UFC on ESPN+ 25 Anderson vs Blachowicz II

Might go with Daniel Rodriguez over Means. He should be the dog. Tapology has the reach identical giving up 2" in height. His contender series bout was a disappointment but more because his opponent did not want to engage. Means will stay in the pocket and trade giving Rodriguez the fight he wants.

Surprisingly Means has only fought one other southpaw in the UFC, Marcio Alexandre Junior back in 2014 and the fight went to a split. Hand fighting is a big part of his game. I haven't taped yet but found this interesting

i like kenney at current odds, I understand why Dvalishvili is the favourite, but Kenney is aquality fighter who is very well rounded. He outgrappled Bermudez last time out, which is not an easy task. dvalishvilli is a relentless takedown machine, but Kenny actually likes these scramblefests. I feel the odds should be close to pick'em, therefore im taking the dog.

Surprisingly Means has only fought one other southpaw in the UFC, Marcio Alexandre Junior back in 2014 and the fight went to a split. Hand fighting is a big part of his game. I haven't taped yet but found this interesting
I did not get much off that fight. Means fought southpaw and Marcia fought at a distance circling away from Means left. He did land a left high kick in the 2nd that hurt Means but Means did dominate that fight.

Rodriguez has been in camp training for a championship fight in the regional scene so he will be in shape. He also has a new strength and conditioning coach he is speaking highly of.

Huge step up from Quinonez to Dodson...

That said, Dodson throws no volume and can't remember the last time he hurt someone? -160 seems fair but if it does get steamed I'd still play Dodson at +220 or more I think
Dodson has looked weird in his last few fights. Kinda like the light is on but nobody is home. Before someone comments, actually go watch them and see that he throws strikes but it's like a shell of his former self for whatever reason.

Thoughts on Lando vs Yancy?

I know Lando's recent performances have been real iffy but him being +140 vs Yancy seems very odd to me. Almost like a steal. Almost.

Round 1 Lando is super dangerous. Almost finished a lot of his opponents first thing. Has developed a weird conservative fight style that turns back into brawling. Yancy is chinny af. Rocked many times in both weight classes.

Great card for betting, alot of confident winners.
Holtzman
Wood
Clark
Paiva
Bontorin

Dog of the card
Cassey Kenney

Jan's line is way off. If it was was a 3 round fight i would have him as favourite. He should win the first 2 rounds as his energy management is much better now, and his game has improved, espcially his boxing. He has a great jab now and fights behind it well.

I think pre fight jan ml the right play, then arb in-play. I might play the o2.5 if the odds are ok, but i dont have much faith in corey's chin.

I like Devin Clark against Antigulov , he has wrestling to defend takedowns and most important cardio for 3 rounds.

Great card for betting, alot of confident winners.
Holtzman
Wood
Clark
Paiva
Bontorin

Dog of the card
Cassey Kenney
What's the best odds you'd take Holtzman at. I think -160 is pretty good against old man miller.

He dropped Yan in his last fight and Moraes a couple fights before that.
And another thing to consider is that Woods best weapon is his jits. However, he is going to have a difficult time getting Dodson to the ground. Even if he does manage to get a few takedowns I don't see him being able to keep Dodson down for a prolonged period of time. So if the majority of the fight is on the feet will Woods be able to win?

I like Devin Clark against Antigulov , he has wrestling to defend takedowns and most important cardio for 3 rounds.

Don't know much about Clark but I imagine he takes out Townsend.

Don't know much about Clark but I imagine he takes out Townsend.

With Townsends tdd clark likely takes this easy but Townsend can crack

This fight card is alot better for underdog odds and betting. Looks like a good fight card.

Think the favs will clean up this card. Perreira, Wood, Paiva, Rosa, and Holtzman are all odds sticking out at me.

Think the favs will clean up this card. Perreira, Wood, Paiva, Rosa, and Holtzman are all odds sticking out at me.
Mabye, I'm just starting my research and Mark De la Rosa Looks like he has quite a bit better close range boxing, and Paiva likes to wade into close range leaving his chin out there...and he doesn't have good defense.

Jim Millar as a dog against a mid tier fighter is always interesting

Hmm this card is in New Mexico, right beside Texas..... Much lower profile I know and maybe I'm just feeling burned but I got to ask.
Anyone know how to find out which judges/refs will be working an event beforehand? Maybe I'm a little paranoid but seems to be a trend with certain venues and officials.

Back