UFC matchmakers are idiots

U pick one match u dontnlike and now everyone is idiot? Okay!

I think you have the UFC confused with a real sport.
Don't worry it's a common mistake…

<Fedor23>

Does it have to be in 2 months?
It does
They need champions to fill out PPV main events
If a champion is willing to fight they aren't gonna turn them down.

DC (booked)
Jones (booked)
Whittaker (being saved for the Aus card)
Usman (injured)
Khabib (linked to 241)
Cejudo (booked)
Nunes (booked)
Shev (booked)
Andrade (just fought)

You see
Not too many options

If the fight wasn't happening so soon i'd agree but Volkan can easily just fight the winner not too far down the line.

They match guys based on looks most of the time outside of big fights. Like dudes with the same facial hair and similar tattoos in the same spots.

The fight is in July, whoever wins will defend against Alex at the end of the year, people are making too much of this.

Worry more about Alex losing his spot to another Ali client fighting the #2 guy instead.
That's what I'm worried about. Say Frankie loses to Max but Zabit fights and beats Ortega before 240 or around the same time. Bet that rat Ali would try and get Zabit a title shot and fuck Volk over for a second time. Guy's a right cunt but he's a fantastic manager.

Seriously, Frankie Edgar gets a title shot yet again, and on the weekend when an obvious contender emerged,
Prob wated to giving to Aldo, so they waited

Frankie has more name recognition and the buyrate for last weekend's PPV was probably abysmal. No one saw that fight.
And those who did have no interest in 5 rounds of wall and stall.

Still scratching my head over Ngannou-Blaydes 2. Why risk eliminating a legit HW contender on a winning streak in a division so desperate for them? Which is precisely what they did. Made no sense.

Dana was pissed at Ngannou for expecting to keep getting paid real money after the Stipe fight and for laying an egg against Lewis. He was trying to run the guy out of the promotion after building him up to get rid of Stipe. Dude cares more about being petty than actually promoting the fights.

That's what I'm worried about. Say Frankie loses to Max but Zabit fights and beats Ortega before 240 or around the same time. Bet that rat Ali would try and get Zabit a title shot and fuck Volk over for a second time. Guy's a right cunt but he's a fantastic manager.

No, he's not. His fighters get big fights because he offers to undercut the competition on pay.

Cejudo took a pay cut to get the Mighty Mouse rematch. Kelvin's purse for UFC 236 was low for the same reason.

He's only Dana's favorite manager because it's another means for the UFC to avoid paying these guy what they're worth.

Seriously, the fact that Ali is in good with Dana should be a giant red flag. Dana spent years saying that managers should be banned from the sport altogether.

Nobody is spending 60 bucks to watch Frankie do anything.

Respect to him and all but I'd pay to watch literally hundreds of mma fighters and boxers before him.

I sincerely doubt they did this to draw an audience because a Max vs Frankie fight isn't moving the needle

Frankie at least has name recognition for casual fans. Volkanovski is more deserving, but the casual fan has no clue who the guy is.

CM Punk has even more drawing power. Put Brad Pit vs Holloway and it would draw even more. Fuck off with your gay Conor av, and your “drawing power” argument, we’re discussing mma here, not popularity contests.

My Conor av only exists to trigger dumbasses like you. It's cute that you still think that the UFC is a sports based organization.

Frankie at least has name recognition for casual fans. Volkanovski is more deserving, but the casual fan has no clue who the guy is.
Casual fans have zero awareness of Frankie Edgar....

Casual fans have zero awareness of Frankie Edgar....

Bullshit. Anyone so casual to not know Frankie probably doesn't know Max either. They probably know Conor, Jon Jones, and that's about it. They probably think Ronda still fights.

Bullshit. Anyone so casual to not know Frankie probably doesn't know Max either. They probably know Conor, Jon Jones, and that's about it. They probably think Ronda still fights.
Hence casual

What Ali wants Ali gets. Period.

Still scratching my head over Ngannou-Blaydes 2. Why risk eliminating a legit HW contender on a winning streak in a division so desperate for them? Which is precisely what they did. Made no sense.

Yeah, it was so dreadful I made a topic about it. Giving Sergei Pavlovich a tough match-up which wouldn't elevate his opponent Overeem at all was also dumb. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufn-141-a-case-study-in-why-ufc-matchmakers-suck.3869543/

Having Max fight again so soon after the hellacious beating he took from Poirier makes little sense, and in a match where the challenger has very little chance of defeating him. Would make more sense to wait 2 more months or whatever and make a far better match against Volkanovski.

My Conor av only exists to trigger dumbasses like you. It's cute that you still think that the UFC is a sports based organization.
So your life is that shitty that you set out to “trigger” people just to try to bring them down to your miserable level? You sound like a real winner.

Nobody is spending 60 bucks to watch Frankie do anything.

Respect to him and all but I'd pay to watch literally hundreds of mma fighters and boxers before him.

I sincerely doubt they did this to draw an audience because a Max vs Frankie fight isn't moving the needle

Yer right Bro

They could dust off Faber and he would sell more than Edgar.

This matchmaking is fucking mysterious

Yes TS it's been confirmed the match maker obviously has down syndrome

So your life is that shitty that you set out to “trigger” people just to try to bring them down to your miserable level? You sound like a real winner.

LOL! I lost an av bet years ago and that was the origin, then it just entertained me how many people in completely non-related conversations would get triggered by it and lash out about it because they weren't intelligent enough to actually formulate and communicate a thought on the subject at hand. You know, kinda like you're doing.

Back