UFC need to create specific guidelines and rules to stipulate a warranted referee stoppage.

We don't need a new rule because a strike landed at the bell and suddenly people think that makes it a ko. Tons of fights have had someone dropped or rocked at the bell and weren't stopped. You guys are literally askinf for more early stoppages to protect your guys from losing. It's ridiculous.

Your missing the fucking point those 2 rabbit punches to a defencless mans head weren't required and on top of that. This fight wasn't stopped because of knock out TKO. The round ended, shirk initially survived. Referee stoppage inbetween rounds shirk unable to continue. And they weren't words from his mouth either. So fuck off with your GIFs. If you watched the real fight with audio you would here the buzzer almost to the second BJ knee landed so technically those 2 shitty little punches to a barely concious man were technically late and illegal!
So you are just a moron who posted something stupid and won't own up to it. BJ followed the knee up with punches, and Sherk went from almost out to out. Silva did not, and Bisping stayed at almost out, and was able to continue.

What do you think happens if BJ lands the one knee and runs off? Fight would have gone on.

Thanks for proving my point fool.

I would be interested to find out some more details regarding stoppages that happen when the end of round is called.

I very rarely have issues with stoppages, however I more often have issues with lack of stoppages. Carwin Lesnar Weidman Rockhold come to mind.
People that still bitch about Carwin failing against lesner confuse me. I know you didn't like lesner, but you've had years to realize how dumb thinking that fight should have been stopped was, and you seem to have willfully chosen not to grow up and do so. Insanity.

I
We don't need a new rule because a strike landed at the bell and suddenly people think that makes it a ko. Tons of fights have had someone dropped or rocked at the bell and weren't stopped. You guys are literally askinf for more early stoppages to protect your guys from losing. It's ridiculous.
never mentioned changing any rules. Just more specific definitions of when a fight may or may not be stopped because we are obviously getting mixed results from fight to fight country to country. I'm speaking about the UFC as a global organisation. Has nothing to do with silva if you ask me he should have retired after breaking leg.

whenever anderson lands a strike lets just end it so TS is happy.

It certainly seems like way too much has been made of the whole situation on both sides. Some Silva die hards are apparently talking like it should have been stopped right there, while Silva detractors(I'm not going to say Bisping fans because lets face it, if he was fighting anyone else on sunday they wouldn't be giving half a shit if he got belted to the face 4 times without a mouthpiece considering all the flak he caught on this board prior to the announcement of this fight) want to paint the knee as dirty, cheap, and a dick move, etc etc etc.

Both sides need to let it go. It was a fun fight, let's just focus on the fight itself.

I

never mentioned changing any rules. Just more specific definitions of when a fight may or may not be stopped because we are obviously getting mixed results from fight to fight country to country. I'm speaking about the UFC as a global organisation. Has nothing to do with silva if you ask me he should have retired after breaking leg.

Because every fight is different. No two situations are exactly the same. And the ref has the best look out of everyone. Not only does he see it as it happens, he can hear things like impact, maybe a low groan, etc etc etc. He can see the look in someone's eyes after they've just eaten a huge shot.

Personally I didn't have a problem with not stopping the fight between Bisping and Anderson. Obviously Bisping was capable of continuing, he went on to fight another 10 minutes

This sport doesn't need anymore rules, guidelines etc. It was a rare occurrence, not a trend.

Yeah I know what it's called and MMA is notoriously known for addapting to styles and different times and allowing creativity to fighters. That's what makes it so exciting. So I understand some fights are close and hard to choose a clear winner but I'm focussing on fights wear the winner walks away looking like he's been through a meat grinder and loser is clean as a whistle. Now I know it's Mma and there is a points scoring system. But it's still a fight. And if generally beating the shit out of your opponent can't get you a win then something is wrong.

Beating the shit out of someone is enough, but only if they don't beat the shit out of you worse.

Damage is not measured by cuts.
EXACTLY RIGHT! Now look at this GIF and tell me what BJ did and what Silva did not do.
tumblr_n0tvw8uRul1sdqajoo2_400.gif

Bisping put a hand up to block follow up shots as well

People that still bitch about Carwin failing against lesner confuse me. I know you didn't like lesner, but you've had years to realize how dumb thinking that fight should have been stopped was, and you seem to have willfully chosen not to grow up and do so. Insanity.

My issue wss the reff saying he was going to stop the fight 3 times then not stopping it.

And was i really bitching about it or did i just mention it as an example of a fight many thought would have been stopped if the champ wasn't the one getting whaled on.

Specific guidelines would be stupid.

Refs would run down a checklist of specific things to look for. A guy could be on the verge of death and some autistic ref wouldn't stop the fight because bleeding from 6" gash on your jugular didn't make the checklist.

It sucks that refs make mistakes but they need to have room for human judgement.

The UFC can change the rule to what ever they want it's there organisation.
The commission would of course have to approve the changes.
With all due respect, do you have any idea just how stupid that sounds?

Back