UFC must bring back knees to a grounded opponant!!!

And kicks/stomps
Stomps would be a difficult sell but I think the kick could really bring the game up a notch. Not having to worry about whether or not an opponent is grounded before you let a kick fly will really increase the effectiveness of this important tool. I think it's painfully obvious that American MMA promotions wanted fake wrestlers like Brock Lesnar to be champion and that's why they did everything they could to keep that style of fighting protected from the classicly Asian techniques that threatened them so much.

They pretty much freaked out when Mike Van Arsdale almost got decapitated by the axe murderer LOL

Write to all the athletic commissions then.
the UFC has to want them to come back and that's up to the fans

I don't know about you but watching one is so much more awesome and immersive then the UFC for me it can't compare

UFC MMA is literally nerfed down and that's kind of a pitiful state to be in when you're talking about what was supposed to be the most awesome fighting sport since Roman pankration

I think American athletes will fare poorly in ONE because their weak MMA skills will leave them vulnerable some of the most important techniques known to man. In the future as Asian MMA gets more and more popular the UFC is going to look Lamer and Lamer by comparison.

At least real Muay Thai finally won out over that water down anglicised crap

Indeed, bring back knees to a downed opponent.

It's painfully obvious that the unified rules of MMA were created out of unsubstantiated fear... they didn't even have the decency to have a knee-jerk response to an incident LOL

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/big-john-mccarthy-elbows-joe-rogan-178976

Now that we have many years of data accumulated it's pretty obvious that MMA isn't any more dangerous than boxing or IJF Judo for that matter...in fact a lot of levels training for MMA is even safer. You can get the greatest workout you ever dreamed by trying to escape an inferior position while someone's plugging away at you with 7 oz gloves not to mention some of the greatest martial arts training conceivable as this situation very much approximates a real fight scenario

By taking away knees and kicks to a grounded opponent you change the dynamic to such a degree that MMA actually loses its self defense Edge and that's an impressive thing to acomplish

Why not be able to knee a guy to the Head whos flat on his back or stomach?
I don't want to see somebody's head open up like a cantaloupe. If you like it though, your entitled to that. I do believe though, that most people in the civilized world are OK with that strike being banned.

I don't want to see somebody's head open up like a cantaloupe. If you like it though, your entitled to that. I do believe though, that most people in the civilized world are OK with that strike being banned.
This. Stomps, soccer kicks, and grounded knees would cut viewership numbers by half, at the very least. I love MMA, and would continue to watch for that reason, but I'd much rather they stay banned.

Also, there's no chance that all of the athletic commissions would support the bans being lifted, or any of them for that matter. And with how hard and long the UFC had to work to get MMA regulated across the states, it would make no sense for them to try to have the bans lifted.

I don't get why some are so obsessed with wanting them legalized anyway. Fighting careers are short enough as it is, are brains not getting mashed fast enough or what?

Would be a big fan of it if they did. Have a hard time believing they'll get a bunch of commissions on board with it though.

"I've been trying to explain to people why American MMA won't allow a knee to a grounded opponents head for many years and it just makes the us look like a bunch of mincy sissys."

I couldn't care less either way, but just how does it make mma fighters look like sissies? In boxing and kickboxing all you have to do is turn your back to your opponent, and the ref runs in to stop the action. Floyd Mayweather made use of that bitch move against Conor. Probably the main reason those strikes to a downed opponent aren't allowed is state athletic commissions. Good luck getting them to agree, state by state, to what you propose. View attachment 852553
I think he's talking about viewers from the United States, not MMA fighters themselves. Generally and broadly speaking, he's not entirely wrong. "Cancel Culture" is a real thing and I'm pretty sure it started in the States.

However, I'm not a "mincy sissy" and I don't see how not wanting to watch heads get stomped on or caved in implies that I am.

I think he's talking about viewers from the United States, not MMA fighters themselves. Generally and broadly speaking, he's not entirely wrong. "Cancel Culture" is a real thing and I'm pretty sure it started in the States.

However, I'm not a "mincy sissy" and I don't see how not wanting to watch heads get stomped on or caved in implies that I am.

Sounds like a cultural ruling just like Muay thai to kickboxing to k-1 and dutch glory. Ufc like kickboxing and it should emphasize on being mix in their ruling.

I must have missed the throngs of decapitated bodies from Pride ONE and Vale tudo

Something tells me if royd ragers like the axe murderer and Kevin Randleman couldn't decapitate people with their knees nobody could

This. Stomps, soccer kicks, and grounded knees would cut viewership numbers by half, at the very least. I love MMA, and would continue to watch for that reason, but I'd much rather they stay banned.

Also, there's no chance that all of the athletic commissions would support the bans being lifted, or any of them for that matter. And with how hard and long the UFC had to work to get MMA regulated across the states, it would make no sense for them to try to have the bans lifted.

I don't get why some are so obsessed with wanting them legalized anyway. Fighting careers are short enough as it is, are brains not getting mashed fast enough or what?
How about just knees to a grounded opponent?

Would be a big fan of it if they did. Have a hard time believing they'll get a bunch of commissions on board with it though.
It's just funny cuz we look like a bunch of Mincey sissies with our watered down version of MMA

knees to a grounded opponent are ridiculous but I can understand why drama queens are all uptight about the stomps and soccer kicks

Hard to believe we could even ruin the self-defense crossover skill of freaking MMA LOL

I've been trying to explain to people why American MMA won't allow a knee to a grounded opponents head for many years and it just makes the us look like a bunch of mincy sissys. After the abortion that occurred with Yan vs Sterling I think we can all agree that it's time to take the training wheels off American MMA and put your big boy gloves on. Honestly I would love to see Soccer Kicks come back but I can understand why sphincters tighten over the valle tudo stomp!!!

Back in the nhb days we used to train and fight with the flying double Stomp and ax kick to a buttscootfujutsu guy and no one ever got hurt (bad) but I can see why this looks so scary to the American Insurance Corporation...most of the time it was just a way to wow the crowd and get a couple points before the end of a round because quite often you would miss and wind up skipping across your ass like a pebble but if you land it no matter what happened the rest of the fight people would think you were a god

ahhh, the good ol days

But for real at least bring back knees to the head on a grounded opponent... you can't tell me they hit any harder than a jumping knee anyway so what's the damn point?

Brock Lesnars not coming back guys...give it up!
We need headbutts and fish hooks too! Tired of seeing guys stall against the cage. Smh

nobody's head was getting stomped in back in the nhb days

There's absolutely no difference in the concussive impact of a strike whether you have your knee or hand on the ground or not

We need headbutts and fish hooks too! Tired of seeing guys stall against the cage. Smh
It's ridiculous to try to conflate head-butting fish hooking eye gouging and groin strikes with the same exact technique made illegal only because you have a knee on the ground

UFC should just commit to doing all their shows outside of North America and then they can have all the grounded knees they want. Problem solved

Sounds like a cultural ruling just like Muay thai to kickboxing to k-1 and dutch glory. Ufc like kickboxing and it should emphasize on being mix in their ruling.

great post!!! the absolute Terror of elbows when Muay Thai first made its debut in America was extremely palpable... heck they wouldn't even allow you to knee to the Head and don't get me started on American kickboxing and it's Terror campaign against Muay Thai

People were so crazy they were even suggesting that Thais had a special racial advantage that allow their bodies to tolerate elbows better than Caucasians blacks and other types of Asians

Even my beloved K1 Nerfed down the Muay Thai rules in order to make the sport more culturally acceptable and here we are today in MMA where athletes are throwing hard core spinning elbows to each others face

it's entirely cultural and makes us look like a bunch of Nancy sissies because we're afraid of a technique the rest of the world considers standard

There's literally thousands of years of data associated with Muay Thai and overall it's proven to be safer than Victorian boxing!!!!

There's absolutely no difference in the concussive impact of a kick or a knee just because an athlete has got their hand or knee on the ground

The wrestlers and BJJ guys aren't terribly keen on it, that's for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back