UFC MUST sign Fedor!!

They signed Overeem to a massive deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus. I don't see why Fedor couldn't be given something similar.

I would offer him 1 million a year, 3 fight deal, PPV points and an individual Reebok deal. I think that's more than fair.

UFC would make that money back very easily. If anything, they can really push Fight Pass and PRIDE footage by having Fedor under their roster. It also brings a lot of credibility ot the orginization.

A few "Fedor is coming" video packages and you're going to get mainstream fans intrigued. He's not going to be doing 1 million PPV buys but at least 500+ with the right hype and if he looks good, it'll only get better.

To this date, Fedor's ratings in Strikerforce are record breaking and have outdrawn nearly every UFC on Fox and Fight Night show.

This isn't true.

And no, bringing out a highlight reel and saying "this is how good he USED to be!" isn't going to work. I hope they don't do a "Fedor is coming" because that's corny as fuck, even for UFC's standards.

Fedor hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter in 6 years and people think he's going to draw a 500k - 1 million ppv? You people are high.

Huge Fedor fan here, but as stated above, he is not a big PPV draw in North America. Never has been. Figures don't lie. His fight with Rogers drew big ratings, but every PPV he's been in has fallen flat. The UFC could build him up if he did something impressive his first fight back and try to cash in quickly, but paying him huge paydays out of the fence wouldn't be smart of them.

He's headlined PPVs that haven't even gotten close to 100,000 buys.

Umm...700,000 people watched the Werdum fight, Dana. With UFC's marketing department he could double that in PPV buys, but Dana won't admit he was wrong about Fedor and Fedor is a proud man who won't work for Dana so it's not going to happen.

Umm...700,000 people watched the Werdum fight, Dana. With UFC's marketing department he could double that in PPV buys, but Dana won't admit he was wrong about Fedor and Fedor is a proud man who won't work for Dana so it's not going to happen.

Fedor said he wanted to fight the strongest fighters. I'm pretty sure he didnt mean Pudz. So if Fedor goes and fights in Bellator or Wsof it means he wasnt serious about fighting legit competition again and is again happy with fights outside the top 30

Hey Sherpony can you explain to me what this question means?

"Will he make the UFC money if they signed him to a 1 year or 3 fight $5M contract?"

Considering it's written in English, I didn't think a translation was needed. 1 year contract and make him fight 3 times in 12 months or just a 3 fight contract which ever comes first for $5,000,000. He's no spring chicken and needs to fight fast so he can build his star power here in the states.

Fedor said he wanted to fight the strongest fighters. I'm pretty sure he didnt mean Pudz. So if Fedor goes and fights in Bellator or Wsof it means he wasnt serious about fighting legit competition again and is again happy with fights outside the top 30

He can fight the best in Bellator, get paid more money, co-promote with M-1, and get the respect he deserves from Coker and not the bullshit racism he'd get from Dana. I don't see why this would be a hard decision.

Actually if Fedor wants to fight the best/strongest he needs to sign with the UFC. Fedor has a secure legacy as at least HW Goat....unless Werdum can get a few more wins, would be best if JDS and Reem earn title shots and he beats them.

Bellator gets bigger ratings than 700k with Tito. How is Bellator doing in the PPV market again?

They signed Overeem to a massive deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus. I don't see why Fedor couldn't be given something similar.

I would offer him 1 million a year, 3 fight deal, PPV points and an individual Reebok deal. I think that's more than fair.

UFC would make that money back very easily. If anything, they can really push Fight Pass and PRIDE footage by having Fedor under their roster. It also brings a lot of credibility ot the orginization.

A few "Fedor is coming" video packages and you're going to get mainstream fans intrigued. He's not going to be doing 1 million PPV buys but at least 500+ with the right hype and if he looks good, it'll only get better.

To this date, Fedor's ratings in Strikerforce are record breaking and have outdrawn nearly every UFC on Fox and Fight Night show.

You forget that the last time they tried to sign Fedor, his management wanted to co-produce the events without taking any risks. So it's not just about money.

I dont know if this was mentioned ITT, but would you think Fedor would do all the marketing and traveling around the world for press conferences for 6 months leading up to the fight? He'd probably get special treatment IF the ufc allows it. Dont know if they would.

Also, is Fedor still attached to those barnacles at M1 Global?

Back