UFC Making Some Good Moves In Resigning Rampage And Cro Cop

Wait Cro Cop is back?? He's 100% going to get brain damage if he fights again.

Both are two fun vets with a pretty big fan base. They also gave Page a solid first opponent back in Fabio...

When I saw this the first thing I thought of was Paige Van Zant vs. Fabio Maldonado.

Cro cop deserves it. he's an old dog who deserves one last run. If he comes back and starts destroying it will be lol worthy. Duffee vs Cro Cop

Wait Cro Cop is back?? He's 100% going to get brain damage if he fights again.

He's just gone 7-1 in kickboxing, landing some left high kicks again although he's pretty slow these days compared to his youth.

just shows how much the ufc is struggling to replace stars

the ufc is focusing on guys like this and cm punk because they have very limited star power right now. guys like anderson, gsp, diaz, cain, brock, bj, and chael leaving or being out is a massive hit to star power. yes quality fighters have replaced them but not the star power

the ufc is dying to get gsp back. the ufc is dying for conor to beat aldo. the ufc is dying to have brock back

if there is no injury setbacks to the ppv cards this year i could see the ufc crushing last years ppv sales by a lot. if they get gsp and brock back the ufc could be setting records and gaining a ton of momentum for 2016

i think jones, weidman, ronda, conor (if he wins), GSP, and brock can become very big and consistent ppv sellers, like average 700k+. guys like cain, TJ, pettis, diaz, anderson can do 400k+

BT sports is fucking awesome. I'm an American and I had never heard of it a year ago, but recently I bought a PC that I use only as a hook up to my flat screen and I've been streaming BT sports a lot. They show a lot of awesome stuff on that channel.

that-s-fucking-illegal-o.gif

Awful signings, monopoly, no up and comer development.

it all depends on the match ups. The Rampage fight was a no brainer. It's the next ones the worry me. Joe Silva has NEVER been good at making fun fights like other companies have made. I expect them to try to use them to put younger fighters over.

I agree. They actually need to cherry pick opponents for these guys that tailor to their style of fighting. Not saying that they need to be matched against cans, but no one wants to see Rampage fighting any wrestlers at this point. I think Rampage is the better signing overall because of fights like Maldonado, Shogun, Lil Nog, etc. Rampage might lose some of those fights, but those are the kind of fights he needs to be placed in.

Cro Cop could be a little more difficult, but I think going the rematch route is the best bet for him. Big Nog, Mir, Barnett, and maybe Hunt (Hunt's punching power might be a bad idea though) make for easily marketable fights without putting Cro Cop at too much risk. Maybe Brendan Schaub.

Neither guy should be pushed into a title run though unless they really amaze everyone in their return, and it shouldn't even begin to be brought up until no less than 3-4 straight wins.

UFC 2015 - Characters Welcome.

I think the reason for this is two fold:

1. The UFC took a big hit in star-power in 2014.

2. Scott Coker and Bellator are using this same strategy, so the UFC is countering them.

I can see the Rampage signing moreso, he is a former champion of a marquee division with mixed success(7-5) in UFC.
Crocop on the other hand is a head shaker, he never improved in the cage and had a losing record(4-6) in UFC.

Speaks very loudly how they are desperate for big names and that the UFC has been awful at promoting new big names.

This. Not interested in seeing CroCop fight again. Rampage might have a few more good fights in him but Mirko is done.

They're both terrible signings that show how dependent the UFC is on its past.

The promotion should spend more time looking for the Weidmans, the McGregors, the Dillashaws, the Jon Joneses of the world. New meat.

Back