UFC MW Legend - Michael Bisping (New Promo Video)

"Fuck you" - Bisbing

followed by

"Love you Man!" - Anderson

Bisbing got trolled.

Bisping made mma and the UFC explode in the UK and has the 3rd most wins in the organisations history. Sounds like a UFC legend to me.

I guess Dan Hardy is a legend too.

He was the 2nd most popular UK fighter and actually fought for the title once.

Bisping made mma and the UFC explode in the UK and has the 3rd most wins in the organisations history. Sounds like a UFC legend to me.
Is Tibau a legend as well then? The obvious answer is no, all wins are not created equal. Quality>quantity. I'm not a Bisping fan, but let's be objective, he's a guy that's never had a legitimately "big" win in his entire career. He's never fought for a title. He's never been considered top tier. And that's despite spending most of his UFC career in a weak division, with the full support of the UFC brass.

As for his importance to the British market, it's just that, his importance to the British market. He's a legend of the British MMA scene no doubt, but that doesn't make him an outright legend in the sport of MMA. He was well-known during his time as a fighter, but so was Kimbo Slice.

bisbing is a legend for being part of one of the best KO's in history.

I guess Dan Hardy is a legend too.

He was the 2nd most popular UK fighter and actually fought for the title once.

Is Tibau a legend as well then? The obvious answer is no, all wins are not created equal. Quality>quantity. I'm not a Bisping fan, but let's be objective, he's a guy that's never had a legitimately "big" win in his entire career. He's never fought for a title. He's never been considered top tier. And that's despite spending most of his UFC career in a weak division, with the full support of the UFC brass.

As for his importance to the British market, it's just that, his importance to the British market. He's a legend of the British MMA scene no doubt, but that doesn't make him an outright legend in the sport of MMA. He was well-known during his time as a fighter, but so was Kimbo Slice.

I agree with both of you. Just stating that the term legend is very vague and Bisping has done a fee things in the UFC that make him a UFC legend under some peoples' definition.

Back