UFC needs to push Aljamain Sterling

markys00

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously, the BW and FLW division is beginning to lack new star power and entertainment. Sterling is great for both. Where is he? He was supposed to fight on the Sydney card, but had to pull out, not bc of injury, i dont believe.

anyone have any updates?

They really do. Kid has massive potential.

Seriously, the BW and FLW division is beginning to lack new star power and entertainment. Sterling is great for both. Where is he? He was supposed to fight on the Sydney card, but had to pull out, not bc of injury, i dont believe.

anyone have any updates?

He is ready to fight and has been asking for an opponent. He is active on twitter as far as training and getting fights booked.

https://twitter.com/FunkMaster_UFC

Last edited:
They really do. Kid has massive potential.

Exactly, POTENTIAL.

Need to bring Sterling along slowly with the right matchups. Unlike fellow real-deal prospect Pedro Munhoz who was matched with Raphael Assuncao as a short notice replacement in his debut.

Sterling does not need to fight cans, but give him a step up in name recognition. Let him face someone like Manvel Gamburyan, Leandro Issa, Yves Jabouin, Johnny Eduardo.

Exactly, POTENTIAL.

Need to bring Sterling along slowly with the right matchups. Unlike fellow real-deal prospect Pedro Munhoz who was matched with Raphael Assuncao as a short notice replacement in his debut.

The UFC is HORRIBLE with putting non UFC prospects against veteran fighters on shirt notice.

Weidman was a short notice replacement fighter against Sakara for God's sake.

Wtf are they thinking?

can he make Fly?

I think that it would be tough for him to make Fly. He started at 145, and 135 looks to be right for him.

I think that in the past year or so, 135 has added some excellent long-term prospects in the division.

Sterling, Pedro Muhnoz, Chris Holdsworth, Rob Font, Thomas Almeida, Cody Garbrandt. Plus guys like Henry Cejudo and Sergio Pettis whose name can move the needle a bit.

Muhnoz indicated that he expected to compete on the March Rio FN event. He has a well rounded arsenal. He is often overlooked by Thomas Almeida, but I think that Muhnoz has more of the total package as he is very gifted on the ground, where as Almeida is primarily a striker at this point. Both guys have a very high ceiling at BW.

Back