UFC needs to revolutionize it's web

Zeppeling

ritehand
Banned
Reaction score
Major sports organizations have very optimized websites that keep their fans interested daily, even hourly. UFC's web articles are never new information that other outlets haven't broken. Their video space on the website is awful. NFL has TONS of different videos/shows freely available on their website. Following an athlete's training, following a draft prospect, injury recovery, training camps, top 100, plays of the day, etc. UFC would gain a shitload more hits on their website if they had stuff like "Top 50 UFC fighters" with other fighters giving their analysis and not just Rogan barking. I think if we just take NFL's website as an example there is SOOO much room for UFC to improve on their website.

I mean I have to go to bloodelbow to watch the fucking weigh ins.. What is this garbage?

They have posted three new articles today.

They have 9969 videos up.

Your comments have to be examined by the site staffs before they get posted lmao

Subscribe to UFC's YouTube channel and turn notifications on.

Does anyone else remember when every UFC PPV had its own website complete with theme music and everything? They stopped doing a while back though.

Well, they have Fight Pass, which has a lot of content - but you obviously have to pay for. NFL has so much content from games partly because they're on free to air TV, yes?

Get FightPass, ya goof

white-laugh-e1438824730978.png

It's an ugly and messy website that's for sure.

I tell ya what they need to do.

They need to make a 'Click here to watch the latest Fight Pass event' button, which leads you to a page where you can watch without spoilers.

Whenever I click in to watch the Fight pass, the following day as I'm EU based, I see the backstage interviews on the right handside which tells me who won.

Major sports organizations have very optimized websites that keep their fans interested daily, even hourly. UFC's web articles are never new information that other outlets haven't broken. Their video space on the website is awful. NFL has TONS of different videos/shows freely available on their website. Following an athlete's training, following a draft prospect, injury recovery, training camps, top 100, plays of the day, etc. UFC would gain a shitload more hits on their website if they had stuff like "Top 50 UFC fighters" with other fighters giving their analysis and not just Rogan barking. I think if we just take NFL's website as an example there is SOOO much room for UFC to improve on their website.

I mean I have to go to bloodelbow to watch the fucking weigh ins.. What is this garbage?

The difference between the other sports leagues and the UFC is we are not the primary customers of the other sports leagues. They are popular enough that a majority of their revenue comes from their TV contracts... so they are more than happy to give away free content to drive the viewership up. The UFC makes their money from direct payments from consumers, so if they give away all the content, they have nothing to show for it.

They were hoping to get into the same siutation as the other leagues with their FOX deal, but it hasn't quite worked out that way for them.

They do need an overhaul and the photography for the fighters is sub par.

They need to make a 'Click here to watch the latest Fight Pass event' button, which leads you to a page where you can watch without spoilers.

Whenever I click in to watch the Fight pass, the following day as I'm EU based, I see the backstage interviews on the right handside which tells me who won.

Here's a little trick:
The links for the UFC events always have the same scheme, which should send you straight to the video, without seeing anything else:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/lastname main event fighter 1-vs-last namemain event fighter 2

Examples:
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone
www.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit

Want to watch the prelims? add -prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit-prelims

Want to watch FightPass prelims? add -fight-pass-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal-fight-pass-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone-fight-pass-prelims
wwww.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit-fight-pass-prelims

Here's a little trick:
The links for the UFC events always have the same scheme, which should send you straight to the video, without seeing anything else:

https://www.ufc.tv/video/lastname main event fighter 1-vs-last namemain event fighter 2

Examples:
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone
www.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit

Want to watch the prelims? add -prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit-prelims

Want to watch FightPass prelims? add -fight-pass-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/henderson-vs-masvidal-fight-pass-prelims
www.ufc.tv/video/dosanjos-vs-cerrone-fight-pass-prelims
wwww.ufc.tv/video/lawler-vs-condit-fight-pass-prelims

I appreciate that and while it's a perfect workaround - it's a bit of a pain in the arse and something which is easily fixable.

Message them this. That is a huge oversight.

Some people shared some rather rude and strange responses. Must be shills? I'm just speaking as a hardcore fan who'd love to stay UFC involved daily. UFC's model should not be PPV only or fight pass (both of these are paid/subscription base) and does not tailor to keep fans excited throughout the week. Following a youtube channel for a company's daily updates is total BS, whoever said that is basic. I truly think having a "Top 50 fighters of 201x" show like the NFL does would be great. I'm not asking for free fight content, just build up, behind the season, more UFC based shows that many other premier sports organizations have. My wife and I love watching the weigh ins, it's a way for both of us to get behind a fighter if we have no clue who they are. Why isn't there a live link or replay on their site? Bloodelbow to watch it? That's INSANE!

Back