UFC needs to eliminate these BS ways to earn title fights

exactly, he is willing to fight Vitor to save a card. both guys stepping up. Chael knows how to put himself in good positions to get rewarded by the UFC, he steps up when they need him, every time.

yep... its the circumstance that is giving him the title shot...he went from fighting wand to the person that was supposed to be fighting for the belt....in all honestly this is just geared for vitor to make for better marketing for his title shot...war Vitor!!

LOSS Anderson Silva (title shot)
LOSS Jon Jones (title shot)
WIN Shogun
LOSS Rashad (likely remade into a title eliminator had he won)
Vitor (title eliminator)

Yup UFC is a real serious sport. Best fight the best blah blah blah. Boxing is corrupt blah blah blah. Freak athlete blah blah blah. Corn to the core.

MW doesn't have any standout top contenders. Belfort needed another fight to get back in there and a bout with Sonnen, another fighter who got title shots at 185 AND 205, will do the trick.

Jacare didn't blow Carmont out of the water and will probably have to fight Rockhold for the next shot, and Tim Kennedy can fight Romero.

Yea...

Vitor earns a MW title shot by beating Hendo at LHW?

And now Chael can earn a title shot at MW by beating Vitor at LHW?

Maybe Lombard can earn a title shot at LHW by beating DHK at WW next?

Vitor had already earned his shot before the Hendo fight.

Damn they seriously want Chael to have a title :icon_lol:

People complain about Faber getting title shots but he beats all other top contenders decisively; Chael's last fight was a loss where he wasn't in any way competitive and he quit in the first round.

He was 27 seconds away from beating JJ the first time. Everyone was clamoring for a rematch after he was 1:50 away from beating AS.

The UFC is a company, they need to make money. Chael is one of the most talked-about guys out there (love him or hate him), and he will help sell PPV's, wether you like it or not.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree, that's not my point. I'm just saying UFC places making money above having a fair, transparent ranking system.

I thought the UFC rankings was made to determine who is next to fight for the title.

Not that beating Belfort wouldn't be huge, but hasn't DC done way more in more than one division, and still hasn't officially earned a shot? Chael is the new Randy, except he loses more.

He was 27 seconds away from beating JJ the first time. Everyone was clamoring for a rematch after he was 1:50 away from beating AS.

you mean because Jones freakishly hurt his toe while beating the hell out of Chael? First of all if he had "won" that way it wouldn't mean anything about him, and second Jones would have kept fighting and most likely kept beating the hell of Chael. It would take more than a broken toe to allow Chael to beat Jones.

UFC isn't a sports league so you need to get over the idea of a legit infallible hierarchy

UFC isn't a sports league so you need to get over the idea of a legit infallible hierarchy

Why does it have to be a sports league for it to be legit?

As for Chael "stepping up", yeah he got rewarded for that already. Here he was scheduled to fight. He isnt stepping up for shit. Plus, just because someone is willing to fight doesnt mean he has to fight for the belt! Great that he steps up, give him more money!

chael-sonnen-with-title.png

So sonnen is a sh1t for agreeing to fight the number1 mw after WANDY withdrew?
Belforts a sh1t for stepping in on short notice to fight a guy who 2monthes ago was ranked in the top10 at mw AND lhw???
The ufc is sh1t for SAVING a fight instead of just canceling it altogether??

Am I following you right??

Then blame Wandy for bailing on his drug test, and Vitor for stepping up to fight Chael.

If that is true then Vitor will smash him and you have nothing to worry about.

That is like saying if all the Thunder players died in a plane crash and the Kings are willing to step up, they deserve to be in the Western Conference Finals.

It doesn't matter if Chael can beat Vitor. In a fight, anything can happen. He just doesn't deserve to be there in the first place.

So sonnen is a sh1t for agreeing to fight the number1 mw after WANDY withdrew?
Belforts a sh1t for stepping in on short notice to fight a guy who 2monthes ago was ranked in the top10 at mw AND lhw???
The ufc is sh1t for SAVING a fight instead of just canceling it altogether??

Am I following you right??

I never said anything about anyone being shit. All I said was that he was not deserving of anything resembling a title shot.

Stopped reading after TS suggested Griffin and Bonnar don't belong in the UFC's HOF. You do realize that not everything about sports boils down to win-loss records and statistics, right? Without Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar there is a good chance the UFC might not even be around today. Not to mention that Forrest in particular had a very good career including being Light Heavyweight Champion and beating some really good fighters.

You can argue that Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight with Vitor, but if he beats Vitor it seems to me that he's proven that he belongs at or near the top of the division.

Back