UFC must press for CIR testing of Jones' drug test sample (Lorenzo offered to pay)

As a Jones fan I think they should conduct a CIR test, it just makes sense to clear this up for everyone, the UFC, the AC and the fans. I just wish some of other people who want this could at least try to hide their hate for Jones and not come across so biased. We all want a clean sport

THANK YOU ts for this thread, i've been harping this point non stop. Fuck, i'll pay the $500.

As others have stated The UFC does not want this, the fall out would be to great.

THANK YOU ts for this thread, i've been harping this point non stop. Fuck, i'll pay the $500.

As others have stated The UFC does not want this, the fall out would be to great.

we have to kill HelloJapan before he ruins the best run in MMA history!!! I have $500 on HelloJapan's head! Who's in with me???

As a Jones fan I think they should conduct a CIR test, it just makes sense to clear this up for everyone, the UFC, the AC and the fans. I just wish some of other people who want this could at least try to hide their hate for Jones and not come across so biased. We all want a clean sport

Bravo.

we have to kill HelloJapan before he ruins the best run in MMA history!!! I have $500 on HelloJapan's head! Who's in with me???

Let me pay bro!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/8...on-head-jon-jones-testosterone-clean-prior-to

And according to Bennett, they did. He told MMAFighting.com on Thursday that the CIR test was conducted on all three Jones urine samples, and there was no presence of synthetic testosterone.

"His urine samples were tested, and according to our doctor he doesn't have a concern with the results of the urinalysis test at this time," Bennett said.

In fact, Bennett said the CIR test will also be conducted on the urine samples Jones provided on UFC 182 fight day, last Saturday night. Bennett expects the in-competition drug test results to arrive within the coming days.

Take it for what it's worth though given the NSAC boondoggling everything else.

I'm banking on "mishandled" or "rendered effectively useless" or "improperly stored".

No way the best fighter ever to live, potentially, should take a personal fall over a dirty industry and dirty commission.

Let him break his records and achieve more than all the other cheaters did first. Keep it fair to begin with.

After that, condemn them all if you want, but don't single out the best ever like it's his fault! Pick a scapegoat who's not potentially the best ever.... I have records to see get broken, etc.

Dem ethics...

Penalizing a guy here and there is NOOOOOOT going to produce for us a clean sport.

All of sports history shows this.

If we want a clean sport, we either legalize PEDs or else hold the ACs very, very accountable for making sure EVERYONE is tested fairly and regularly and randomly. Penalizing Jones gets us not one step closer to a clean sport.

A clean sport is like heaven. We all want it but very few of us REALLY believe in it, and those who do are too lazy and compromised to achieve it.

Let Jon finish his amazing record-breaking run and THEN clean up the SPORT (not any one particular athlete).

Many people who may not even be interested in MMA would be interested in learning more about this very anomalous case from a scientific perspective (ie. endocrinologists, analytical chemists, etc.)

Not going that simple step of ordering a carbon isotope ratio test on already collected samples would be analogous to finding some evidence there might be bacterial life on Mars but deciding not to test conclusively with attempting to grow on agar plates.

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a fan of Mixed Martial Arts, I am concerned by reports that Jon Jones' drug tests related to his bout at UFC 182 last weekend showed abnormal testosterone to epitestosterone ratios.

Jones' T/E ratio was .19/1. The average ratio is 1/1. Jones' T/E ratio is extremely unlikely to exist in nature but does appear when a subject has introduced exogenous hormones into his/her system,. In such a circumstance, WADA protocols mandate additional Carbon Isotope Testing (CIR) testing to detect the presence of synthetic hormones.

Most concerning, Jon Jones' epitestosterone levels (27 ng/mL) were more than five times greater than his testosterone levels (4.9 ng/mL). There is no known natural explanation for this gigantic divergence in Jones' T/E ratio.

Based on all of the above, I would respectfully urge that additional CIR testing be utilized to shine light on an otherwise unclear situation.

Perhaps more worryingly, MMA media is currently reporting that in the weeks prior to the bout, an official visited Jones at his training camp in New Mexico to perform a drug test. According to the report, Jones hid under the ring/cage in the gym to avoid being seen and tested by the official. This is an extremely serious allegation. Just last summer, the NSAC imposed a lifetime ban on Wanderlei Silva for fleeing a drug test.

I hope that the above information is useful to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Many thanks for your service.

Email to [email protected] or Commissioner Aguila at [email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a fan of Mixed Martial Arts, I am concerned by reports that Jon Jones' drug tests related to his bout at UFC 182 last weekend showed abnormal testosterone to epitestosterone ratios.

Jones' T/E ratio was .19/1. The average ratio is 1/1. Jones' T/E ratio is extremely unlikely to exist in nature but does appear when a subject has introduced exogenous hormones into his/her system,. In such a circumstance, WADA protocols mandate additional Carbon Isotope Testing (CIR) testing to detect the presence of synthetic hormones.

Most concerning, Jon Jones' epitestosterone levels (27 ng/mL) were more than five times greater than his testosterone levels (4.9 ng/mL). There is no known natural explanation for this gigantic divergence in Jones' T/E ratio.

Based on all of the above, I would respectfully urge that additional CIR testing be utilized to shine light on an otherwise unclear situation.

Perhaps more worryingly, MMA media is currently reporting that in the weeks prior to the bout, an official visited Jones at his training camp in New Mexico to perform a drug test. According to the report, Jones hid under the ring/cage in the gym to avoid being seen and tested by the official. This is an extremely serious allegation. Just last summer, the NSAC imposed a lifetime ban on Wanderlei Silva for fleeing a drug test.

I hope that the above information is useful to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Many thanks for your service.

Email to [email protected] or Commissioner Aguila at [email protected]

We have to kill Dionysiac too??

How many of you cockblockers are out there??

The man has records to break and fans that want to see him do it. It's not at all exciting to see him disgraced and out of competition. We want to see him in combat, no???

Nobody wants a 100% clean sport, not even the fans. We would end up with 50% of the roster. UFC and every major promotion would go bankrupt.

Nobody wants a 100% clean sport, not even the fans. We would end up with 50% of the roster. UFC and every major promotion would go bankrupt.

And the 50% would always be injured, causing fights to be cancelled, and they'd take longer to heal, and when they finally did heal, they'd fight like crap, gas quickly, and generally look like a bunch of humans. Who wants to watch that?

let them roid!

Back