PBP UFC on ABC: Holloway vs. Kattar - PBP Discussion: 12:00 pm ET/9:00 am PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fZLgeXA.gif

Good :)
Who is THAT?

Appreciate fighters before they decline. If Max never wins the belt again, so what? He was in a title fight for 1550+ straight days. Loses to Dustin and Volk. Comes back and reinvents himself against Volk in a fight I thought he won and then takes it up another notch. Insane.

Appreciate fighters before they decline. If Max never wins the belt again, so what? He was in a title fight for 1550+ straight days. Loses to Dustin and Volk. Comes back and reinvents himself against Volk in a fight I thought he won and then takes it up another notch. Insane.
This. Watching guys like Max put on awesome fights for us is why we love MMA. Fuck belts, give me more performances like this one tonight. We live for shit like this.

Also...I hope Max wins back the belt lol

He's already a first ballot Hall of Famer and debatably the FW GOAT. At 29.

It’s legit SO hard for me to say that Aldo is not the greatest FW of all time, and I DO think he is the most well rounded FW of all time, but even I need to concede that GREATEST is in contention - it could be argued that it depends on level competition, and that most well rounded is better than greatest depending on that competition, but it’s till incredibly fucking impressive

He's good- I like most of the current/former fighters that are commentators in the UFC right now honestly. Hardy, Bis, and DC are likely my favorites but I think that Felder has gotten better for sure and does solid work. Wish they would bring Mir back- liked his commentary a lot too.

Cruz is also top-tier in terms of technical breakdowns of what is happening in the fight. The only things that frustrate me about him are when he gets into pissing contests with Rogan or when he focuses too much on predicting how something is going to play out mid match rather than just adding insight. But his knowledge is undeniable.

I have the exact same take on Cruz. When he's focused he's great. When the little man syndrome starts to take over it's near disastrous. But his technical input is tops.

I imagine the mandatory medical suspension would be at least 6 months. I believe the commission takes into account the type of fight they had in addition to what is potentially broken.

I'm an even bigger Kattar fan after that. He's exciting, win or lose. Maybe it's time for him to shake up his training a bit more. Maybe a different corner team. I don't think he's incapable of adjustments just yet.

It’s legit SO hard for me to say that Aldo is not the greatest FW of all time, and I DO think he is the most well rounded FW of all time, but even I need to concede that GREATEST is in contention - it could be argued that it depends on level competition, and that most well rounded is better than greatest depending on that competition, but it’s till incredibly fucking impressive

It's still Aldo for me. Max is second. Aldo's 145 title reign will probably never be matched. That really matters in historical conversations and context is paramount.

It's still Aldo for me. Max is second. Aldo's 145 title reign will probably never be matched. That really matters in historical conversations and context is paramount.

If Volk beats Ortega and gets a 3rd win over Holloway it will be hard to argue his credtienals .

He has wins over Mendes , Aldo and Holloway. Only Conor can say that he has done that as well.

Is that the biggest beatdown in a 5 rounder since GSP vs Fitch.... had it 50-41 near the 50-39 of Fitch.

He's been around so long sometimes I forget Max is 29. Really amazing. With fighters sometimes extending their careers into their late 30s and early 40s. Does Max have another decade of fighting?

He's already a first ballot Hall of Famer and debatably the FW GOAT. At 29.

If Volk beats Ortega and gets a 3rd win over Holloway it will be hard to argue his credtienals .

He has wins over Mendes , Aldo and Holloway. Only Conor can say that he has done that as well.

Still, Aldo has more defenses and a longer reign. Volk questionably lost that last fight. Volk isn't even close in my eyes even if those are great wins. Aldo basically beat Edgar when he was the 155 champ after losing a ridiculous decision. In essence he was a double champ. He didn't beat bums either. If you look at career apex through all divisions, I think MMA Matrix has Aldo third all time with his dominance and run. That's crazy.

Still, Aldo has more defenses and a longer reign. Volk questionably lost that last fight. Volk isn't even close in my eyes even if those are great wins. Aldo basically beat Edgar when he was the 155 champ after losing a ridiculous decision. In essence he was a double champ. He didn't beat bums either. If you look at career apex through all divisions, I think MMA Matrix has Aldo third all time with his dominance and run. That's crazy.[/QUOthat.
For me Conor dented Aldo's mystique with that quick KO.

So objectively I have Max at 1. Aldo 2. Volk on the outside on Conors Level as far as 145 goes with room to make a claim to the top with top contenders still available

Back