UFC not lacking stars anymore (Jones, Silva, GSP, Lesnar OUT)(McGregor, Ronda IN)

McGregor did not pulled in one million buys. You are delusional and naive.

You do not understand the basic concept of one attracting the mainstream.

No one in MMA except Rousey and maybe Jon Jones can do that.

McGregor can do it too but not at the moment yet.

so he pulled 950 K ? that were the stimates

Urijah Faber is honestly one of the most underrated draws.

They don't have any big stars that I care about.

And what I care about is what I care about.

McGregor did not pulled in one million buys. You are delusional and naive.

He actually pulled over 1,060,000 buys.

No one in MMA except Rousey and maybe Jon Jones can do that.

Neither have ever main evented a show that did better business than 189 or got a million buys (Unless 190 did)

McGregor can do it too but not at the moment yet.

Already has.

LOL. How are today's MMA stars supposed to impress me?

FW guy and 135 girl?:)

Seriously?

The thing about the UFC lacking stars right now is a product of there simply being more fighters. So many more people in the last generation seemed like a big deal because there were less of them. You looked forward to them more because you knew who they were. Now, they're just a face in a crowd of hundreds, and it takes much more to stand out from the pack.

Don't even mention Jones in the same list with the others. Jones was never ever a star. His pay-per-views consistently flopped. In fact it took the right opponents plus lots of marketing just for Jones to even get decent or above average numbers and even break even on his pay-per-views. In fact zuffa lost money on Jones pay-per-views consistently. I don't know where this notion came from that Jones was a star. The stats, numbers, and viewership prove otherwise. Jones is not even the highest drawing LHW champ ever (Tito and Liddell were)

Conor on the other hand is a legit massive super star and is saving MMA in North America right now

The REAL recent BIGGEST DRAWS of MMA were GSP, Brock, and now Conor

so he pulled 950 K ? that were the stimates

190 was a pretty stacked card. Crediting that to Conor Mc is just more GOAT delusion. If the UFC put the kind of media blitz behind every (white/English-speaking) champion they would sell more PPVs to. As it is Dana Baldfather even said they would just break even between the cost of promotion/operations and revenue for 190.

The thing about the UFC lacking stars right now is a product of there simply being more fighters. So many more people in the last generation seemed like a big deal because there were less of them. You looked forward to them more because you knew who they were. Now, they're just a face in a crowd of hundreds, and it takes much more to stand out from the pack.

Not true. Boxing has way more participants worldwide than MMA yet they are always able to produce a new star when an old one is done with the sport.

Not true. Boxing has way more participants worldwide than MMA yet they are always able to produce a new star when an old one is done with the sport.

There comparisons not the same. The people captaining the ship for the first big popularity wave of MMA are all out the door or close to it. The people immediately after look like lesser stars by comparison. Boxing is well past that point and even still they see ups and downs after big stars leave the sport. It just doesn't seem as dramatic in boxing because it's not a new phenomena.

Back