PBP UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasquez PBP Discussion thread: 6pm ET/3pm PT/11pm UK

It's a shame the fight ended the way it did, Cain can still come back. Excellent win for Ngannou!

It happened what it happened, in my MMA watching experience this was one of the worst fight weeks for main events. First Mitrione injured Kharitonov and then Cain's knees fell apart against Ngannou (Yes, I believe it would've been a different outcome after the uppercut if Cain's knees were still good, he was still conscious, willing to battle).

I hope Błachowicz vs. Santos won't be disappointing and 235 should be great.

Cain should just retire. He looked bad and he is literally falling apart around the cage. Too bad, if he was in any other gym other than AKA he would be the best HW but they ruined him with their stupidity.

Co-main was boring. Barbarena and Luke was super wild.

Rivera was boring like always. Sterling still doesn't know how to box. His striking is soooo awkward. And he thinks Moraes was lucky...LOL

Next card is pretty lame but at least it's in European time so I can watch it live.

He didn't KO anything. They kept saying "the one two". Lol it totally missed. Then he landed a pushing hook with no power at all. Cain was just moving away from it and his knee blew out. That wasn't a KO.

I didn't say Cain got KO. I said Ngannou has that kind of power. He hit Cain in the jaw and Cain then buckled. Thats whats on the tape. Watch this video as proof.

As fighters get older their training needs to adapt. And sparring and the actual fight is completely different. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

a7f202afc241fbe176de78a9374ccbed.gif

Cain himself said he got clipped

it sucks man, I know but lets not cope like that :/
It was obvious he got clipped, but in all the replays it shows him completely coherent and then grimacing due to his knee...

He was not KO'd, sucks for him but his body will not hold up to his style.

Edson ko's concunt
khabib beats him and already smesh him.
Tony chokes him to death
gaetje pummel him
Vick ko's him standing with a head kick
al iaquinta ko's him after gassing Connor out.
yeah yeah we know, conor loses every hypothetical matchup ever.

lmfao stop.

I haven't checked, but they do make them. I think it's more padding than anything.

@Nurse Joy care to fill us in?
There is a protective plate a woman can wear over her ovaries called a “Jill”. I’ve never actually met a female who wears one however. It is optional to wear one. Women’s organs just aren’t t as vulnerable. A woman can get kicked in the vaj and it’s like getting kicked in the leg. Hurts, but not even close to as sensitive as balls.

It happened what it happened, in my MMA watching experience this was one of the worst fight weeks for main events. First Mitrione injured Kharitonov and then Cain's knees fell apart against Ngannou (Yes, I believe it would've been a different outcome after the uppercut if Cain's knees were still good, he was still conscious, willing to battle).

I hope Błachowicz vs. Santos won't be disappointing and 235 should be great.
So it’s both knees now? Ngannou punched him and blew out both his knees?

Back