UFC must do something different and make fighters earn more

Lomachenko made a lot of money without trashtalk, wwe fake shit and he is a midget.

thats impressive.

The fighters need to protest in front of the UFC performance institute with picket signs demanding to get paid more.

As great as MMA in the UFC is....

The UFC needs to gets exposed for the corrupt scumbags that they are.

Something like the below would be better

Theres not as much money in MMA as you want there to be. The owners of the UFC cannot and will not operate at a loss. Or anything close to it. They're investors. Not a charity. So where do you want all this extra money to come from?
This

I’m shocked they’re getting the money they currently get which is good (as a whole company including fighters individual salaries). It must be from the Fox and ESPN type big deals? Or Reebok......

I agree. I don't know how much they get at Bare Knuckle, but it doesn't look great for the sport. I mean, right now, you have the highest paid MMA fighter of all time at the same gym as a bare knuckle fighter.......The very same fighter that, love him or hate him, was a part of Conor McGregor's rise to stardom. Maybe in no way responsible .... But without a doubt one of "his guys"..

No one can tell me that
Leben
Baroni
Hendricks
Lobov

All want to be getting hit with bare fists in small arenas at the tail end of their careers

Lobov loves it. So if he can't tell you, maybe it's not about what is being said but who is or isn't listening.

I have an idea:

What if the UFC gives more money to the fighters?

I dunno, just a thought.
They seem to be doing what they can to pay them less though which is pretty dumb and is why so many fighters have been signing elsewhere when their contracts expire. They aren't willing to pay anybody they don't consider a draw and with the Reebok deal fighters are making much less than when they had their own sponsors.

Lobov loves it. So if he can't tell you, maybe it's not about what is being said but who is or isn't listening.

We're making assumptions on both I think. I stand by what I said tho... It's madness that someone who's name was associated with the biggest MMA fight of all time and was the apparent cause of the a card's demise and has been name checked and called out by Conor and Conor's enemies alike... is fighting on BKF cards.

I'll concede that it's possible he just wants a good tear up ... But I don't think the likes of Leben/Baroni./Hendricks fighting there are the same. Guys at the top of their sport get more... I can't see any justification for than not being the case.

I agree. I don't know how much they get at Bare Knuckle, but it doesn't look great for the sport. I mean, right now, you have the highest paid MMA fighter of all time at the same gym as a bare knuckle fighter.......The very same fighter that, love him or hate him, was a part of Conor McGregor's rise to stardom. Maybe in no way responsible .... But without a doubt one of "his guys"..

No one can tell me that
Leben
Baroni
Hendricks
Lobov

All want to be getting hit with bare fists in small arenas at the tail end of their careers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_finances_of_professional_American_athletes

1. throwing money at the problem will never solve it.
2. not everyone should be able to retire from mma(baroni, lobov)
3. there are plenty of people who are set for life because of the UFC

Participating in/retiring from professional sports is a privilege that is usually reserved for the top tier guys who have fairly long and winning careers. I guess in your perfect world Hendricks fights 21 times in the UFC and retires @ 35? I mean Leben and Hendricks made good money bro.

Hendricks made $460,000 in 2017 and he took two L's.

http://thesportsdaily.com/2017/11/05/johny-hendricks-career-earnings-fox11/

I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting the UFC to do but whatever it is it isn't realistic.

Only thing UFC can do is get rid of Reebok. The rest is up to the fighters and you cheap fucks.

I think they should spread bonuses around better. The undercarders should not get screwed over just because the main eventers are more popular and their fights get extra hype.

Khalil deserved a bonus more than Izzy & Gastellum imo

They should have minimum purse floors.

The minimum a main card PPV/ESPN card fighter should get is 100/100K.

Televised prelim fighter should get is 50/50K.

Fightpass/ESPN+ 25/25K.

They should be allowed to have 2 patches for additional sponsors. Allow the pre-approved sponsors to bid on the patches per each fighter for each event. Monster, Budweiser, Toyo, MetroPCS, Harley, (insert movie), ect.

We're making assumptions on both I think. I stand by what I said tho... It's madness that someone who's name was associated with the biggest MMA fight of all time and was the apparent cause of the a card's demise and has been name checked and called out by Conor and Conor's enemies alike... is fighting on BKF cards.

I'll concede that it's possible he just wants a good tear up ... But I don't think the likes of Leben/Baroni./Hendricks fighting there are the same. Guys at the top of their sport get more... I can't see any justification for than not being the case.

I'm not making assumptions. Dude said so and seemed really genuine and gave great arguments for why he loves it.

I don't know what the other guys opinions are, but I have seen no reason to assume they are unhappy with their contracts with bare knuckle. Fighters want to fight, it's nothing new and they sure can't hang in the UFC anymore or even against the prospects in Bellator.

All I have seen is people acting like bare knuckle boxing is some demeaning practice that's inhumane. The same kind of mentality that people had about MMA and some still have.

Fightpass/ESPN+ 25/25K.

They should be allowed to have 2 patches for additional sponsors. Allow the pre-approved sponsors to bid on the patches per each fighter for each event. Monster, Budweiser, Toyo, MetroPCS, Harley, (insert movie), ect.
Where in the hell is the UFC going to get the money to pay prelim fighters 50/50? I agree with the non Reebok sponsors though.

Fightpass/ESPN+ 25/25K.

who should be forcing the company to pay this much?

how about you recompense Chris Leben's drug habit, since you think he should have money

Problem is that fighters are grunts at the bottom of the totem pole. Fighter pay is a huge expense but it's also a very controllable expense. So while WME is making all these landmark deals and UFC is looking ahead to record profitability, guys can still get suffer life-changing beatings for $10k.

Fightpass/ESPN+ 25/25K.

That is crazy. There is no way to sustain that model with 500+ fighters and the amount of cards the televise.

Plus approved sponsors like Monster and Reebok already have the option to sign fighters and get the logo on their shorts (or top for women). They usually only choose to sign the higher ranked and more popular fighters.

UFC could set up easy crowdfunding for each fighter so you could give direct donations to your favorite fighters or to a fighter you deem worthy of a bonus. I would donate.

Back