UFC need the yellow card or something to stop this.

Do you even know what you're watching? Okami passed guard and advanced positions all the time. When he went down in bottom position he immediately worked flawlessly to get to top position. He even had Belcher mount him!
And he did nothing with his top position. For the entire fight. How can you not see that?

And he did nothing with his top position. For the entire fight. How can you not see that?

What the fuck is wrong with the reading comprehension amongst the retards in this thread? Where the fuck did I say anything else then that his top control is amazing?

You're not legit.

And neither are they.

Do you even know what you're watching? Okami passed guard and advanced positions all the time. When he went down in bottom position he immediately worked flawlessly to get to top position. He even had Belcher mount him!

You don't know what a great fighter is.

I know more than you ever will. Oh my, he passed Belchers guard wow! and got mount! 4 points for Okami!
Oh wait, isn't fighting in the name of the org?

Even though I don't think this fight really needed one, I wish they would use the cards.

I know more than you ever will. Oh my, he passed Belchers guard wow! and got mount! 4 points for Okami!
Oh wait, isn't fighting in the name of the org?

That sentence right there just proved that you probably don't know a whole lot :p
Next time you are having a MMA debate: Getting mount is actually a pretty big deal.

What the fuck is wrong with the reading comprehension amongst the retards in this thread? Where the fuck did I say anything else then that his top control is amazing?
:rolleyes:

No one is even disputing that. The fact is "amazing top control" alone doesn't make an exciting fight. A yellow card system would push the action.

Is that simple enough for you to follow or does it need to be dumbed down further?

:rolleyes:

No one is even disputing that. The fact is "amazing top control" alone doesn't make an exciting fight. A yellow card system would push the action.
I didn't fucking say it was an exciting fight either.

Yellow card wouldn't solve anything. Neither does unnecessary referee stand ups.

These things need to be solved by THE FIGHTERS in the FIGHT. And they constantly are, several fighters have stifled Okami's top game before. None of the champs have major problems beating these types of fighters, it's a skill you need to acquire to be great. Not having the ref hold your hand and solve it for you.

THAT is not fighting, if anything.

Is that simple enough for you to follow or does it need to be dumbed down further?
Nice try.

Just because a fighter isn't going for submissions or landing tons of shots doesn't mean he's stalling. Okami always tried to advance position, he never just laid on top of his opponent.

The yellow card system is bullshit. Not every fighter is a fast paced finisher, some of them are slower, more methodical fighters.

What bothers me is that people would rather bring up yellow cards instead of how shitty the referee's stand ups were. What we need is referees who understand grappling.

I didn't fucking say it was an exciting fight either.

Yellow card wouldn't solve anything. Neither does unnecessary referee stand ups.

These things need to be solved by THE FIGHTERS in the FIGHT. And they constantly are, several fighters have stifled Okami's top game before. None of the champs have major problems beating these types of fighters, it's a skill you need to acquire to be great. Not having the ref hold your hand and solve it for you.

THAT is not fighting, if anything.
Oh please. The UFC ruleset is exactly what encourages people like Okami to fight the way they do.

The fence, the lack of kick/knees to "downed" opponents, and the heavy weighting given to takedowns and positioning in the 10 point must system all favor wrestlers. And one could just as easily argue holding position while doing no damage isn't fighting either.

A yellow card system would at least force people to make use of their position instead of just stalling and coasting to a decision.

No one wants to watch a guy be held onto for 15 minutes, let alone pay for it.

Yes, my internal system made me fall asleep before Okami and Leben fights. Looks like I haven't miss anything. Then I woke up for Miller-Lauzon.

Quit whining.

Elite level grappling is elite level grappling.

Just because a fighter isn't going for submissions or landing tons of shots doesn't mean he's stalling. Okami always tried to advance position, he never just laid on top of his opponent.

The yellow card system is bullshit. Not every fighter is a fast paced finisher, some of them are slower, more methodical fighters.

What bothers me is that people would rather bring up yellow cards instead of how shitty the referee's stand ups were. What we need is referees who understand grappling.

The ref felt bad for Belcher so he stood them up.

Yellow cards are archaic bullshit that has no place in modern prize fighting. They didn't even actually help. Most fights people cite for their effectiveness actually stayed the same and picked up later when opportunities arose. It made it clear that it wasn't the card that motivated or changed anything. Besides, most of the referees are horrible and, like the Pride refs, would be constantly using them wrong. I don't know how many times a fighter or even both were carded undeservedly. Yeah, let's allow fighters to lose cash on the whims of bad refs.

Oh please. The UFC ruleset is exactly what encourages people like Okami to fight the way they do.

The fence, the lack of kick/knees to "downed" opponents, and the heavy weighting given to takedowns and positioning in the 10 point must system all favor wrestlers. And one could just as easily argue holding position while doing no damage isn't fighting either.

A yellow card system would at least force people to make use of their position instead of just stalling and coasting to a decision.

No one wants to watch a guy be held onto for 15 minutes, let alone pay for it.

It's cute you think you know about mma. The UFC has absolutely nothing to do with the lack of knees and kicks. The 10 point must system has absolutely nothing to do with the weight given to takedowns and positioning. Absolutely nothing. 10 point must is not the same as the criteria. The UFC has nothing do with the criteria. The criteria is actually worded properly and isn't the reason a judge might give too much weight to positioning and takedowns.

I understand this is MMA. But this isn't take someone down and hold them there. For fuck's sake guys come on! one dimensional wrestlers are going to be the death of this sport.

I think shoot fighting is more your speed.

Back