UFC Match Making blows!!!!

I wonder how did you survive matchmaking in Pride?

It has been one of their worst stretches of matchmaking that I can recall.

I don't mind giving Cro Cop what should be a gimme win all that much. But they're sucking balls all over the place with their other matches.

Matchmaking in the ufc has been laughable for a while now.
I agree with Werdum-Cain rematch, probable one of the biggest mistakes lately.

Cain fought JDS x2, Bigfoot x2 and will now fight Werdum x2 since 2010 .... Give the guy some new match ups!! Ridiculous match-making ;/

UFC matchmaking has always sucked balls, with a '06 join date you should have figured that out (and ranted about it) a long ass time ago ts.

Has there been any official explanation from Zuffa brass justifying why Cain got the rematch after Werdum trounced him? Especially when there are so many other good options available for Fab's first title defense.

Not too worried though as Cain will most likely end up injured during camp.

Last edited:
I would honestly love to watch a sherdogger try to matchmake..... well really any organization. I feel like most people assume it's just you see two names you like and you assign them to fight each other. Even if you play a nerd-tastic game called World of MMA you have to take about 40 variables into consideration. And then real matchmaking is 100x more time-consuming and stressful than that.

It would bring me pleasure to watch a sherdogger pull his hair out trying to figure out why a manager pulled his fighter out of a main-card bout for an undisclosed reason, forcing a plane ticket to be repurposed for a lesser talent from another location, with no time to create PR awareness of said replacement, and having to explain the situation to the fighter left with a sudden change of opponents.

For some reason sherdoggers believe fighters have no lives and accept every single fight they're offered.

Who knows Struve n Mitrione could of been offered this fight

Has there been any official explanation from Zuffa brass justifying why Cain got the rematch after Werdum trounced him? Especially when there are so many other good options available for Fab's first title defense.

Not too worried though as Cain will most likely end up injured during camp.
what does the ufc need to explain?

penn got a rematch against edgar

edgar got a rematch against benson

barao was supposed to get an immediate rematch with dillashaw

is normal.

UFC actually makes amazing matchups.

It's the few shitty ones that you nerds complain about.

Are people really upset that Rousey isn't fighting Tate for a third time?

I would honestly love to watch a sherdogger try to matchmake..... well really any organization. I feel like most people assume it's just you see two names you like and you assign them to fight each other. Even if you play a nerd-tastic game called World of MMA you have to take about 40 variables into consideration. And then real matchmaking is 100x more time-consuming and stressful than that.

It would bring me pleasure to watch a sherdogger pull his hair out trying to figure out why a manager pulled his fighter out of a main-card bout for an undisclosed reason, forcing a plane ticket to be repurposed for a lesser talent from another location, with no time to create PR awareness of said replacement, and having to explain the situation to the fighter left with a sudden change of opponents.

Mate youre such a shill. Youre making it sound like you know everything and the ufc goes into intricate detail.

You know how much effort the ufc puts into it? They fucking post it on twitter and the fighter finds out who and where they're fighting from a friend of a friend.

UFC actually makes amazing matchups.

It's the few shitty ones that you nerds complain about.

They may be good with the no-names down the roster, I wouldn't really know if Javier dos Farmigos III would be better against Rafael da Silva II or Jussier dos Rios IV or not...

But they are missing the mark a good portion of the time with the big name matchups, and arguably a good portion of the time with title shots, and these are the ones that matter.

Yep.

Also, I like the Holm/Rousey matchup, although it might be too early for Holm, it's better than Rousey/Tate 3. Holm is an interesting opponent for Ronda.

Sometimes they make shitty fights, most of the time the matchmaking is good imo.

But there are alot of things that go into matchmaking, saving guys for certain markets, injuries, fighters turning down fights.

Barboza just said a few guys turned down a fight with him so when UFC announces a fight for him and everyone screams OMG why isnt he fight this guy or that guy they might have turned down the fight. And if UFC doesnt say they turned it down which if they do then you complain about throwing them under the bus. But if they dont then its complaining that Barboza isnt fighting Pettis or Diaz or Eddie.

Cain's getting a rematch cause they invested in the Mexican market and he was champ and came off a long injury. Do we all like it? No, but theres a reason.

Holm is getting it cause we've seen the Tate fight twice

are we seriously pretending like crocop is relevant? who cares who he fights?

I do. Just blasted Gonzaga. Fighting Hamilton is pure garbage. You could have said the same thing too about AA, Mir, and Rothwell not to long ago.

I was thinking about it earlier and I would like to have seen Cro Cop booked against Rampage (at hw) - unless 'page is injured or booked in another fight or something.

A fun fight for us fans with two ageing veterans who aren't going near title fights any time soon and it would have that whole Pride gimmick that they could play up.:)

I can't imagine the stress of booking Mirko vs Hamilton. Joe Silva was probably close to quitting after that.....

Back