UFC name change, mat change, music etc etc

original doom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC needs to change, and for the greater good. Ive done a change the matt colour topic before just so you know.

Renaming the UFC

First off the bat is the name "UFC" I find it cringe worthy and bush league. Say it to yourself Ultimate Fighting Championship. How lame is that. Just like the name "tapout". Ok tapout isnt a bad name perse but I would not launch a casual clothing range with that moniker expecting it too last. If WSOF goes under the "UFC" should (they likely wont) take the name and rebrand the UFC or they could choose another name, UFC has got to go from here on in. "Ultimate Fighting" >adios

Matt colour scheme

Its apparent to everyone that my topic influenced the UFC to change up their colour scheme. But they went with Yellow mmm not to sure, try a few others. Particularly darker colours. I did suggest perhaps having the mat as a nations flag. Some sherdoggers thought it could cause offense having the just bleed god spurt all over it..

I disagree.

Music

Has the music changed at all over the years, same intro same guitar rifff. This is an obvious one.

The Reebok Brand

Same thing again. No one is going to buy those shirts or any Reebok gear because of the UFC. Shite house marketing.

Mixed Martial Arts in General

MMA has the ability to swaggerjack everything from Muay Thai, Boxing, Kickboxing, Judo, Karate, Sambo etc etc and they do but do they advertise it. I dont follow alot of MMA outside of the fighting so do they ever play up certain expects of certain fighters original beginnings ?

They can sell Stephan Thompson the Karate guy. They could even sell the Black Beast as the Boxing brute.

On another thread today another poster mentioned how they thought aspects of the UFC are becoming stale. So why havent the head honchos restructured, get rid of that 90s feel and start looking at tings that could be tweaked. I mean having every fighter wearing the exact same uniform was a ridiculous decision.

Last edited:
ABtwP3k.gif

Changing the name would be stupid--no offence.

Nix the flags idea... You may not be patriotic about wherever you're from but many are... And having people walk on your countries flag is offensive... and a criminal act in alot of countries(as it should be)...

Nix all your ideas, actually... If you want to start a league to compete with UFC, I will watch lol.

We can only hope there will be a Dana White change later on.

Someone quick... COPY PASTE AND TWEET THIS TO DANA!!!!

-I don't have twitter, so I can't... but to watch him react to this shit would be priceless...

I agree with the Ultimate part. Keep it UFC and rename it Universal Fighting Championships.

I agree the name fucking sucks. Saying UFC isn't bad but really having the word Ultimate is pretty lame.

International or something like that seems more professional

NUMBER 1- where are all the boobies?....I'm tired of seeing the "octagon girls" in bikinis, I want some nudity. Now we don't have to go full frontal perse(there's a need to maintain a family friendly environment)but tits are a must.so I'm assuming a deal with cinema or HBO including a possible hotel erotica or g-string divas crossover match is the best way to go. mjSu1iO_zpsqumhr9yn (1).gif

Im all for having the fighter "characterized" like in pride where hendo was portrayed as some kinda all American frontier man, minowaman the giant killer, rampage the wild dog. Gave it a video game feel.

Replace the word "Ultimate" with "World".

Keep the mat light grey.

Never even noticed their music.

Reebok deal is terrible for the fighters, but I think it was a good move for the company. It looks a lot more professional than guys wearing condomdepot.com etc all over their in-ring apparel.

They have almost taken an "NFL" approach to marketing their talent, ie they don't, except for a very select few. They could be far more creative and "swaggerjack" a lot more than they do, but they haven't taken that risk.

Back