Ufc on Abc starts at 3pm eastern

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Reminder for many whom will either forget or dont know.

Its a pretty solid card. Not stacked by any means but solid.

Max Holloway vs Calvin Kattar
Matt Brown vs Carlos Condit
Li Jiangling vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Joaquin Buckley vs Alessio Di Chirico
Punahele Soriano vs Dusko Todorovic

Bouta DVR the fuck outa that card fuck dis early ass start time and shit bit

Reminder for many whom will either forget or dont know.

Its a pretty solid card. Not stacked by any means but solid.

Max Holloway vs Calvin Kattar
Matt Brown vs Carlos Condit
Li Jiangling vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Joaquin Buckley vs Alessio Di Chirico
Punahele Soriano vs Dusko Todorovic
Appreciate the heads up. I can't wait, it seems like forever since the last event.

Imagine if ABC can actually pull this off and draw newv viewers. Have the daytime wine drinking, Mariano's shopping housewives watching MMA. That stuff be quite a fear.

It's slightly below average for a Fight Night card. The UFC should have come with much more talent for their debut on ABC and their first card after a 4-week layoff.

The three upcoming cards in Abu Dhabi are really weak. I guess the UFC is just happy they got Conor on a card. But if he tests positive for Covid and gets pulled from the card, that PPV will struggle to do 50,000 buys.

Holloway vs Kattar: A match up between two top-5 featherweights, but manlet divisions typically don't draw.

Condit vs Brown: Condit is a legend among long-time fans, but he's a shell of his former self. Brown's record is approaching .500. These two have 20 combined losses in the UFC -- that might be a record.

Ponzinibbio vs Jingliang Li: Ponzinibbio was on quite a win streak 3 years ago, but it was all against fighters ranked outside of the top 10. It's fitting that his return is against fighter who just lost to gatekeeper Magny.

Buckley vs Di Chirico: Buckley has gained some buzz thanks to back-to-back highlight reel knockouts, but he's still outside of the top 30 at middleweight and was cut from Bellator a couple of years ago.

Soriano vs Todorovic: A pair of undefeated fighters match up in what will be their 2nd fight in the UFC. Combined they have fewer wins overall (17) than Condit and Brown have losses in the UFC (20).

Magny vs Chiesa: A pair of borderline top-10 welterweights. The winner will be on a 4-fight winning streak, but it's hard to imagine either of them ever being a legitimate top-5 welterweight.

Warlley Alves vs Lazzez: Alves submitted Covington 6 years ago, but he has a losing record in the UFC since then. This is Lazzez's second fight in the UFC. Neither is a top-30 welterweight at this point.

Murphy vs Andrade: Murphy is undefeated on paper. Thanks to MMA's scoring system, he was able to score a draw against Tukhugov after losing 10-8 in Rd 1, because Rds 2 and 3 were close. Andrade has a decision win over Chito Vera, but he's 4-3 in the UFC. He's now 35 and fights very infrequently (only 7 fights in 7 years).

Modafferi vs Araujo: WMMA

Villanueva vs Moreira: Villanueva is 0-2 in the UFC and 16-11 overall. Moreira is 0-3 in the UFC.

Poirier vs McGregor: A must watch fight.

Hooker vs Chandler: A fight between two top-10 lightweights. Hooker puts on a lot of exciting wars. If Chandler impresses in his UFC debut, he could get a title shot.

Eye vs Calderwood: WMMA

Rodriguez vs Ribas: WMMA

Tavares vs Cara de Sapato: A pair of borderline top-15 middleweights of 2-fight losing streaks.

Tsarukyan vs Haqparast: The winner will be on the verge of the top 15 at lightweight.

Yeah, I'll be watching, 5pm for the prelims here in the UK......prelims are very stop-start though for me, too much WMMA breaking them up. It'll be watch a fight, do some pissing around, watch another fight, bit more pissing around. I'll properly get settled once the main card starts. I won't be watching the midweek card though, its fucking TERRIBLE.

domestic views will be terrible. Competing with NFL playoffs is a no win in America. This card is completely dependent on foreign views.

I know. As a Green Bay Packer fan this kind of sucks. I will probably have the football game on the tv and the fights on my laptop. The two football games are on at 4:35 and 8:35 Eastern though so at least I'll be able to watch the prelims.

Live MMA is best MMA you'll see me up at 9 on the bubonic chronic sippin smoovies
<WhatItIs>

I know. As a Green Bay Packer fan this kind of sucks. I will probably have the football game on the tv and the fights on my laptop. The two football games are on at 4:35 and 8:35 Eastern though so at least I'll be able to watch the prelims.
I’ll be doing the same, but just for the main event. Not too worried about the rest of the card.

Back