UFC matchmakers are idiots

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seriously, Frankie Edgar gets a title shot yet again, and on the weekend when an obvious contender emerged, one who just did something Frankie failed at twice.

Who makes these decisions, and does he have Down syndrome? This is just one of the many examples, but it’s probably the most obvious one, I don’t understand this logic at all.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Still scratching my head over Ngannou-Blaydes 2. Why risk eliminating a legit HW contender on a winning streak in a division so desperate for them? Which is precisely what they did. Made no sense.

Frankie has more name recognition and the buyrate for last weekend's PPV was probably abysmal. No one saw that fight.

volkanovski can train and work on his skills and just fight the winner. not that big of a deal. he can get the winner at the end of the year assuming this happens over summer. thats only like a 5 month layoff for him.

The fight is in July, whoever wins will defend against Alex at the end of the year, people are making too much of this.

Worry more about Alex losing his spot to another Ali client fighting the #2 guy instead.

Frankie has more name recognition and the buyrate for last weekend's PPV was probably abysmal. No one saw that fight.
Nobody is spending 60 bucks to watch Frankie do anything.

Respect to him and all but I'd pay to watch literally hundreds of mma fighters and boxers before him.

I sincerely doubt they did this to draw an audience because a Max vs Frankie fight isn't moving the needle

CM Punk has even more drawing power. Put Brad Pit vs Holloway and it would draw even more. Fuck off with your gay Conor av, and your “drawing power” argument, we’re discussing mma here, not popularity contests.

Does it have to be in 2 months?

Why can't Volk fight him in two months?! Do you think he would habe turned that oppurtunity down? I know he has an infection post his Aldo fight but it doesn't sound super serious and he took no damage in tje fight.

They just draw names out of a hat.
Screen_shot_2012-01-29_at_5.34.33_PM.png

volkanovski can train and work on his skills and just fight the winner. not that big of a deal. he can get the winner at the end of the year assuming this happens over summer. thats only like a 5 month layoff for him.
Not really the point, don’t even care about Volkanovski, but fucken Frankie Edgar?? How many title shots has that guy had already? It’s just dumb, who really wants to see it?

Well, MMA is more than 18 months old, and Frankie has done right by them.

Annnd, Volk did a smash up job no doubt, but why rush his next bout? He's a potential long time star, but throwing him and Max together is a pretty big gamble that guarantees a popular champ will lose it all one fight removed from losing a weight class up, or a contender gets set back, possibly beat to a pulp like Ortega, which makes the next shot a bit harder to secure.
For what? Considering everyone's place in the division, this is kind of a high upside for any 2 out of the 3 of them.

Who should Max fight in 2 months instead?
I'd rather he waited for the later Australian card in October. UFC was desperate for a main event at 240 and Max is a warrior. Max is coming back surprisingly quickly though considering his war with Poirier. Any luck Max starches Edgar without much damage and can fight again in October.

Cowboy vs. Ferguson and Pettis vs. Diaz are great matchmakin

I hope Lawler fucks Woodley's shit up in that rematch

I don't think Frankie moves the needle much at all tbh. More than Volk sure, but considering the ESPN deal PPV numbers are increasingly irrelevant. Was more of case of finding a main event for 240. Has to have a title on it.

I thought they were expecting Blaydes to win that rematch. Just guessing.

Perhaps so, but Blaydes had already lost to him and they knew one punch could end it. Which is exactly what happened. Seems like such a dumb risk. Blaydes should have been matched against someone like Tyburn or Shamil IMO and he would likely be fighting DC now, while Stipe had to rightfully earn a rematch with another win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back