UFC on ESPN+ 25 Anderson vs Blachowicz II

If i recall Townsend also has the Chin issue as well. I would problary take on Clark. Clark has being doing ok in his few last matches.
His chin held up pretty well last fight from memory. He shrugged off bombs. Don’t think his chin is an issue at all

If Diego survives the first, I think he has a pretty good chance for a finish at altitude. I may just end up on the ITD.

My concern with Pereira is that if Diego gets him down, then I think he'll spend the rest of the round on the bottom.
You should also be concerned with him fighting at elevation with his awful cardio. And concerned about Diego’s chin. The whole fight is too concerning to concern myself with

So far I like Jim Miller, Nicco, and Yancy. Still haven't pulled the trigger on Kenney or Bontorin. I'm not sure about the rest.

Some really cool grappling matchups on this card: Borg/Bontorin and Merab/Kenney. Leaning towards the dogs on both.

Both should be good fights, really looking forward to Merab/Kenney, I'm expecting some fantastic scrambles.

No idea who I lean either way on them, I don't know Bonotorin too well but him essentially being a flyweight also should help Borg a bit, the move up to 135 for Borg is a bit iffy just because I think he's at a strength disadvantage against a lot of the division and it's more a testament to his tenacity and skills that'll see him do well at BW. I think as Borg climbs the rankings that size difference will prove to be too much when he's up against top 20 level guys who have the skills and are big for the weight class.

Merab/Kenney I think I lean Kenney, not looked at odds yet but if either of them end up a decent sized underdog I'd be happy to play either of them because it's going to be a back and forth fight (can see it being some 29-28 split decision).

It's Diego's only path, and it's definitely possible, but barring a big mistake early from Pereira that results in him ending up on the ground I can't see how Sanchez gets it there. A full energy Pereira is going to be very strong and will most likely shrug Diego's efforts off. It all changes after the first round, from round 2 onwards I would favour Sanchez

Doesn't feel too far fetched that Pereira would make a big mistake through. He's not exactly Mr. Fundamentally Sound...

I want to buy into Diego he will definitely have a cardio advantage, but is he still away from jacksons working and with the 1 cornerman? We know hes batshit crazy but if hes not getting a good training camp with real coaches he's in trouble

Diego Sanchez is going to be the poster boy for CTE soon enough. I can't believe he's still fighting and no one close to him has stepped in. It's legitimately dangerous at this point, I don't think he should be getting in there any more...or fight guys that aren't going to bust him up like Maia or something.

In any case, Pereira isn't good. Good fight for live betting as his cardio will fall off a cliff 4 minutes in. Just wait on Diego getting to that point

Official prediction is Pereira R1 stoppage but not a fight I'm clamouring to put $ on

Diego Sanchez is going to be the poster boy for CTE soon enough. I can't believe he's still fighting and no one close to him has stepped in. It's legitimately dangerous at this point, I don't think he should be getting in there any more...or fight guys that aren't going to bust him up like Maia or something.

In any case, Pereira isn't good. Good fight for live betting as his cardio will fall off a cliff 4 minutes in. Just wait on Diego getting to that point

Official prediction is Pereira R1 stoppage but not a fight I'm clamouring to put $ on
I feel the same way. Michel Pereira has serious power and Sanchez's chin isn't what it used to be. But what Sanchez is going to show up? The berserker, or the tactician.

Borella has decent footwork and opponents have difficulty getting off first because she quickly gets out of range. It’s better for De La Rosa to let her move foreword throwing her combinations and counter and or intercept. Murphy was able to land that uppercut while she was moving forward. She is also open to left hook counters in the pocket. Borella likes to throw her punches fast but really doesn’t put anything behind it. Against the cage, she did not even fight for underhook. Gonna rewatch Montana / Andrea fight again. Really want to bet Montana here.

So far I like Jim Miller, Nicco, and Yancy. Still haven't pulled the trigger on Kenney or Bontorin. I'm not sure about the rest.
Damn Im opposite, minus having an opinion on the Nicco fight, she withdrew anyway.

Think Miller gets his TDs stuffed and rocked on the feet. Also Yancy is moving back down, and he already had a suspect chin.

Montano is officially out. Shame, since unlike most of the forum, I very much liked Macy at -145 and was deciding between pre-betting and waiting for live odds after round 1, with the distinct risk that Macy knocks her out before then.

Shanna Young as a replacement is no fun; Macy will be juiced to the moon.

Anderson and Merab both dominate. Anderson 30-25'd Jan the first time, and I don't see any real differences in his wrestling defense that'll change that result.

I love Kenney like a son, but he's small and Merab's pace/wrestling is stupid.

Montano is officially out. Shame, since unlike most of the forum, I very much liked Macy at -145 and was deciding between pre-betting and waiting for live odds after round 1, with the distinct risk that Macy knocks her out before then.

I had Macy in a lot of short parlays which are now just chalky single bets

Anderson and Merab both dominate. Anderson 30-25'd Jan the first time, and I don't see any real differences in his wrestling defense that'll change that result.

I love Kenney like a son, but he's small and Merab's pace/wrestling is stupid.
Have a few big parlays ending with Corey the first fighter I locked in. I see the fight in very simple terms - both fighters improved 5 years later but still same stylistic matchup ultimately so I don't see why the results will differ. Also with 5 years later comes the fact that Jan is 37y old and the slower fighter/worse cardio in Mexico elevation. @Gugabe thoughts on Anderson getting a late finish say rounds 4 or 5? Thinking of adding small amounts to them though the decision play is tempting too.

Merab was like -220 for a while and very recently dropped to -160 in my book. I'm curious if money will continue going into Kenney as the week progresses. I was on him vs Bermudez cause he's not a great grappler, but I think he's outclassed on the feet and ground vs Merab here.

Last edited:

I had a play on Macy at those odds

montano is a flake

Back