UFC match making is stupid

hitman911

MindJaxd
@Brown
Reaction score
Miocic vs Rothwell, AA vs Mir, that means cain is getting a rematch??? I understand a rematch in certain situations, but cain was a bloody mess, gassed, and got subbed! He does not deserve a rematch. I hate this! I getting sick of it. How many chances will cain get? If he loses. does he win 1 fight and get another rematch? doesnt make any sense. I think alot of you are delusional to think anyone outside of us hardcore will ever take this thing seriously!

rant over

In boxing, there is generally a rematch clause built in to every champions contract. It's usually up to the champ if they want the rematch. So if boxing has always been taken seriously, why would MMA be any different using some of the same practices?

I don't get it either. Instant re-matches can really fuck them later on down the road. Look at the Cain/JDS situation.

In boxing, there is generally a rematch clause built in to every champions contract. It's usually up to the champ if they want the rematch. So if boxing has always been taken seriously, why would MMA be any different using some of the same practices?

Ok, if cain wins Werdum better get his instant rematch. :icon_chee

The matchmaking and creativity in the UFC is non existent.

So many options, so many possibilities and yet the UFC manages to make the most "wtf" matches possible.

002_joe_silva_and_dana_white_watch_fighters.0.jpg

I don't get it either. Instant re-matches can really fuck them later on down the road. Look at the Cain/JDS situation.

Except Cain/JDS wasn't an instant rematch so I don't get your point

Sea level Cain to make his triumphant return

Pfft.

Won't matter. Cain will probably get hurt and need time off anyway. Someone should be on standby to fill in.

Yeah, Anderson should have never got his rematch with Weidman. Nor Hendricks having to fight Lawler again after HIS injury. And the initial Barao-Dillashaw II rematch that was planned? All bullshit match making
:):that was sarcasm, retard.::)

Holy shit I couldn't be less enthusiastic about this rematch. Right up there w RRR Tate 3. Enough already.

Been a fan a long time and paid for a shit load of PPVs but fuck this.

They should just feed Cain to Derrick Lewis.

Black Beast will send Cain to WSOF so we won't have to watch him fight anymore.

Holy shit I couldn't be less enthusiastic about this rematch. Right up there w RRR Tate 3. Enough already.

Been a fan a long time and paid for a shit load of PPVs but fuck this.

Agreed, thanks for the input 06er.

UFC is just "Milking the cow"

Yeah, Anderson should have never got his rematch with Weidman. Nor Hendricks having to fight Lawler again after HIS injury. And the initial Barao-Dillashaw II rematch that was planned? All bullshit match making
:):that was sarcasm, retard.::)

Why was it sarcasm? Anderson-Weidman rematch wasn't a very good fight, but it was passable because Anderson was a dominant champion.

Hendricks-Lawler 2 wasn't an instant rematch. Robbie won 2 fights to earn his title shot again.

Dillashaw-Bar

Except Cain/JDS wasn't an instant rematch so I don't get your point

You're right, my mistake. But you should get the point. Cain fought JDS 3 times in 5 fights, now the UFC will likely go out of their way to not make a 4th.

Miocic vs Rothwell, AA vs Mir, that means cain is getting a rematch??? I understand a rematch in certain situations, but cain was a bloody mess, gassed, and got subbed! He does not deserve a rematch. I hate this! I getting sick of it. How many chances will cain get? If he loses. does he win 1 fight and get another rematch? doesnt make any sense. I think alot of you are delusional to think anyone outside of us hardcore will ever take this thing seriously!

rant over

I hate the rematch, but the AA vs Mir and Miocic vs Rothwell are two very good fights.

The matchmaking and creativity in the UFC is non existent.

So many options, so many possibilities and yet the UFC manages to make the most "wtf" matches possible.

002_joe_silva_and_dana_white_watch_fighters.0.jpg

Yes, because every fighter accepts every fight offered...

Matchmaker is the worst job in the UFC next to janitor.

that is not the case in the UFC...certainly not for every champ.

there are a ton of examples where immediate rematches were not made when a champ dropped their title, and there is no way in hell that the only reason is all they all declined the opportunity.

Cain doesn't deserve this one. His wins while champ came against two guys, and this loss to Werdum was not 'close' or controversial. He got beat up and tapped.

ridiculous to give him an immediate rematch, IMHO.

Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean that it's stupid.

The UFC has a lot more factors to consider when making these decisions than you sitting there on your couch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back