UFC Looking To Make Joanna/Claudia and Tate/Nunes For UFC 195

Something about Tate vs Nunes right now is really lame imo.

If they are rushing Holm fight, then I see Rowdy retiring soon. And that is why they are rushing it. IF Tate vs Nunes is an impressive fight, the winner will probably be the next contender, especially if Nunes finishes Tate, before Rowdy retires.

If they are rushing Holm fight, then I see Rowdy retiring soon. And that is why they are rushing it. IF Tate vs Nunes is an impressive fight, the winner will probably be the next contender, especially if Nunes finishes Tate, before Rowdy retires.

I was thinking that, too. Or E Honda will take a hiatus and come back to fight Cyborg.

oh god why on earth would they kill off a potential contender in Nunes by matching her with Tate of all people

got nothing against Tate but come on at this point the only purpose she is serving is killing off contenders

They'd match her with Tate because a win over Tate would be something that would actually earn her a title shot. She hasn't earned one yet. Nunes has already lost (not only lost but was finished) to Alexis Davis and Cat Zingano, who Ronda beat in 16 and 14 seconds. Nunes hasn't earned a title shot. If she can't beat Miesha Tate, she shouldn't even be thinking about fighting Ronda Rousey. And if fighters like McMann, Eye and Nunes can't beat Tate, then it's Tate who's really the contender. This is why having her TS ripped away and given to another fighter who hasn't earned it (Holm) is such a raw deal for Miesha.

Didn't she already make this video before? Is it the same one?

And Kaufman just got armbarred by Davis...

Nunes vs Holm was the fight to make anyways. I'll gladly watch a whole WMMA card, those 3 bouts are damn good.

If Tate beats Nunes then lol. First kills a potential McMann rematch, then beats Eye and now if she beats Nunes then that division is even more screwed than it is now

Tate will be on a Sonnen-esque mission to get a rematch. She'll destroy Nunes.

Lots of emasculated males will be upset when this card does 900,000+ ppv buys.

Absolutely.
3 big Women's fights. Sherdog will claim the PPV bombs.

The PPV will do bigger numbers than the 'hardcore fans favorite fighters ppv's.

Some people saying this card won't do big PPV numbers still fail to realize that MMA fans aren't buying Ronda Rousey cards, Ronda Rousey fans are buying her cards, and she gained a ton of fans recently with all the media attention she got for faceplanting Betch.

huge opportunity for Joanna to become a big star. and also a good idea to put Tate vs Nunes on the same card to hype Rousey's next fight. brilliant booking by the UFC this time.

Also I think Gadelha is a more skilled fighter than Ronda but JJ is a really bad matchup for her. Also JJ is a much better striker than Holm.

Tate vs. Nunes, now there's a good fight

Hard to call. Tate always takes a lickin but keeps on tickin

So 195 is an all-female card, for the top 3 fights?

I'll definitely not watch, Good luck UFC. This isn't gonna pull big numbers.

Only on Sherdog would their be braniacs saying only 125-500k in buys lol

Tate should decline the fight. :/

I like both Tate and Nunes... fuck I thought they'd both get to fight Ronda for the belt.

I like Ronda too, but don't like this idea of Tate or Nunes being delayed a fun fight with Ronda.

Tate vs Nunes is kind of a sad fight, either Cupcake loses or Nunes doesn't get her shot against Honda...

I will buy PPV only for Joanna Jędrzejczyk.She is coolest champ ever.You can just write to her on facebook and she will reply to You as normal.Im chatting with her almost every day :)

Tate/Nunes is a retarded matchup. Give Meisha a can to squash if you want to keep these two as viable title options. Don't put them in a "fish or cut bait" situation, because as a promotion you're killing one of your contenders. Either they're trying to remove Meisha from the title picture, or they wanna see if Nunes is the real deal. One way or another, this is a risky move.

Also I think Gadelha is a more skilled fighter than Ronda

She certainly isn't nearly as dominant. Tiburcio, Letourneau, and that Tina girl she fought in her first UFC fight must all be much better than everyone in the BW top 5...

Would only care about the co and main event. They would never be that balsy to make that card if Ronda wasn't such a superstar.

Back