UFC matchmakers are idiots

To be fair, there is no one they can put in there outside Conor Mcgregor that will move the needle.
On a larger scale, yes no doubt.

It's kind of a weird time right now

Its going to hurt the more you struggle, just relax and try to enjoy it.

I like the Frankie fight. I like Cowboy v Ferguson. I like Poirier v Khabib (though I would like to see Gaethje get a chance to fight Khabib, and hope he earns the opportunity).

I also like Cormier v Stipe II, JDS v Ngannou, RDA v Lee, Cejudo v Moraes, Rivera v Ya.

I don't much like Oliviera v Lentz - it's a mismatch. I don't like any Jones fight because he's too good for that current division, but he has to fight someone (and apparently he refuses to move up, as per his own words yesterday). I don't like Lawler v Woodley 2 but I get why they're doing it.

So I guess we don't see eye to eye, TS. But damn, I'm glad I'm the happy one, because it sounds like you're pretty miserable about this.

The problem is it's not like "hey everybody wants to see this fight happen" and boom it's done.

Factors to consider:
-Injuries
-Pay
-Timeframe (must aline with both fighters)
-Contracts
-Dodging by some fighters
-Availability

All things considered, I feel like match-making may sound easy at first, but there are a lot of factors that come into play...

All things considered, I feel like match-making may sound easy at first, but there are a lot of factors that come into play...
I'm convinced that most fans think it's as easy as Joe Silva adding two columns of fighters and then drawing crayon lines from fighter to fighter.

SC_18.gif

If Dana were Caesar and the fighters were gladiators, it would be that easy. But just getting two fighters to agree is tough, let alone aligning schedules, their camps agree, both managers agree that the fight is appropriate for each fighter's career path, no family commitments, etc, etc, etc.

I'm convinced that most fans think it's as easy as Joe Silva adding two columns of fighters and then drawing crayon lines from fighter to fighter.

SC_18.gif

If Dana were Caesar and the fighters were gladiators, it would be that easy. But just getting two fighters to agree is tough, let alone aligning schedules, their camps agree, both managers agree that the fight is appropriate for each fighter's career path, no family commitments, etc, etc, etc.
yea you said that better than I did. I agree with you.

SC_18.gif

Lol don't white knight for the UFC. Matchmaking isn't hard. Their is currently 92 fucking Lightweights on the roster for example. They have plenty of fighters. Any braindead fuck can make a fight when you have 92 people to choose from.

Lol don't white knight for the UFC. Matchmaking isn't hard. Their is currently 92 fucking Lightweights on the roster for example. They have plenty of fighters. Any braindead fuck can make a fight when you have 92 people to choose from.
Thank you for proving my point. Cheers.

Thank you for proving my point. Cheers.
Matchmakers don't promote. They just put fights together. It's not hard at all. You pick a fighter you want to put on a card, you then have 5-10 suitable fighters to choose from as an opponent, you make a couple phone calls, and bam you send out the contracts. I would love to be a UFC matchmaker it doesn't get easier than that. Your point is retarded.

I can dive either further into this if you would like. When you pick a fighter to put on a card the first thing you should look at is when was the last time they fought? You don't want to let fighters on your roster to go too long without a fight so that's the first thing you look for. You take into account their name value to determine where you want to put them on a card. Then you evaluate what their win/loss streak is and find a suitable opponent with something similar. Now when you have 70 fighters in a weight class it's not hard to find a suitable opponent. You will almost always have at least 2 or 3 fighters to choose from. You make some phone calls and get some verbal agreements and it's done. I can put together a card in a day, probably because I have experience with this.

Last edited:
Matchmakers don't promote. They just put fights together. It's not hard at all. You pick a fighter you want to put on a card, you then have 5-10 suitable fighters to choose from as an opponent, you make a couple phone calls, and bam you send out the contracts. I would love to be a UFC matchmaker it doesn't get easier than that. Your point is retarded.

I can dive either further into this if you would like. When you pick a fighter to put on a card the first thing you should look at is when was the last time they fought? You don't want to let fighters on your roster to go too long without a fight so that's the first thing you look for. You take into account their name value to determine where you want to put them on a card. Then you evaluate what their win/loss streak is and find a suitable opponent with something similar. Now when you have 70 fighters in a weight class it's not hard to find a suitable opponent. You will almost always have at least 2 or 3 fighters to choose from. You make some phone calls and get some verbal agreements and it's done. I can put together a card in a day, probably because I have experience with this.
<{chips}>

Unless Max has a shit weight cut he's going to smash Frankie.

<{chips}>
Lol Give me a detailed spreadsheet listing all fighters split up by weight classes and last time fought, record, current streak, current company name value determined by different metrics and updated after every event, and pay me and I'll be ecstatic with the easiest job in the world.

Seriously, Frankie Edgar gets a title shot yet again, and on the weekend when an obvious contender emerged, one who just did something Frankie failed at twice.

Who makes these decisions, and does he have Down syndrome? This is just one of the many examples, but it’s probably the most obvious one, I don’t understand this logic at all.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Still scratching my head over Ngannou-Blaydes 2. Why risk eliminating a legit HW contender on a winning streak in a division so desperate for them? Which is precisely what they did. Made no sense.

Blowing the Tyron-Colby fight is up there too.

Frankie Edgar got uppercutted off his feet by a contender who had nothing for Max.
Volkanovski is the fight I want to see. I think he'll give Max a tough time.
This bullshit with UFC is happening so regularly, their not even trying to justify a reason.
Just get rid of the titles and admit they are money fights. The titles are more of a joke than ever.

SC_18.gif

Why would a champion have a choice in who his opponent is, what’s this agreeing shit? He fights whoever is next and that’s all there is to it. When did fighters become their own matchmakers and when did mma fans become such cucks that they accept and defend UFC bullshit?

At least Max is the type of champ who has always fought whoever they put in front of him, so ya I think it would have been that easy to have him fight Volkanovski, who’s definitely accepting a title shot if it was offered. There is no legit excuse in this case.

Back