UFC & Nicknames

MaulingMyClown

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does the UFC own the rights to some of the nicknames of the fighters? Just wondering with Tito being announced as the "People's Champion" instead of his normal Huntington Beach Bad Boy. (Having met Tito, "People's Champion" was completely made up by him!!! lol)

TITOOOOO!!! So stoked for that guy, man, what a boss.

The Peoples' Champ.

Cecil Peoples. Because if you think he's a champ, you're as blind as Cecil Peoples.

I stopped liking Rory macdonald when he stopped being the waterboy and became ares. Seriously what the fuck is that. He's still the waterboy to me.

I stopped liking Rory macdonald when he stopped being the waterboy and became ares. Seriously what the fuck is that. He's still the waterboy to me.

Ares is actually a badass nicknae in my opinion, just not for the waterboy:icon_lol:

I doubt Zuffa would own the rights of the nicknames of individual fighters.

You know Tito just changed his nickname to that because he thought it was bad ass lol

anyone notice anything different in my signature?

Does the UFC own the rights to some of the nicknames of the fighters? Just wondering with Tito being announced as the "People's Champion" instead of his normal Huntington Beach Bad Boy. (Having met Tito, "People's Champion" was completely made up by him!!! lol)

Jacob "Tito" Ortiz been going with "The People's Champ" for years, back in the UFC too.

He wanted to be more positive instead of going by the "Bad Boy" thing, kinda like Diego Sanchez going from the "Nightmare" to the "Dream".

Back