UFC made a mistake by making Masvidal vs Usman

Its clear they want Mas to win, then Conor to beat Mas for the fight of the century, Conor(WWC, BMFBS) vs. Khabib/Tony (LWC), theyd prefer Khabib. Conor is never beating Marty, it would be a GnP clinic.

If mas manages to win your dead wrong!
He'll bring fans to see this fight
He wins they see him as the champ..
He'll gain more fan more popularity and more draw.
Then the fight to make ... in terms of audience and huge numbers.

Connor
But again, that depends if mas wins and connor wins his next fight (if he fights soon)

Nick needs a tune-up fight if he intends to come back. He hasnt fought in 5 years, hasn't won in 9 years, and has been partying and not training in that time. A fight with Masvidal shouldn't be sanctioned until he proves he can still be competitive.

That’s not the fight people are interested in! It doesn’t draw shit!

The real money fight and the only fight people wants to see is Masvidal vs Nick Diaz!

Nick wanted this fight, so does all the fans! Fook UFC for not making this and Masvidal needs to stop ducking Nick
That would be a good fight, I don’t know how many people have been asking for it to happen though... Usman is by far the tougher fight though, an active champ as opposed to someone who fought a long time ago...

this match was a mistake even if they couldnt get the nick fight done

The real money fight and the only fight people wants to see is Masvidal vs Nick Diaz!

Nick wanted this fight, so does all the fans! Fook UFC for not making this and Masvidal needs to stop ducking Nick
Agreed, fuck the UFC for making a Title fight between two top 5 WWs.

Definitely should have made Mas/ Diaz (which makes way more money if Mas wins the belt Mr.Shortsighted) and Usman vs Perry or someone like that, lol.

In reality though Nick Jorge is way bigger with the belt as I said and Jorge being a fan favorite now gets Usman way more attention if he wins in dominant fashion or losses in an exciting fight.

This way you get 3 birds stoned at once and potentially create another long term star.

But sure, why not go for the quick money (which isn't even guaranteed since Nate is the one popular among the casuals (though they probably won't even realise it's a different N.Diaz so that may not be a problem)) now and not bother thinking a few moves ahead to triple that money.

Shortsightedness is the foundation all successful businesses are built on after all, that's a saying right? Lol.

Only diehard, jackass Diaz fans want to see that fight lol. Nick has been on a 5-year bender and hasn't won a fight in nearly a decade. Trust me, no true MMA fan wants to see that shit at this stage. Nick would look horrible and get his ass beat. Would be less entertaining than the Silva fight.

Only diehard, jackass Diaz fans want to see that fight lol. Nick has been on a 5-year bender and hasn't won a fight in nearly a decade. Trust me, no true MMA fan wants to see that shit at this stage. Nick would look horrible and get his ass beat. Would be less entertaining than the Silva fight.
I've been around awhile and I'd much rather Diaz vs Masvidal. Usman vs Masvidal is predictably going to be Jorge getting wrestle fucked by Usman for 5 rounds. Diaz vs Mas will be entertaining no matter how long it lasts.

To me, it has a very high ceiling for future pay off. But low percentage to hit it. If Jorge somehow pulls it off they have a likely mega fight on their hands skipping Conor to the front of the Welterweight line(which lets not kid ourselves, they're likely already planning for it). And not only would it be a real easy sell, it's a guy who's likely to stand with Conor. But the likely outcome is Usman neutralizes Jorge for a likely decision win. Which will immediately put a hard ceiling on jorges ability to be seen as a true main event draw as it'd put him in the category of "popular and exciting guys who could never close the big one out". But that being said, if he wins. He's on a wave of momentum right now, capping it with a huge title win is likely instant full main stream stardom.

Freshly prepared owl soup.

It’s probably nicks fault that fight didn’t happen. I can imagine the ufc reaching out to nick and getting no response.

I've been around awhile and I'd much rather Diaz vs Masvidal. Usman vs Masvidal is predictably going to be Jorge getting wrestle fucked by Usman for 5 rounds. Diaz vs Mas will be entertaining no matter how long it lasts.

People said the same about Masvidal vs Askren. Just saying.

Last edited:
You don’t know what will happen in that fight. When Usman got very emotional with the fight against Colby all he did was stand and bang. Same thing can happen with this fight. And I think Jorge won’t just sit on his back, he’s always been a guy who’s hard to wrestle with.

But saying you’d rather see Diaz fight is crazy. Get yourself out of 2010 brother it’s 2020, Nick Diaz is long gone.

The buzz on Nick v Jorge didn't last very long. That interview with Helwani killed off any momentum. He just didn't give any reason to think he was seriously back into fighting or even in shape to be. Sure, his name would probably sell more than Usman but not sure how much more plus he'd probably want a hell of a lot of money.

Yeah kind of a shame. You know the masvidal hype train is about to get derailed. They shoulda cashed some paydays.

that being said nick wasn’t my first pick either
Yep.
Imagine Mas vs Conor.
The sales would be OFF THE FOOKING CHARTS!
Pink Goof goofed up again!

Untitled-design-13-1024x576.png

Both Conor and Mas likely had a say, but these match-ups are bad. Usman beats Mas, while (if it happens) Conor beats Gaethje. Both fights will be one-sided. Conor will then lose to Khabib again and the Mas fight is off the table. Conor/Masvidal is the best match-up from all angles they could make, and they done messed it up. Nick/Mas would've been a fun one and had given time for other fights to play out.

I want to see it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back