Robert Whittaker wins inside distance
+175
Nathaniel Wood wins inside distance
Tom Aspinall wins inside distance
Gadzhimurad Antigulov wins inside distance
+150
Khamzat Chimaev wins inside distance
Pannie Kianzad

The Scotsman might ruin an otherwise delightful parlay for you. I'm gonna tail this (without the -450 favorite), and Craig ML

Also why not use Whit -5.5 if you think he's gonna win ITD. Its still plus money and covers a one sided decision

The Scotsman might ruin an otherwise delightful parlay for you. I'm gonna tail this (without the -450 favorite), and Craig ML
I might do the same, haha. I rewatched the Russian vs Ion and was impressed with his control before gassing... a seriously credentled wrestler and sub artist. I don't think he's going to have to worry about that kind of pressure tonight and he'll be able to do his thing. I trust what he brings to the table more than Craig at this point...

Since everybody here is on Trinaldo, thought I would share my thoughts on Herbert.

IMO people are questioning his schedule too much...he's fighting decent enough sub-UFC competition, and absolutely smashing everybody. Even in the rounds where he is getting taken down, he's not losing any rounds because he gets back up and beats the brake off his opponents. 4 KO's in a row vs. that level of competition is nothing to sneeze at.

And not only is he smashing the competition outside of a few moments of grappling weakness, but he has an excellent reach and his striking looks great. I think it's safe to say that he is the best and most powerful striker Trinaldo has faced in his career. This may sound like a bold proclamation, but who is better than him? Paul Felder? James Vick? Trinaldo has not faced many dangerous strikers in his career, which is why his lack of KO losses is being overplayed. And he was hurt badly by a Kevin Lee headkick before being submitted immediately after. He has a good chin but it's not uniquely good, and at age 41 everybody's chin becomes unreliable.

Let's recall he was +190 vs James Vick and lost a clear decision because he couldn't get inside the reach 2.5 years ago when he was a sprightly 39 year old. Now he is a month away from turning 42, and people want to lay juice on him vs a better + more powerful striker with a similar reach, why? Because Herbert has slightly worse grappling defense than Vick? He can be taken down, but his get-up game is decent and seems to be improving. And Trinaldo has said that wrestling tires him out, has never shown the cardio to wrestle for large portions of a fight, and at 41 is unlikely he gets his first UFC wrestlefuck win.

Since the Vick fight, he arguably deserves 4 wins in a row, but it's against such soft competition. Dunham was complete dust. And then he BARELY outstruck Alexander Hernandez, whose striking looked awful vs Dober + Cowboy and is nowhere near the caliber of striker of Herbert.

The Bobby Green fight may be an L outside of Brazil, and his wrestling looked declined as Green (whose wrestling is average) was the better wrestler. Trinaldo did more damage striking, but he landed lower volume and was the beneficiary of Green's short arms and nonexistent power. Same goes for Makdessi, who is getting old and completely laid an egg vs Trinaldo.

It seems the recent wins are giving people confidence that Trinaldo isn't cooked when he is looking older every time out, and it's only a matter of time before he hits his expiration date. Missing weight isn't a good sign either-- either his body is no longer functioning like it should, or he is losing motivation since he knows he is too old to get a title shot, and instead of a ranked opponent he is drawing a talented debut guy who he matches up terribly with.

I cap Herbert as a solid fave. Sure I think there's some chance Trinaldo catches him with a big punch or a guillotine. Or maybe he can mix in enough takedowns to win a close decision. But I think the striking is going to be tough for Trinaldo. He's going to eat damage, and he is going to struggle to get inside the reach, and this may be the fight where the wheels fall off and he is finally KO'd. And Herbert is going to be landing the crisper, more damaging shots, which can shift the decision in his favor even if he does spend some time on bottom.

I have Herbert ML at +125 thru +150, Herbert KO +505, and Herbert round 1 +975. I understand the prospect of getting somebody as proven as Trinaldo vs somebody as unproven as Herbert at such low juice is a tempting proposition, but IMO this is the wrong matchup at the wrong time. Herbert should have trouble against ranked opponents that grapple well or have KO power, but today the UFC is setting him up with the perfect name brand opponent to make him look good and let him build hype.

Also why not use Whit -5.5 if you think he's gonna win ITD. Its still plus money and covers a one sided decision

I have a tough time seeing Whittaker win a one sided decision. Till is the UFC golden child, for Whittaker to get 49-46 cards he is going to have to clearly win rounds. And if he is clearly winning rounds, odds are Till is going to sleep. Don't think he has the cardio or durability to withstand 5 rounds of consistent damage from Bobby Knuckles

got some sobotta sub at +700, very realistic outcome imo.

I have a tough time seeing Whittaker win a one sided decision. Till is the UFC golden child, for Whittaker to get 49-46 cards he is going to have to clearly win rounds. And if he is clearly winning rounds, odds are Till is going to sleep. Don't think he has the cardio or durability to withstand 5 rounds of consistent damage from Bobby Knuckles

Right but in a long shot parlay +125 and +175 are not far off from each other and the bet covers two different methods of victory where as the inside the distance covers one. In a six leg parlay, there's no point in taking only one of those paths to victory.

With all the complaining people do about WMMA to begin with, of all people how anyone can validate betting on Bethe of all the available female fighters you could bet on... I'm fading Bethe purely based on the 10 year youth advantage for Pannie...
Odds

People complain about WMMA because worse fighters often lose to better fighters and they look like idiots for putting money on the better fighter that lost (who was a favourite)

What you're suggesting people do is put money on the better fighter who is a moderate favourite

Oliviera often folds after the first round. He has also indicated he needs money for his 14 kids so I assume he will go for the finish early. Therefore I like Oliveira first rd for +600 and Sobotta itd +525.

Oliviera often folds after the first round. He has also indicated he needs money for his 14 kids so I assume he will go for the finish early. Therefore I like Oliveira first rd for +600 and Sobotta itd +525.
Cowboy Oliveira is the real life Renato Laranja

Can anyone give me a reason why Castaneda isn't live in this one? Wood eats shots all the time, and Castenada's grappling is pretty decent

Down to -122. Very surprising. Wondering if there’s some information we don’t have because that line makes very little sense to me
Line is pick em now. Not gonna lie I'm starting to get concerned that there's some missing info, like injury or something which could have played into him missing weight

Line is pick em now. Not gonna lie I'm starting to get concerned that there's some missing info, like injury or something which could have played into him missing weight

Market thinks Herbert is a legit good striker with a big reach advantage and Trinaldo is super old and looking unreliable after missing weight. That’s really all there is to it

Fighters who miss weight recently had lost badly. At least in these crazy times in 2020.
Last year fighters who had missed weight did comeback with a win. Some of thme.

Seems like all the Scandinavian fighters and Team Kaobon is taking home the trophies tonight! :D

Back