UFC matchmakers pulling out the checkbook

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Mcgregor is being brought back and essentially given a blank cheque, Khabib is likely to get whatever he wants. Yoel was just signed to one of the biggest fighter contracts. Corpse of marijuana guy has been signed for a big fight with poirier. Rumors of ufc trying to sign anderson vs gsp.

What made ufc suddenly decide to start feeding all dese bums?

dana-money.jpg

Probably because they tried all different methods of upping PPV's and are now desperate? People don't give af about interims, don't give af about 'champ vs champ' and the UFC brand has lost its power. They are now pulling Bellator numbers.

They need stars & that is why theyre getting out the $$, because when they tried to create the next Conor and Ronda, it failed.

They pay guys/gals that move numbers
Always have & always will
The fighters that are disposable they under-pay

Nothing has changed

the strategy of only promoting and paying a couple of superstars has proven to suck.

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money.

They spent ages telling people that the fans wanted super fights .. This was totally made up.. no one was asking for this ..... Actually created the "fights the fans want" at a time when there were 3 dominant champions at 3 weights close together that could easily go in to each other's weight classes and challenge ... they had also done a pretty good job of pretty much clearing their respective divisions ... Thus... it "making sense that this happens" ... As the guys they were trying to push in this direction (GSP, Anderson, JBJ) were actually talented enough to hold on to belts they'd won while respecting the essence of being a champion and not a PPV headline. It never got done....

Fast forward to now. A champion is a meal ticket and a belt is not exclusive...If you can piss a champion off enough for him to react ... "The fans have spoken"...

They fucked it. There are good events. Some great fights and a great show from time to time.

But as for "caring"... which is why people tune in... I don't thing anyone could really give a fuck now... The ratings will slide until the champion of a division is clear cut and the challengers are deserving.

Hype the guys that are performing well and the fights that determine title fights and people will care again .. IMO

It's a weak move imo, they're essentially going back to what they believe made the UFC successful for Zuffa. While it's true fighters like McGregor, Silva, Diaz and Bork Lesnar bring in the numbers, I'd rather see WME go big and bring back a heavyweight division with no weight limit and 1 night, 3 fight tournaments to crown the champion of each division. Just Bleed.

<{JustBleed}>

It's a weak move imo, they're essentially going back to what they believe made the UFC successful for Zuffa. While it's true fighters like McGregor, Silva, Diaz and Bork Lesnar bring in the numbers, I'd rather see WME go big and bring back a heavyweight division with no weight limit and 1 night, 3 fight tournaments to crown the champion of each division. Just Bleed.

It is still Zuffa, btw
WME & investors bought Zuffa LLC which owned UFC

<{JustBleed}>
You do realize that the commissions control whether or not tournaments happen and weight class limits?

You do realize that the commissions control whether or not tournaments happen and weight class limits?

I didn't really put that much thought into it, your logic is logical.

<Goldie11>

Filled with Conor & Khabib sightings
Hopefully neither will be here today & headed out west .... ;)

Lets hope they can get that shit sign, sealed and delivered, maybe even at MSG. Enjoy that sunshine and city life bro, I'm waking up to -3° (23°F) and no UFC legends within 200 miles. I just found out my labrador has glaucoma and she hates the eye drops. Such is life.

Lets hope they can get that shit sign, sealed and delivered, maybe even at MSG. Enjoy that sunshine and city life bro, I'm waking up to -3° (23°F) and no UFC legends within 200 miles. I just found out my labrador has glaucoma and she hates the eye drops. Such is life.

Sorry to read about the dog man.
I'm allergic so never had that animal bond, but if you are mentioning it, you must have
Good luck & enjoy the fights sat

What time do they air by you?

its more so the UFC's desire to abide by the north american commission's decisions, the AC's dont technically have a say in what the UFC does outside of their jurisdiction

in theory the UFC could hold same night tournament events in most other countries outside of the US, they could also hold them in the US if they switched the round format for the fights((2round quarter final and 3 round main event))

Sorry to read about the dog man.
I'm allergic so never had that animal bond, but if you are mentioning it, you must have
Good luck & enjoy the fights sat

What time do they air by you?

Thanks for the kind message. She's a rugged dog, back when she was a pup I'd call her Benson Henderson because she had a thick black coat of hair and loved jumping and kicking her legs out. It's probably a good thing you have that allergy, its heart breaking when they get sick or pass away.

Fights in the US are almost always on around 12pm on a Sunday in Australia so it's awesome timing to kick back and relax before work the next day.

You too bruv, pumped for Gus vs Volkan and TJ vs Cody. Enjoy the weekend.

Well conor gave fighters consciousness and now u see the fighters extorting the ufc

Back