UFC needs to eliminate these BS ways to earn title fights

Then blame Wandy for bailing on his drug test, and Vitor for stepping up to fight Chael.

Again, this argument doesnt make sense. I can see someone blaming Wandy for not fighting on this card and ruining....well the third most important fight on the card. That is all. Wandy not fighting has nothing to do with someone deciding that Sonnen was eligible for ANOTHER title fight without earning it.

*note to self
You accept an opp on short notice= you suck
You get offered a fight as a replacement= you suck
A company tries to keep a fight rather than cancel it=it sucks

Stopped reading after TS suggested Griffin and Bonnar don't belong in the UFC's HOF. You do realize that not everything about sports boils down to win-loss records and statistics, right? Without Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar there is a good chance the UFC might not even be around today. Not to mention that Forrest in particular had a very good career including being Light Heavyweight Champion and beating some really good fighters.

You can argue that Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight with Vitor, but if he beats Vitor it seems to me that he's proven that he belongs at or near the top of the division.

I think they can be honored in another way other than placing them in the HoF. If you defend Forrest's place in the HoF based on him being a champ, well, then Serra should also be in the HoF. Neither defended it.

LOSS Anderson Silva (title shot)
LOSS Jon Jones (title shot)
WIN Shogun
LOSS Rashad (likely remade into a title eliminator had he won)
Vitor (title eliminator)

Yup UFC is a real serious sport. Best fight the best blah blah blah. Boxing is corrupt blah blah blah. Freak athlete blah blah blah. Corn to the core.

lol

*note to self
You accept an opp on short notice= you suck
You get offered a fight as a replacement= you suck
A company tries to keep a fight rather than cancel it=it sucks

*I think the only note to self you should be making is to improve your reading comprehension.

That is like saying if all the Thunder players died in a plane crash and the Kings are willing to step up, they deserve to be in the Western Conference Finals.
Lol no the two aren't similar

Itd be more like if the spurs decided NOT TO FCKING SHOW UP for the western conference finals. And the trailblazers went against the thunder

*I think the only note to self you should be making is to improve your reading comprehension.

Ok kiddo I'm done with the silly....you win its bs blahblah

Sonnen via ud
3rds of sitting on vitor and slapping him

And if vitor deserved a ts he'd be able to stop it

... He won't

I think they can be honored in another way other than placing them in the HoF. If you defend Forrest's place in the HoF based on him being a champ, well, then Serra should also be in the HoF. Neither defended it.

Forrest's record is significantly better than Serra's and his importance to the company was greater over a longer period of time than Serra's. He was a very popular fighter who beat a number of quality opponents, earned several fight bonuses and won a championship. I don't see the argument against his being in the Hall of Fame.

Define "legit" in this context

How about having a legitimate manner in which you earn a title shot that is based on your actual performance rather than having something that changes depending on what the boss feels or from week to week. That would be a start.

How about having a legitimate manner in which you earn a title shot that is based on your actual performance rather than having something that changes depending on what the boss feels or from week to week. That would be a start.

You still haven't really defined what "legitimate" actually means in this context.

And why is it important for this to be "legitimate"?

Seriously, I always see threads about how MMA is on the decline, and to be honest, a few years back I thought it was by far the best sport around. I never missed an event and was excited about cards and could tell you at least something about most of the roster. However, the way it is currently run is complete bushleague. How are people supposed to take a sport seriously when you have a guy like Sonnen being offered a chance to win a title fight when he has gone 1-3 in his last four fights (and being stopped in all the losses)?

What does this tell other fighters? Shit like this leads to people like Forrest and Bonnar being in the Hall of Fame. Listen, I am not saying the UFC shouldnt honor them, but you have to make something like the HoF sacred. You can have some other BS like a fucking wall or a ring of honor or some other BS name for a place that you put people like those two on.

Anyway, end of rant.

Include the BS cuts of top ten fighters Yushin Okami and Jake Shields.

Seriously, I always see threads about how MMA is on the decline, and to be honest, a few years back I thought it was by far the best sport around. I never missed an event and was excited about cards and could tell you at least something about most of the roster. However, the way it is currently run is complete bushleague. How are people supposed to take a sport seriously when you have a guy like Sonnen being offered a chance to win a title fight when he has gone 1-3 in his last four fights (and being stopped in all the losses)?

What does this tell other fighters? Shit like this leads to people like Forrest and Bonnar being in the Hall of Fame. Listen, I am not saying the UFC shouldnt honor them, but you have to make something like the HoF sacred. You can have some other BS like a fucking wall or a ring of honor or some other BS name for a place that you put people like those two on.

Anyway, end of rant.

It's all about $ and draw power dude.

Sad but true.

You still haven't really defined what "legitimate" actually means in this context.

And why is it important for this to be "legitimate"?

Ok I am not sure what you are looking for but here goes:

Legitimate means to conform to rules. Therefore, it would be helpful if there were specific outlines on how one earns a title shot that is not solely dependent on who steps in on short notice, etc. This would be a set a of rules, and then they would have to follow said rules

as long as ppl post this and make threads like this:

dana white can say whatever he likes about who gets title shot, blah blah.. i just cant believe that people still listen to it. hes like 30/70 truth/lies at this point.

This is similar to Hendo potentially getting a title shot when he fought Cormier. It's easy to offer a guy a chance at a title shot who normally wouldn't get that opportunity if you have a strong feeling that there is little chance that he actually will win the fight. And if he somehow pulls off the victory then he beat the clear #1 next guy in line for the title so even then it's not the worst thing in the world.

Stop it

If he beats Vitor, he takes his spot. If you say he doesn't deserve a #1 contender fight, well, if this is true, Vitor is going to beat him, if he beats Vitor it's because he deserved.

Seriously, I always see threads about how MMA is on the decline, and to be honest, a few years back I thought it was by far the best sport around.

are you suggesting that a few years ago (back before it was in decline and you thought it was the best thing since sliced bread) there were no BS ways to earn title fights? no BS title fights?

if not, the internal logic or your argument is non-existent.

if so, do you need some examples?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back