UFC on ESPN+ 25 Anderson vs Blachowicz II

Wiki cappin but y’all not concerned Weaver went to a split with Krazy Horse?

Also anyone else concerned that Krazy Horse has a better Native American name than Weaver?
Gonna give him a little benefit here he seems to be improving, that and at about 2 years ago he would have been 26 during that fight.
Krazy Horse is a pretty good name but "Chata Tuska" Weaver disagrees Lmao.

Can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I read an interview from Pereira where he said he won't stop his clownfest acrobatics during fights even after getting humiliated by Connelly. Hard to place hard earned money on a clown.
I see some clueless people on the internet betting Michel Pereira like it's a sure thing. Glad to see sherdoggers are more level headed and knows their stuff. Michel Pereira should not be trusted as a favourite. The guy is a clown and he is not that good even when he doesn't fuck around. He is athletic, but that's about it. Throws flashy stuff that often miss because he doesn't set it up. Dancing around burning energy... His style is a mix between capoeira and parkour. The punches and the kicks looks like an afterthought, honestly. Diego is maybe the best wrestler he's faced in his entire career, and Diego has amazing cardio, he even made Chiesa tired at the end of it, who is way bigger, and has similarly good cardio. Yeah, I get that Sanchez has no chin and stuff... He could get KOed like nothing, I know. But like I've said, these flashy knees, acrobatics off the fence... They miss a lot, man. Diego could just not engage at all the 1st round, stay safe at distance and wait for this fucker to tire out and get him in the 2nd and 3rd. There is a real chance Diego wins this fight.

They gave Pereira pretty much the same fight like his previous one, minus the chin and plus better wrestling and much more experience. Diego Sachez has burned a lot of betting tickets, he was the underdog in all of his recent wins - underdog vs Held, underdog vs White, underdog vs Gall.
Pereira by KO/TKO round one is my prediction.
Or if this doesn't happen - Sanchez by decision.

Would like to add that Rio Rancho is at high elevation - 1600m, or 5200ft. above the sea level. Could play a big role in fight that is essentially cardio vs explosiveness.

P.S.The main event is even more susceptible to that because of the 5 rounds. Plus Jan has a questionable cardio, Corey on the other hand has above average cardio for the weightclass.

Last edited:
I mean....I'm on record saying Periera (I know that's not spelled right) is a fool and his overall game is...{<jordan} but man Diego is shot. Craig White might be the biggest bum to step foot onto the octagons canvas for the WW division and even he dropped Sanchez. Per should be faded. He got LOL'd by a short notice LW but Connelly was well coached, he had a gameplan, he (says) trains with capoeira guys in his gym all the time. Wtf is Diego doing. Left a legit camp to get crystals and bikram yoga thrown thrown at him as legit coaching and sparring practice.

Its probably better to just pass but it's a super easy pick to say Per KO's him stiff.

Diego/Perreira is weird. Perreira is arguably a nightmare matchup for Diego in Rd 1. At altitude, Diego is a nightmare matchup for Perreira after the first takedown.

I see some clueless people on the internet betting Michel Pereira like it's a sure thing. Glad to see sherdoggers are more level headed and knows their stuff. Michel Pereira should not be trusted as a favourite. The guy is a clown and he is not that good even when he doesn't fuck around. He is athletic, but that's about it. Throws flashy stuff that often miss because he doesn't set it up. Dancing around burning energy... His style is a mix between capoeira and parkour. The punches and the kicks looks like an afterthought, honestly. Diego is maybe the best wrestler he's faced in his entire career, and Diego has amazing cardio, he even made Chiesa tired at the end of it, who is way bigger, and has similarly good cardio. Yeah, I get that Sanchez has no chin and stuff... He could get KOed like nothing, I know. But like I've said, these flashy knees, acrobatics off the fence... They miss a lot, man. Diego could just not engage at all the 1st round, stay safe at distance and wait for this fucker to tire out and get him in the 2nd and 3rd. There is a real chance Diego wins this fight.

They gave Pereira pretty much the same fight like his previous one, minus the chin and plus better wrestling and much more experience. Diego Sachez has burned a lot of betting tickets, he was the underdog in all of his recent wins - underdog vs Held, underdog vs White, underdog vs Gall.
Or if this doesn't happen - Sanchez by decision.

Would like to add that Rio Rancho is at high elevation - 1600m, or 5200ft. above the sea level. Could play a big role in fight that is essentially cardio vs explosiveness.

P.S.The main event is even more susceptible to that because of the 5 rounds. Plus Jan has a questionable cardio, Corey on the other hand has above average cardio for the weightclass.

I agree with your criticism of Michel Pereira. I saw him fight live in Vancouver and get wrecked by Connelly who really isn't very good.

It was obvious that Pereira was a much much better athlete but he was being a goofball and gassed out. Anyone thinking of betting Pereira go back and watch that fight. Once you add elevation to the mix it is a pretty obvious fade of Pereira and his explosive antics.

Diego/Perreira is weird. Perreira is arguably a nightmare matchup for Diego in Rd 1. At altitude, Diego is a nightmare matchup for Perreira after the first takedown.

Bet Pereira KO 1, if it fails to happen live bet Sanchez, that's what I plan to do any way, but I really doubt Sanchez survives the lind of assault Pereira put on Danny Roberts

I suspect a possible wrestling deficiency for Weaver...

I suspect a possible wrestling deficiency for Weaver...
Weaver has so many holes but compared to Vargas he is like a billion times more polished.

Another thing is Vargas is incredibly slow.

Shanna Young now +500 on 5d. For low level MMA I will take that steep of a dog all day.

Chiasson might out grapple her but I like how busy Shanna is with her boxing.

My two biggest bets atm are Weaver and Paiva. I actually quite like the card for betting.
Thoughts on De La Rosa doing good in the boxing? Or do you think Paiva is just too big

Thoughts on De La Rosa doing good in the boxing? Or do you think Paiva is just too big
I’m thinking the odds are a bit wide now. Probably a lot closer fight than a -230 would warrant

paiva gets taken down pretty easily. He’s got good get ups and de la Rosa doesn’t have a heavy top game.

paivas defense isn’t much either. Very little head movement. Willing to eat shots to land his own.

Both guys are young and improving. We didn’t get to see much from paiva in his last outing due to a bad stoppage from a cut.

paiva did almost win his fight against a guy in kkf who has much better movement and defense than de la Rosa. He will probably have some success in the clinch here. I favor him but certainly not at -230

Last edited:
I’m thinking the odds are a bit wide now. Probably a lot closer fight than a -230 would warrant

paiva gets taken down pretty easily. He’s got good get ups and de la Rosa doesn’t have a heavy top game.

paivas defense isn’t much either. Very little head movement. Willing to eat shots to land his own.

Both guys are young and improving. We didn’t get to see much from paiva in his last outing due to a bad stoppage from a cut.

paiva did almost win his fight against a guy in kkf who has much better movement and defense than de la Rosa. He will probably have some success in the clinch here. I favor him but certainly not at -230
From what iv seen Paiva has improved take down D. But his balance is insane. Don't think De La Rosa's wrestling comes close to even Kai, so most likely a standup affair unless Paiva takes it down.

From what iv seen Paiva has improved take down D. But his balance is insane. Don't think De La Rosa's wrestling comes close to even Kai, so most likely a standup affair unless Paiva takes it down.

DLR has great BBJ but weak wrestling kinda the stereotypical problem with BJJ guys...However his boxing is actually decent.

at +180 range ill take DLR.

DLR has great BBJ but weak wrestling kinda the stereotypical problem with BJJ guys...However his boxing is actually decent.

at +180 range ill take DLR.
Don't you think at boxing range he will get picked apart by the bigger longer man? I know it dosen't always mater but Paiva actually does fight very long, on top of having an insane chin. He was picking Kai appart and cut Bontorin with a lead counter hook. DLR has no head movement despite the good chin and boxing.

but I really doubt Sanchez survives the lind of assault Pereira put on Danny Roberts
BTW I was laughing hysterically when Pereira knocked him out. And before that I was thoroughly enjoying Danny shitting his pants waiting to get knocked out. Never liked Roberts, he is a prick. Fuck him.

Hate to go against Sadistics here though I'm not sure what price he played. I can say with some degree of confidence that Paiva doesnt win this fight more than 7 out of 10 times. The problem with Paiva is his finishing ability, it's just too low to take him as a big favorite against a lot of fighters. Rosa has a good chin and his base is BJJ, Paiva is just not going to finish Rosa that often. Rosa is coming off 2 losses and is fighting on the same card as his wife, the man will be motivated. Rosa is going to finish Paiva more often than Paiva finishes Rosa. Paiva has a great chin and he controls distance well, he good on the ground but hes young and he makes mistakes. Rosa does not have good top control but he is aggressive in trying to find the submission, hes likely more advanced than Paiva on the ground, he probably has more mat time. Paiva has good hips and balance but he lacks in strength, I feel comfortable saying Rosa will get takedowns. Rosa has good timing on his takedowns. Rosa will probably start boxing and take the takedown attempt as the opportunity appears or he could bully a takedown from the weaker fighter. Paiva has the better chance of winning by decision because Rosa will be at a clear disadvantage on the feet and Rosas top game isnt strong enough to compensate. If Rosa can take the back, that can close a gap to take a round he was otherwise losing or would have been losing if the fight was standing. Paiva picks his shots too much to say he will have a large gap in strikes landed. Paiva has been to a SD 3 times but is 12-1 overall when fights go the distance. I like Rosa at his current price and I expect the line to start tightening soon, If you want Rosa, now is probably a good time to make the play.

That's my biggest concern, he has decent combinations and is willing to eat 1 to land 3.

Hate to go against Sadistics here though I'm not sure what price he played. I can say with some degree of confidence that Paiva doesnt win this fight more than 7 out of 10 times. The problem with Paiva is his finishing ability, it's just too low to take him as a big favorite against a lot of fighters. Rosa has a good chin and his base is BJJ, Paiva is just not going to finish Rosa that often. Rosa is coming off 2 losses and is fighting on the same card as his wife, the man will be motivated. Rosa is going to finish Paiva more often than Paiva finishes Rosa. Paiva has a great chin and he controls distance well, he good on the ground but hes young and he makes mistakes. Rosa does not have good top control but he is aggressive in trying to find the submission, hes likely more advanced than Paiva on the ground, he probably has more mat time. Paiva has good hips and balance but he lacks in strength, I feel comfortable saying Rosa will get takedowns. Rosa has good timing on his takedowns. Rosa will probably start boxing and take the takedown attempt as the opportunity appears or he could bully a takedown from the weaker fighter. Paiva has the better chance of winning by decision because Rosa will be at a clear disadvantage on the feet and Rosas top game isnt strong enough to compensate. If Rosa can take the back, that can close a gap to take a round he was otherwise losing or would have been losing if the fight was standing. Paiva picks his shots too much to say he will have a large gap in strikes landed. Paiva has been to a SD 3 times but is 12-1 overall when fights go the distance. I like Rosa at his current price and I expect the line to start tightening soon, If you want Rosa, now is probably a good time to make the play.

At current odds I'd be passing on Paiva, but would need closer to +250 to play DLR personally. Despite DLR being a black belt I think it's pretty clear that Paiva is the better MMA grappler. I don't see DLR hitting TDs and actually think he gets reversed trying. Off his back he seems content to play guard.

I see DLR as the worst FLW on the roster. He's unathletic, flat footed, lacks the wrestling to get his mediocre BJJ game going, and is often forced to rely on volume boxing to win a decision. Both guys are fighting for their job, both are hella durable, and both love to come forward, it's gonna be fun.

Who are the gassers on this card? I wasn’t aware at first that this fight was going to be at Elevation.

Back