UFC on ESPN+ 26 Felder vs Hooker

Angela much taller, and somewhat bigger than Loma for sure in the faceoff.

opponents-paul-felder-and-dan-hooker-of-new-zealand-face-off-during-picture-id1207858299

opponents-jim-crute-of-australia-and-michal-oleksiejczuk-of-poland-picture-id1207857971

opponents-karolina-kowalkiewicz-of-poland-and-yan-xiaonan-of-china-picture-id1207857903

opponents-ben-sosoli-of-australia-and-marcos-rogerio-de-lima-of-face-picture-id1207857868

opponents-brad-riddell-of-new-zealand-and-magomed-mustafaev-of-russia-picture-id1207857809

opponents-kevin-aguilar-and-zubaira-tukhugov-of-russia-face-off-the-picture-id1207857208

opponents-jalin-turner-and-josh-culibao-of-australia-face-off-during-picture-id1207856725

opponents-jake-matthews-of-australia-and-emil-meek-of-norway-face-off-picture-id1207856635

opponents-callan-potter-of-australia-and-song-kenan-of-china-face-off-picture-id1207856563

opponents-kai-karafrance-of-new-zealand-and-tyson-nam-poses-on-the-picture-id1207856484

opponents-loma-lookboonmee-of-thailand-and-angela-hill-face-off-the-picture-id1207855202

opponents-priscila-cachoeira-of-brazil-and-shana-dobson-face-off-the-picture-id1207855101

Thankfully that's not related to betting.
Whoops my bad! thought it was a general UFC forum not the betting one, i'd bet on underdog Felder if I were ya'll.

Hrmm which way will the line swing tomorrow for Felder/Hooker

Hrmm which way will the line swing tomorrow for Felder/Hooker

Just a guess. Hooker prob steepens as a fave. Hometown money and more hype I feel like. People seem to like juicing lines rather than bet dogs.

Thankfully that's not related to betting.
I think he has gotten better but I do rate fight IQ. Hooker seems more prone to being lured into trades to me.

Felder in an interview "I assume I'm gonna end up in the hospital"
Normally I'd laugh at that type of stuff but I really believe the man would keep fighting until he got rolled onto a stretcher if he had to.

On to something else. I think the grappling should get the win for "Don't Blink" France but I still think Nam could find success with the stand up. Solid jab, good angles, and short combinations. I like France to win here but I really could see a close decision.

Last edited:
Turner is so much bigger lol a pass for me. Meek looks albo big as fuck, I give him now 20% to win because of shape and training more wrestling with Gray Maynard

Will probably parlay a treble of KKF/Hooker/Wilder KO.

Will probably parlay a treble of KKF/Hooker/Wilder KO.
That Hooker bet may trouble your treble.
Just my two cent, I don't doubt he can win but I think he has a hard night ahead.
A couple I've been thinking of parlaying are KKF, Yan, and Hill vs Loma goes the distance but I'm iffy on that prop.

Anybody catch the commentary during Karolina's walkout to the face offs?
If I heard it right she has an autoimmune disease and had to switch to a completely vegan diet recently.
Don't know about all that but Yan looking healthier at the face off's to me.

Anybody catch the commentary during Karolina's walkout to the face offs?
If I heard it right she has an autoimmune disease and had to switch to a completely vegan diet recently.
Don't know about all that but Yan looking healthier at the face off's to me.

Yan probably wins but I think she is over priced here, if she steam rolls KK and gets the finish then it's lined correctly but I have a feeling we get a close fight

It's a long thing. If you love reading, go. If you don't just skip :D

Watched again some past fights of Hooker and Felder.
To me Felder won (barely) his rematch with Edson solely because he didn't go into kicking match with him. He marched forward and pushed the action (looked like he wanted it more in the eyes of the judges), but frankly he found himself in a lot of 50/50 boxing trades with Barb. Doesn't look good. Barbosa has good handspeed, but he is not a good boxer. And I don't know about you, but to me it seemed that Edson was probably thinking to himself that he won the first two on the scorecards, and this made him cruising the third. Kinda typical of him.

Hooker got owned by the speed of Edson. There is not a lot more to be said about that fight. Hooker is more fluid, yeah, and puts some thought where to place his shots, but Edson could run circles around him. You can't compete with that. Well, you can, but with some more seasoning and preparation. And still - it's a tough task. The only thing that I got from this fight is that Hooker's relaxed style of fighting is not gonna cut vs fast pace fighters. He is not heavy handed, he is precise. The heavy handed, scary hitters are able to slow down fights just by getting their opponents to get anxious about engaging. Hooker is not Mark Hunt, tho.

The only good shots Al got on Hooker were in leaping combinations (once or twice), same time counters straight down the pipe (at least a couple of times), couple of throwaway jabs and a right hand moving forward (once). What I get from this is that Hooker's relaxed guard is not good at protecting him vs multiple shots and people quickly moving into him because most of the times he is not offering a counter (in these particular situations) or covering/evading well, he doesn't moves his feet quick enough. His defense when he is on the front foot is a bit better (still not amazing), he sees shots better and can either evade them or if they hit him they doesn't stun that bad because he is braced for them. His punches are very, very fluid, precise, he doesn't put a lot in them, but they land clear. His knees are very sneaky too. Not too much power, but he is putting them in the end of combos and sometimes people duck right into them. Concerning thing for Hooker is that his cardio is not top notch. He looks tired past the 2nd round even if the pace is kinda slow. He doesn't usually go to decisions, but when he does, he loses most of them.

When we know all these things, the dynamic of this fight is gonna be odd, right?
Felder is not that fleet of foot crisp boxer that will hunt down Hooker and shut his lights out, and he is not gonna bring Edson Barbosa kind of pace. And Hooker is not gonna be able to physically control Felder like the people who beat him usually do.

Hooker have to do what Felder did to Edson in the rematch and go forward. This will make the kicks of Felder less of a problem and as a second benefit it will make rounds easier to win on the judges. Will he do these things? Probably. He learned it the hard way so...

Felder have to move forward and look busy. Throw a lot of kicks and punches to the body. Make it a bloody war as usuall. As a rule of thumb, the sniper type of fighters don't like messy, long fights.

I thought the more tape I watch the clearer this fight will appear, but nah. Their fighting styles mesh in a weird way to me. And there are some key questions unanswered. How will these two choose to fight? What about the 5 rounds?

Yan probably wins but I think she is over priced here, if she steam rolls KK and gets the finish then it's lined correctly but I have a feeling we get a close fight
Yea I pulled the trigger because KK gets hit alot Grasso hard her hurt a few times and I think Yan can as well. KK going vegan recently probably doesn't help her either.
So far my biggest reads are KKF and and Yan. I agree they are over priced but I'll probably parlay both by decision.

Sadness hedging on KK. Gonna be bummed the F out watching her get slept again.

Back