UFC on ESPN 1 Ngannou vs Velasquez

Looks like I’m in the minority here but I’m on Cain -185 for 2.5u. Obv there is a lot of uncertainty about how he will look given his inactivity. But given what Stipe did to Francis, so long as Cain isn’t less than a shell of his former self, I think he can wear Francis out and fuck him up. Given how long he’s been out, im hopeful he’s been patiently waiting to get back to as close to 100% as he possibly can before agreeing to return. If he hasn’t fallen off a cliff and can just avoid the early walk off KO and push the pace, this fight is his imo.

After watching tape I don't think whitmire can handle Albu's physicality. While she is better technically she was getting tagged by Moyle who is smaller and not nearly as powerful. I would say Curran looks slightly stronger than Whitmire physically and Albu just threw her around with headlocks until late in the third when she looked pretty gassed. Whitmire really lacks power, some of her punches against Moyle looked like they were in slow motion. I can't see her causing any real damage to Albu and I'm not sure she's durable enough to take shots from Albu.

Hey guys, remember when Cain almost made a comeback against Werdum in late 2016 and he wasn’t allowed after a interview where he said he was in constant pain and CBD was the only thing helping?

How do you trust that guy vs Ngannou?

Since his 2013 fight against JDS, Cain has had 2 fights. For comparison, BJ Penn has had double that since he dropped down to 145.

Cain is no parlay material and his odds arent good for a single.
Risk/odds wise isnt worth a shot
-Cain didnt fought since 2015
-USADA
-multiple injuries
-He is fighting the scariest HW Francis Ngannou

DOG OR PASS only

I mean cain lost a stand up battle vs werdum, i know it was at altitude and that he will have a different approach vs ngannou but still. Cain at -200 is just stupid.

think I will parlay

kron sub round 1
bermudez sub
whittmire
and felder via tko if vick looks dead on the scale again

Holtzman is for sure stronger physicaly than Lentz, he got cleaner striking too and I think he will win a dec here.

Holtzman training with MMALab, Henderson and Korean Zombie will most definitely prepare his overall game and striking as well. Korean Zombie as a sparring partner can only benefit you.. I don't think Holtzman gets enough credit for his Alan Patrick win. Patrick is not entertaining, but he is effecient in what he does, and Holtzman managed to deal with the wrestling/grappling. I know he hurt him which could've changed the direction of the fight, but he shut him down with his physical strength as well. Lentz will be the smaller and much less physcial fighter. Lentz has been sparring with some beasts as well, but I think that Holtzman will have the edge almost everywhere. Holtzman ML/DEC hedged with Lentz SUB is the way to play this IMO.

Holtzman training with MMALab, Henderson and Korean Zombie will most definitely prepare his overall game and striking as well. Korean Zombie as a sparring partner can only benefit you.. I don't think Holtzman gets enough credit for his Alan Patrick win. Patrick is not entertaining, but he is effecient in what he does, and Holtzman managed to deal with the wrestling/grappling. I know he hurt him which could've changed the direction of the fight, but he shut him down with his physical strength as well. Lentz will be the smaller and much less physcial fighter. Lentz has been sparring with some beasts as well, but I think that Holtzman will have the edge almost everywhere. Holtzman ML/DEC hedged with Lentz SUB is the way to play this IMO.
I was on Alan Patrick at that time, Holtzman had a very impressive perfomance. Lentz got rock by Maynard in last fight lol I hope Holtzman wins.

does Kron have anything at all on the feet or is he another of the "get it to the mat at all costs" type of BJJ guy?

Holtzman was getting cracked vs Horcher of all ppl lol while he looked solid vs Patrick i think he is getting overrated here based on that performence Patrick's striking is horrible

i would at least recommend to watch the standup parts vs Horcher and Lentz fight with Teymur before placing bets

does Kron have anything at all on the feet or is he another of the "get it to the mat at all costs" type of BJJ guy?

Get it to the mat at all costs, at least from what ive seen. Shouldn't be that big a fav imo but caceres is a wimp so idk.

Lentz seems like a good play

After watching tape I don't think whitmire can handle Albu's physicality. While she is better technically she was getting tagged by Moyle who is smaller and not nearly as powerful. I would say Curran looks slightly stronger than Whitmire physically and Albu just threw her around with headlocks until late in the third when she looked pretty gassed. Whitmire really lacks power, some of her punches against Moyle looked like they were in slow motion. I can't see her causing any real damage to Albu and I'm not sure she's durable enough to take shots from Albu.

I hope Whitmire has heavily worked on angling away when going back, or it might be a short night for her. Don't see Whitmire doing any real damage to Albu, but can easily picture a 29-28 decision going her way with some point fighting and ground control. Albu seems really lacking on the ground and can be taken down. It should be an interesting contrast of styles.

Holtzman was getting cracked vs Horcher of all ppl lol while he looked solid vs Patrick i think he is getting overrated here based on that performence Patrick's striking is horrible
i would at least recommend to watch the standup parts vs Horcher and Lentz fight with Teymur before placing bets

Horcher is getting a lot of respect for one performance. Besides beating Patrick, his resume is unimpressive, he's only beaten bums. Perhaps Patrick was overrated, he fought a bunch of guys that couldn't wrestle. Holtzman is no great wrestler but he's a Lab guy and a decent athlete. Patrick looked lost when he couldn't implement his top game, he can't strike and he slows down.

Lentz is still improving IMO, his striking has clearly improved since going to train with Hooft. Lentz is a veteran and has way more experience but is also the younger guy against Holtzman. Lentz doesn't really have weaknesses but he doesn't have great strengths either, he's a well rounded fighter that's solid everywhere.

Beating a guy like Will Brooks is impressive, Will Brooks is levels above Holtzman IMO. Brooks didn't like the pressure Lentz was putting on him standing and foolishly dove into a guillotine that Lentz had already made him aware of in the previous round.

Holtzman is a bigger, faster athlete and thats his biggest advantage. Lentz can push a relentless pace but he's never been explosive or quick. Holtzman is 35 years old but he's still young in his career and we're still seeing improvements.

I'm tempted to take Lentz and I do expect a very competitive fight

you liked how many leg kicks he took vs teymur or something?

lentz was dropped by mcbride,maynard....and twice vs teymur

lentz was dropped by mcbride,maynard....and twice vs teymur
exaggerate much? mcbride hit him with a weird punch to the back of the head while he was coming forward and maynard never dropped him he landed a huge right while lentz was going for his own punch it staggered lentz a little but came straight back with his own punches and finished maynard

Back