

You mean to tell me that competing in a mostly empty arena in an afterthought fight on a card, with often FEWER spectators than their previous fight still causes more anxiety?

"Octagon jitters" are an idiotic narrative invented and peddled by moronic UFC announcers as a way to excuse shitty debut performances. They don't exist.

Furthermore, do you mean to tell me that all the previous times a fighter has fought in a cage in front of the large crowd, frequently as a main event, frequently in front of hundreds or thousands of spectators, they were fine, but suddenly, the sheer magic of the UFC logo on the canvas causes them uncontrollable anxiety? Yeah, sure.

Nevermind that those making their Octagon debut do so on early prelims, when the arena is often mostly empty.

You mean to tell me that competing in a mostly empty arena in an afterthought fight on a card, with often FEWER spectators than their previous fight still causes more anxiety?
No I'm simply saying that for some reason heavy BJJ practitioners seem to perform like you would expect them to. They don't blow their tank early, or have huge adrenalin dumps, or suddenly think they are elite strikers. They generally go in with a gameplan and stick to it.

I use octagon jitters as an umbrella term covering any early problems due to inexperience.

They might have unearthed a corpse with a little too much life in it for the Pale Aussie Tattooed Horror.

I think so too. She may not be a corpse tho. She was scouted for some reason. I'd have to think she has been training MMA for the last 2 years.

Last edited:
No I'm simply saying that for some reason heavy BJJ practitioners seem to perform like you would expect them to. They don't blow their tank early, or have huge adrenalin dumps, or suddenly think they are elite strikers. They generally go in with a gameplan and stick to it.

I use octagon jitters as an umbrella term covering any early problems due to inexperience.

For the record, I wasn't arguing against you so much as the term's use on UFC telecasts, which make me want to go out and assault the nearest shaved head midget in an ill-fitting blue suit. (Shout-outs to Jon Anik)

I don't know how serious of a BJJ practioner Dumont is, though. Her match on Youtube looks to be a fairly small, local tournament. Would be cool if people dug up some more information on this mystery woman.

For the record, I wasn't arguing against you so much as the term's use on UFC telecasts, which make me want to go out and assault the nearest shaved head midget in an ill-fitting blue suit. (Shout-outs to Jon Anik)

I don't know how serious of a BJJ practioner Dumont is, though. Her match on Youtube looks to be a fairly small, local tournament. Would be cool if people dug up some more information on this mystery woman.
Yea it was small but once it got to the mat I liked everything I saw. Had all the right movements....had to watch it a few times tho.....that ass is something else.

I spent hours digging. Only found that one match where she showed decent power, and punches, The BJJ match, and a photo of the UFC contract signing where she looked pretty healthy.

Heard from a few people digging through Spanish boards that think she is really good at BJJ.

Grant Dawson vs. Darrick Minner.

Darrick's striking is a bit too crisp and powerful to put any faith in Grant's zombie walk like approach to striking. I think he is going to get lit up on the feet, but if the match goes into later rounds I could see Darrick fading. If Grant gets the TD in later rounds it could get ugly if Minner gasses.

Ion Cuțelaba vs. Magomed Ankalaev

Still trying to wrap my head around why Ion Cutelaba is a +200 underdog. Neither fighter has ever been KOed. Same reach. Ion has more losses but to significantly better competition.

Ion looks to be training really hard if his physique is any indication. He should have a significant power advantage. He ragdolled Rountree and showed some serious fight IQ.

Magomed got clipped on the top of the head by Lungiambula that wobbled him. His chin may not hold up if he gets hit by Ion.

Really like Ion's chain wrestling. I think he can take Magomed down and get some GNP after landing in the clinch.

Last edited:
based on pure skills tom breese should smoke brendan allen.

dude I understand you a bit but you are being too harsh. there is certainly a difference when fighting in front of 100 people compared to fighting on big TV and in front of family, friends, media and whole world. It's just not because of UFC logo it's the pressure that environment puts on you. Some people feel it more some less. I agree that you can't blame Octagon jitters in every loss but it exsists.

dude I understand you a bit but you are being too harsh. there is certainly a difference when fighting in front of 100 people compared to fighting on big TV and in front of family, friends, media and whole world. It's just not because of UFC logo it's the pressure that environment puts on you. Some people feel it more some less. I agree that you can't blame Octagon jitters in every loss but it excists.

You're buying into the UFC Narrative here.

To begin with, of course "family and friends" are there watching every fight, even the pro debut. Who else do you think is buying tickets for small promotions?

You also have a very limited understanding of MMA outside of the UFC. There are various levels of shows (I hate the fucking term "regionals"), and some of them have a professional camera-crew, are broadcast on television, sexy ringcard girls, and thousands of people in the stands. Look at ACB, M-1, or Fight Nights...and that's JUST in Russia alone.

What is the difference between that and a UFC card, especially when the area is still mostly empty, except for the logo? Answer: Nothing.

I find it funny that a fighter is going to be perfectly fine fighting in the main event of a show with (frequently) a bunch of celebrities, politicians, etc. of their native country in the front row, with thousands cheering for or against you, but holy shit, a fight in an arena that is over 80% empty, with only a few friends and family that could fly out to make any noise is suddenly too much pressure.

This is a close corollary of the Magic Canvas Theory.

Megan is so fucking slow. She does everything in slow motion. Striking, wrestling, grappling. People outmaneuver her with ease. I don't wanna say there is absolutely no rush in her, but she acts like she is in a controlled sparring session or something like that. She is not one, but two-three steps behind her oppponents almost at all times. There is too little tape on that chick Norma and she is really unexperienced, so it's a big gamble to bet her, even @ dog odds. But Megan is for sure fade material. One just have to know when to fade her. Last time vs that girl dos Santos she was pushed with punches to the cage and then turned into a wrestler. A pretty poor one, but good enough to take down dos Santos. All dos Santos had to do was to break the bodylock, but insisted to throw little punches and stayed there like a dummy. And once on the ground she was fish out of water. Norma at least looks like an athlete and has some ground game.
Not much tape available for Norma, but what is there shows she can drag it to the ground, has some jits, not disabled, and can walk and chew gum at the same time, so she has all the tools she needs to win.
It's funny but not far from the truth. :D
based on pure skills tom breese should smoke brendan allen.
Yeah. If he manages to show up for this one.

I like Sean Brady, he has good boxing, cardio,volume and tdd to win a dec against Naurdiev

At a glance I've got to say Joey B with the decision or possibly ko in the ME.
Also seems odd Dawson is back so soon after being USADAed off a card. Wonder how Minners grappling is?
Nothing here but after Grant was pulled off that last card he posted a video grappling against two girls at once.
Can't speak to his skill level but at least the man is having fun.

Not sure which chick was in the purple Wagman I assume. Dig the enthusiasm but I'd gladly bet against her.

Last edited:
Back