PBP UFC on ESPN 1: Ngannou vs. Velasquez PBP Discussion thread: 6pm ET/3pm PT/11pm UK

don't wanna take anything away from francis, but man that was a total dud! but his record will now say he KOed Cain.

It's really weird how there's still no real shine on him even with a finish as quick as this. Ngannou IMO still has just as much to prove now as he did before the fight. Long way to go to get back to his pre-Stipe status.

Cain is just made of glass these days, it even looks like he hurts the same knee or it slightly gives out in a media day work out.

at around 40 seconds.

fair enough. but he didnt lose because of his knee. he lost because of a punch
it must be the Satan dragonball super punch that takes over a second to take effect,

not only im struggling to see his head bounce or move at all from that ''uppercut''

but it took a legit 1 and a half second before it 'dropped' him.

between the uppercut and the drop cain head bumped on francis forearm twice and he was still workin on the takedown when suddenly both his leg went on a fat mat split and he screamed.

i could even argue that those headbumps on francis arm did more damage

im not trying to make any excuse for cain , as i said earlier i expected him to lose early , but this outcome is retarded , even francis looked like he had not done anything to get that W.

giphy.gif
<{1-17}>

Cain is just made of glass these days, it even looks like he hurts the same knee or it slightly gives out in a media day work out.

at around 40 seconds.

Looks like he was coming in injured already. ughh this was a let down man. horrible way to end.

at around 40 seconds.

Wonder how many people made a fortune off that video. Jesus

Even if his knee hadn't blown it would have been just a matter of time. You could just see in the very brief time they fought that Ngannou was much stronger and faster than 36 y/o Cain. Prime Cain would cause him problems with wrestling but I would bet that wrestling is where his injuries/layoff affected him most. Hard to get that drive with bad knees. I don't think Cain was gonna be able to take him down and he was facing much more firepower than he had on the feet.

DC was watching that post fight like...
tumblr_nyxvmkefVh1tbcweeo1_400.gif

So after watching the Bellator yesterday and seeing the worst card ever, I figure I need some UFC as the antidote

And then this - a really meh card other than Barberena/Luque

I know we can’t control it but I’m getting really sick of huge build ups and 30 sec fights lol

They need to show the angle with Cain's face before the fall, I vividly remember it being 3/4 behind Ngannou and Cain looking sleep for a split second before the fall and reaction to the awkward landing, which happens with flash ko's.

at around 40 seconds.

I saw that as well --- he also mentioned something about the slippery mats.

Maybe he was injured going in and that fucked it up even more?

Back