Media UFC Newark confirmed, August 3rd.

Isnt volk from jersey? Maybe im off on that.

I could see volk vs holloway headlining.

But jersey is shit. So it will probably be a wmma headliner
Only off by about 10000 miles. He is from Australia.

New
Newark is/ was like:
UFC - Oakland
UFC - Compton
UFC - Jamaica Queens
UFC - Stockton
UFC - Somalia
UFC - Tijuana
UFC - anywhere in Baltimore

Nice arena looks safe enough to me? I don't know about today, but 10 years ago Newark was a nationally famous crime-ridden shit-hole.

You are naming places with really high violent crime statistics - for example Baltirmore is effectively locked in the top 10 most dangerous USA cities, usually in the top 5. It is not comparable to a city like Newark that is currently in the 50s. You would have to go back further then 10 years to say Newark was one of the most dangerous for violent crime.

Ironbound has always been fairly safe, including a decade ago. You have full time college students living there. South Newark is dangerous, and has always been dangerous.

Its not unusual for the UFC to visit NYC, Baltimore or Newark because they are playing at major arenas.

terrible card

Newark? There will be blood. And not in the octagon. This has to be the poorest, most dangerous city in the US the UFC has ever held a fight card. lol.

It's fine where the Rock is. Cops everywhere on the short walk from the train station. I went to GSP/Hardy there as well as Ping/Evans and it was fine.

UFC Newark sounds safe and legit to me, Arena looks good, I was mistaken. Not trying to sabotage ticket sales if it's an improved area and UFC has been there before. Anyways... where the hell is Wiman/ Pena on the books?

You are naming places with really high violent crime statistics - for example Baltirmore is effectively locked in the top 10 most dangerous USA cities, usually in the top 5. It is not comparable to a city like Newark that is currently in the 50s. You would have to go back further then 10 years to say Newark was one of the most dangerous for violent crime.

Ironbound has always been fairly safe, including a decade ago. You have full time college students living there. South Newark is dangerous, and has always been dangerous.

Its not unusual for the UFC to visit NYC, Baltimore or Newark because they are playing at major arenas.
I know I love the Wire and my sister claims PTSD for teaching a year of inner-city kids there, for some teachers for America program to boost her resume, lol.

New
Newark is/ was like:
UFC - Oakland
UFC - Compton
UFC - Jamaica Queens
UFC - Stockton
UFC - Flint
UFC - Somalia
UFC - Tijuana
UFC - anywhere in Baltimore

Nice arena looks safe enough to me. I don't know about today, but 10 years ago Newark was a nationally famous, amazingly poor, crime-ridden shit-hole.
it still sucks. but that area specifically near the venue is very nice and expensive.

Its also a transportation hub so you can get into Newark from a lot of destinations without having to drive.

I'm in downtown Manhattan, if I walked out my door now I could be in Newark in about 50 minutes total commute by foot and train.
yea, u can get to newark to manhattan in 20 minutes by path. maybe less. i used to work in nyc. didnt care for the commute, but not terrible.

The last time I went to a UFC event there someone got stabbed.

If I go to any chain bar like BWW or Brickhouse for a fight on a Saturday night there is always some guy whose training consists of steroids, a fake tan and everything but leg day trying to pick fights with people. Shit happens. I don't know any actual MMA fans that are violent, and I sure as hell don't know anyone that legit trains and is violent or is carrying weapons.

If I go to any chain bar like BWW or Brickhouse for a fight on a Saturday night there is always some guy whose training consists of steroids, a fake tan and everything but leg day trying to pick fights with people. Shit happens. I don't know any actual MMA fans that are violent, and I sure as hell don't know anyone that legit trains and is violent or is carrying weapons.

that was in newark? i dont think so. unless its a separate event im thinking of.

Dominick Reyes vs Corey Anderson prob ends up on the card.

Newark? There will be blood. And not in the octagon. This has to be the poorest, most dangerous city in the US the UFC has ever held a fight card. lol.

Ufc had a card in Buffalo dude. Poorer and arguably just as dangerous.

That's a nice matchup. Silva is no pushover. Looked great against Gordon last time he fought.
Yup saw that one a couple of days ago, reeeeally looking forward to seeing mini Kelvin fight again. If both Firas Zahabi and Rafael Cordeiro think this kid has what it takes to become lightweight champion, there has to be something very special about him (Beneil Dariush also posted something about Nasrat being the future of Kings MMA etc.) ... Btw, seems like he has Kevin Lee as a sparring partner for his upcoming match:

Attachments

• 3658E09F-B985-481A-9EB6-E952FF1E160E.png
    3658E09F-B985-481A-9EB6-E952FF1E160E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 368F23A7-8E28-4382-BA16-6A2CF13E1326.png
    368F23A7-8E28-4382-BA16-6A2CF13E1326.png
    981.1 KB · Views: 1
  • B4246509-854D-4BA0-825C-E982CEC7E5C8.png
    B4246509-854D-4BA0-825C-E982CEC7E5C8.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back