PBP UFC on ESPN 12 Poirier vs Hooker - PBP Discussion - 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dan had crazy pace going and obviously couldn’t keep it up himself.

Was my biggest factor in picks, one is tried an the other isn't, plus showed cardio concerns in 3 rounders.

Zabit syndrome etc. (well not that bad but still).

Nah you stupid. One person had higher level of cardio and was more used to 5 round battles with elite level athletes. If Hooker is able to get on a higher level of cardio then he will soon gain the upper hand in battles like this and come out the victor more often than not.

Again, you're talking from a perspective where a fight such as we witnessed tonight is a normality. It's not. Two guys laid it all on the line and your only piece of invaluable analysis is "improve cardio."

Was my biggest factor in picks, one is tried an the other isn't, plus showed cardio concerns in 3 rounders.

Zabit syndrome etc. (well not that bad but still).

I called it earlier in two threads. Fight went almost exactly how I expected it with slight deviation in the second.

Although I like Anderson more than Aldo, this is not true. Definitely. Aldo fought better competition, period. AND he was the smaller guy almost every single fight, the opposite from Anderson.

Nah

The pride of Louisiana. That was one of the all-time best fights I've ever watched. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @BroRogan

tenor.gif
Poirier is so awesome, I am so happy for him

Fight of the Night: Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker

Performance of the Night: Julian Erosa

Performance of the Night: Kay Hansen

Boser over Lins 1st rd KO should've been a POTN nothing against Hansen I had her and she pulled out the win but Boser delivering the Thor Hammer down on a fallen Lins was movie sh!t.

Last edited:
Props to Dustin man he is tough got the heart of a champion and a stellar record. I have always liked him just thought Dan had the edge in overall attacks.

epic fight..

Did that really happen?! Lmao
It was on the postfight show. Megan told him to go celebrate with his girlfriend, then Perry said something along the lines of "tell Joe to let you come celebrate with us." Then she laughs and says "no thanks, I'd be puking in the corner."

I don't know. I was hoping someone else had seen it, because I'm sure I got it wrong.

It was on the postfight show. Megan told him to go celebrate with his girlfriend, then Perry said something along the lines of "tell Joe to let you come celebrate with us." Then she laughs and says "no thanks, I'd be puking in the corner."

I don't know. I was hoping someone else had seen it, because I'm sure I got it wrong.

Lmao

Main event most combined strikes landed in a lightweight bout

- Poirier and Hooker combined for 390 total strikes landed, the single-fight record for a UFC lightweight bout. Poirier vs. Max Holloway at UFC 236 held the previous record with 388.

Back