PBP UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasquez PBP Discussion thread: 6pm ET/3pm PT/11pm UK

I keep watching this over and over, and I still don't see this uppercut from Ngannou everybody's insisting happened. What I do see is Cain screaming after falling over and Ngannou making contact with a couple of strikes at that point.
You should see a doctor

As we could clearly see, he got KTFO - like I always knew he would be - and started pretending it was the "knee" to create a fake alibi. Poor Cain. Like I always said, he is overrated and now back to retirement forever. Good job Ngannou!!

Faking a scream while supposedly unconscious would be the GOAT acting job in human history.

I keep watching this over and over, and I still don't see this uppercut from Ngannou everybody's insisting happened. What I do see is Cain screaming after falling over and Ngannou making contact with a couple of strikes at that point.

It's right here.

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

He throws a short right that drops Cain onto his knees. Clear as day.

You don't see Cain's head snapping back right before he goes down? Maybe the strike buckled his knee, maybe his knee just gave out, but he did get hit.

Short hook uppercut on the inside rocked Cain and buckled his knees,. Plain and simple. He wasnt flat out KO'd by the uppercut but he was TKO'd, which is why you saw him grappling the Ref's legs.

He did recover almost seconds after grappling the ref's legs tho.

He lost a legit fight there and was man enough to admit it.
Just his crazed rabid fans in demential denial.

It's right here.

FantasticPinkGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif

He throws a short right that drops Cain onto his knees. Clear as day.

I see Ngannou touching Cain with what looks more like a push than a punch, and even then Cain doesn't drop immediately, he just sort of slips down as each of his lower legs go out to the side. No way can THAT be this mysterious mighty uppercut everyone claims KO'd Cain stiff.

But at least on this replay I do see a fist making actual contact with Cain's jaw. Still not convinced it's a legit KO though.

Dat uppercut was sneaky

Francis still getting better

Wait, you mean he's not Sokoudjou 2.0?

Legit LOL @ the shit that people were saying after he lost to Stipe.

Dude still has plenty of unanswered questions, but a guy with that level of athleticism and power at HW is going to be a problem for most of the division.

Last edited:
Not a Cain fan by any stretch. I just didn't see any punch that "snapped his head back".

You dont even see that short uppercut that shakes Cain's skull and jaw? Even in slow motion?
I really dont know what to say after this except, you're due a fresh visit to the eye doctor.
source.gif

Cain def got hit but it's my opinion he wasn't hurt by it. Even as he's dropping he's screaming in pain. Once he hit the ground all focus was on his knee until Francis started throwing bombs at his head and he covered up. I'm still saying Cain was betrayed by his knee .

You dont even see that short uppercut that shakes Cain's skull and jaw? Even in slow motion?
I really dont know what to say after this except, you're due a fresh visit to the eye doctor.
source.gif

As a matter of fact, Francis generated sooo much power in that small movement it actually lifted Cain off the ground slightly. Watch carefully

Back