UFC must do something different and make fighters earn more

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
At least for the top ten ranked guys in every division,maybe reality shows or they should be teaching amateurs in UFC gyms something like that those guys deserve more,Wand worked too hard to make a fighters union to their rights but he retired,fighters somehow should act smarter and earn more,Look at Leben he was a great MW for a long time and now he is fighting in a bareknuckle sh.t..Thats not good...

EDIT:
They can give self defence lessons to the celebrities...This will be very good extra money,I have no doubt those flashy rappers would give a lot to learn fighting from top UFC fighters

Last edited:
I agree. I don't know how much they get at Bare Knuckle, but it doesn't look great for the sport. I mean, right now, you have the highest paid MMA fighter of all time at the same gym as a bare knuckle fighter.......The very same fighter that, love him or hate him, was a part of Conor McGregor's rise to stardom. Maybe in no way responsible .... But without a doubt one of "his guys"..

No one can tell me that
Leben
Baroni
Hendricks
Lobov

All want to be getting hit with bare fists in small arenas at the tail end of their careers

I have an idea:

What if the UFC gives more money to the fighters?

I dunno, just a thought.

Last edited:
Could Dana take less snow for his driveway?

Maybe rent a slightly smaller island?

Don't know about the state of pay over in America but BKB Official here in the UK that has many ex-pro boxers & MMA fighters signed pay well,and some fighters are encouraging other pros/ex-pros to crossover

I don't think Bareknuckle is harmful at all,it has its place,its fighting in a pure & raw form - I think the company here in England is better than in USA anyway,

At least for the top ten ranked guys in every division,maybe reality shows or they should be coaching amateurs in UFC gyms something like that those guys deserve more,Wand worked too hard to make a fighters union to their rights but he retired,fighters somehow should act smarter and earn more,Look at Leben he was a great MW for a long time and now he is fighting in a bareknuckle sh.t..Thats not good
Theres not as much money in MMA as you want there to be. The owners of the UFC cannot and will not operate at a loss. Or anything close to it. They're investors. Not a charity. So where do you want all this extra money to come from?

Get rid of Reebok and let them have sponsors again. I miss the unique ways fighters dressed in the cage . This bland Reebok shit makes my ass bleed

Dana is working on having us purchase ESPN +++...it will be an additional $85 per month, but you get the first PPV at the discounted rate of $45...then fightpass will go up 28%...don’t worry, Dana has things covered..

Drop Reebok. Get that Nike money instead

You all need to actually start buying the PPVs. That’s the first step.

Theres not as much money in MMA as you want there to be. The owners of the UFC cannot and will not operate at a loss. Or anything close to it. They're investors. Not a charity. So where do you want all this extra money to come from?
I remember reading somewhere that the UFC has one of the biggest salary disparency between how much the company makes and how much they pay their fighters.

I'm sure the UFC have more than enough to pay their fighters a little more and still make good profit.

The UFC basically has the monopoly in the MMA world. And it's a private company. Everyone wants to fight for the top organisation. And if Fighters ask for more money than the UFC are willing to pay, they'll just tell them to fuck off somewhere else and give the contract to another good fighter who wants to fight for the "best" organisation.

I agree. I don't know how much they get at Bare Knuckle, but it doesn't look great for the sport. I mean, right now, you have the highest paid MMA fighter of all time at the same gym as a bare knuckle fighter.......The very same fighter that, love him or hate him, was a part of Conor McGregor's rise to stardom. Maybe in no way responsible .... But without a doubt one of "his guys"..

No one can tell me that
Leben
Baroni
Hendricks
Lobov

All want to be getting hit with bare fists in small arenas at the tail end of their careers
Chris Lytle & Kendall Grove too.

It's a joke as it always has been. Rebock or whatever off brand Shit that is was supposed to be for the fighters but that was another false promise. Don't worry Dana will unveil the future of fighting in two months, a future that means Jack all for the real people who make it really happen.

All the fighters can do is unanimously band together & refuse to fight until they are cut in on a bigger cut of the pie. I can't think of anything else that would work other than forcing the UFC's hand.

I remember reading somewhere that the UFC has one of the biggest salary disparency between how much the company makes and how much they pay their fighters.

I'm sure the UFC have more than enough to pay their fighters a little more and still make good profit.

Doing some quick math after a 30 second Google, the average NFL player makes roughly 2.7 million. The NFL does roughly 15 billion of revenue a year. The average UFC fighter made about 132000 in 2017. The UFC made about 700 million in revenue that year.

Meaning the average NFL players salary accounts for .018% of annual revenue, and the average fighters salary accounts for .019% of the UFCs annual revenue.

Note: these are averages. Not medians. Also, they are from Google.

Have them sell oranges on the way to the fight.

namibian-man-selling-oranges-along-the-road-in-schwazland-namibia-DD285W.jpg

All the fighters can do is unanimously band together & refuse to fight until they are cut in on a bigger cut of the pie. I can't think of anything else that would work other than forcing the UFC's hand.

Your not wrong ...

But even simpler changes could impact the fighter too

Like getting rid of reebok or keeping it and adding open sponsorships again..allowing fighters to secure there own sponsorship contracts can significiantly improve they're own bottomline as fighters and it adds more eye balls to the sport as more companies will want to invest and be seen globally

Also fighters need to learn about contracts and stop getting trapped in shitty ones ,just to get into the UFC...Legal teams are more important now then ever for fighters, you gotta be on point business team wise as well as fighting team wise..one bad contract and you could fucked for awhile..

Back