PBP UFC on ESPN 12 Poirier vs Hooker - PBP Discussion - 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we get a bye week before the mega card on Fight Island.

This will be 2 weeks with loads of UFC. And also some forget about Whittaker-Till on Fight Island which gets me more excited than Fakenewsman vs Burns btw

Round 2 was brutal for Dustin. Most fighters would fold under that barrage of shots. I have friends in Lafayette and they're all good people. Dustin does so much for the community and he's loved. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

That's what I like about him a lot. Just seems like a total genuine, nice and helpful guy who does something good with his fame and achievements.

Round 2 was super tough and I saw a possible TKO incoming. Great how he took the fight on his side from round 3. I would definitely put this at FOTY so far and over Gaethje-Ferguson speaking of the divison.

one of the best fight cards of all time last night in my book. everything from the hansen fight on was fireworks. poirier/hooker has overtaken song/chito for FOTY imo

Incredible performance by Dustin! So glad he won this!! :) can't like at the moment :D:confused: but the fight looked like ^^ in some moments ;)<45>

Dustin tends to back up towards the cage instead of moving sideways when he gets in trouble. Just wanted him to get out of the 2nd round. Dustin absorbed lot of punishment but kept standing.
That's what I like about him a lot. Just seems like a total genuine, nice and helpful guy who does something good with his fame and achievements.

Round 2 was super tough and I saw a possible TKO incoming. Great how he took the fight on his side from round 3. I would definitely put this at FOTY so far and over Gaethje-Ferguson speaking of the divison.

Lafayette is a blue collar town with great people. Dustin represents Louisiana well with his charity work.

LafayetteTravel_Dat_Dog_16_01ec189e-f247-4ea0-b721-35ca57619df5.jpg

So was Maurice Greene drinking beers at the pool after weigh ins?

didn't want to make a post about this but

but did Anik really confuse Karma Worthy for Michael Johnson right before the commercial break? Mad stoned right now.

Again, you're talking from a perspective where a fight such as we witnessed tonight is a normality. It's not. Two guys laid it all on the line and your only piece of invaluable analysis is "improve cardio."

His cardio is also tied to a) his output b) taking damage.

Damage and output were high so not surprising he slowed down.

He was also controlling the fight with kicks and knees and once he tired it basically turned to boxing and Poirier has way better hands.

Dustin was saved by the bell in round 2 and was taken down by an Aussie 4 times, had his back taken by an aussie. No wonder he don't wanna fight Chandler.

f6yVcyJ.gif

210644d0d9e8cdb5d9b27ba12c4679cc.gif

SharpBasicGerenuk-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_n26slsdLdq1ry1rm7o2_r1_400.gif

SadCompassionateApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

animation-14.gif

c468820b2e96705325aef0f767382de1.gif

Back