UFC needs to get back to BEST FIGHTER winning

BrainBar

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
A bit of a frustration thread, but the UFC needs to get back to crowning the BEST FIGHTER as their winner; Not the guy who played the sport/strategy game the best. Two guys playing hand slapsies and trading light leg kicks for 15 minutes and going for the points...I'm tired of that.

Im also tired of the rounds. If a guy is getting dominated on the ground, its his job to get up. He shouldn't be saved by the clock. Hell, I don't even support ref stand-ups. Again, its your job to get up, not the refs job to help you up.

BEST FIGHTER would be more accurate if there was only 1 round of 25 minutes, no standups.

No judges. Clock countdowns your purse. A draw does nothing for your rankings.

Run this by the ACs and get back to me.

You should start your own league with those rules TS. With Black Jacks and Hookers.

I hear there's a whole untapped market open for you now that bumfights is dead TS. And they don't just talk smack before fights, they inject it. As real as it gets!

A bit of a frustration thread, but the UFC needs to get back to crowning the BEST FIGHTER as their winner; Not the guy who played the sport/strategy game the best. Two guys playing hand slapsies and trading light leg kicks for 15 minutes and going for the points...I'm tired of that.

Im also tired of the rounds. If a guy is getting dominated on the ground, its his job to get up. He shouldn't be saved by the clock. Hell, I don't even support ref stand-ups. Again, its your job to get up, not the refs job to help you up.

BEST FIGHTER would be more accurate if there was only 1 round of 25 minutes, no standups.

It's a work in progress.

[YT]vqreLg46h9k&hd=1[/YT]

Watch some of the early UFC events with no rounds or time limits and see how much they dragged on sometimes. Then get back to me.

I agree and I say don't even pay them. Then it's not a real fight. Let the REAL fighters come out!

BLEED GODS hear me!!!

You're right TS, 173 was full of fights that-

Er, wait, it wasn't?

Oh. Well shut up then.

I've often wondered if they should implement an overtime rule. If a guy is getting blitzed maybe they should give them 10 extra seconds to try and finish. I think it would be a little difficult to implement though and the sport is fine without it.

Thai rules. Win more rounds but not the match because did less damage overall.

I've often wondered if they should implement an overtime rule. If a guy is getting blitzed maybe they should give them 10 extra seconds to try and finish. I think it would be a little difficult to implement though and the sport is fine without it.

Retarded idea. Not just because it's hard to implement, but why should time be added on to help one guy get the win?

I agree in principal.

Reality is a different matter, but I think:

* The scoring system should align better to the spirit of Vale Tudo (actual fighting), meaning:
- JUDGE a fight overall - don't score each round, rather score the fight as it it was one big round (or just use the round scoring as a GUIDE to judge overall, so a judge still renders a decision)
- Remove all criteria from rewards that isn't based on damage or threat of finishing (or at least make these the clear highest things for reward) - reward for 'control'/position is being exploited
- Fix some of the bogus rules like no upkicks/knees to downed fighters to balance out/create some fairness between top and bottom position

Retarded idea. Not just because it's hard to implement, but why should time be added on to help one guy get the win?

I'd rather the clock work in favor of the guy trying to finish instead of the guy trying to survive.

Back