UFC Lightweight Abel Trujillo talks about the benefits of not eating meat

I'm a hunter. I only hunt what I eat and/or donate to Hunters Against Hunger. I get people think that it's inhumane and that's fine. Differing opinions, to each his own. Where i live, dear and elk destroy ranchers land, crops and property all the time. Hunting puts food on the table for those less fortunate. I'll never be opposed to it.

Oh boy....Here we go.

Trujillo is joining the likes of the Diaz bros in vegetarianism. I would say it's not all that common though.

Any Vegans here who can corroborate his experience with mood stability from a meat free diet?

Don't know if I could give up my chicken. Don't eat much red meat though.

Trujillo seems to still be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass for being a vegetarian though.

Mike Tyson has said the same.

Im vegan, the mood stability is correct. Feel fresh also. Like when you don't drink alcohol for a while

I kinda believe it, my take is its just so much easier for your body to digest plants. When im training for something long distance i kick out the red meat and include more vegetarian meals, only because it helps with how i feel.

Id like to humbly point out to some of the skeptics that this dude may simply have problems digesting heavy protein for whatever reason, and going around with indigestion may have just been making him feel shitty

I've been meat free for 5 years now. Did it to fight against IBS originally and it's been the best thing I've done food wise in my life. I'm not delusional in thinking you have to be meat free to be healthy tho, in fact It's a bit hard to get enough Omega 3's for me without fish.

If he ate meat maybe Khabib wouldn’t have taken him down 63675435 times

Abel has only been vegan for a couple of years. He was still a flesh junkie when he fought Khabib... just like all the other guys who were taken down and beaten by the eagle. There is no correlation.

Oh boy....Here we go.

Trujillo is joining the likes of the Diaz bros in vegetarianism. I would say it's not all that common though.

Any Vegans here who can corroborate his experience with mood stability from a meat free diet?

Don't know if I could give up my chicken. Don't eat much red meat though.

Trujillo seems to still be carrying a decent amount of muscle mass for being a vegetarian though.

He was big before he went vegan, and he does look slightly smaller then he did. Might be a good thing, I think he was carrying to much muscle beforehand.

Where i live, dear and elk destroy ranchers land, crops and property all the time. Hunting puts food on the table for those less fortunate. I'll never be opposed to it.
Or, you mean, ranchers destroy the deer and elk's land? There is always alotta mental gymnastics that goes on in the name of killing, whether in war, on the street or in the forest or slaughter house against animals; and I, for one, sure know, as I used to raise and butcher all my own meat. I still eat meat but I know it is wrong, and in the time I have gone vegan, I felt so much healthier. It is tough to make the transition as dead animals can be absolutely delectable, delicious and most plentiful - for crying out loud, it costs more for a head's worth of broccoli than a McDonald's triple Cheeseburger.

I haven't had any meat for 20 years (or dairy for for about 7 years) and I feel pretty great and I'm pretty healthy. Our teenage kids (13 and 17 this year) have never had any meat their entire lives and they are also very healthy.

Sounds like he took up veganism to disguise his physique change post-USADA....

I'm actually surprised that there are this many vegetarians on here.
I thought 99% of this forum was semi-jacked dudebros who eat two steaks for breakfast.

I'm vegetarian too, btw. Since quite some time.

IMO the humane argument is much stronger than the health benefit argument.

We are at a point where we don't need to hunt and kill food. That being said, it is completely natural and beneficial to still eat meat.

My issue is the conditions under which these poor animals exist at the large agricultural farms (Tyson, foster farms, etc etc). Basically caged into horrific discomfort, physically abused, and often killed in ways people can't even imagine.

Or, you mean, ranchers destroy the deer and elk's land?

No, the hundreds, if not thousands of elk that pass through destroy his fence line. The deer piss and shit all over the crops that he harvests and makes a living on. If we're going to validate "this land belonged to animals before people" argument then we better fast track human evacuation to other liveable planets and pray their isn't living bacteria there so as not to encroach on their ecosystem either. I tried living vegan for over two years. I will admit I felt like my body was running at a more efficient and cleaner rate but i didnt feel as strong and my energy levels fell off earlier and sharper when working out. I understand others pursuit of thst lifestyle, but having tried it, it's not for me. Low income families can't even afford it.

For my powerlifting, especially during a low carbohydrate diet, a few lbs of organic hamburger and a few steaks per week make a noticeable difference in training energy and strength. I don’t get that from chicken, ground turkey or tuna..

For my powerlifting, especially during a low carbohydrate diet, a few lbs of organic hamburger and a few steaks per week make a noticeable difference in training energy and strength. I don’t get that from chicken, ground turkey or tuna..

Why would you powerlift on a low carb diet?

VEGGIE-BUMP
foodsafetyquiz_456px.jpg

I stopped eating meat because of environmental concerns. Basically a cow needs 99% more land to feed you same calories fruits and vegetables do because all the energy needed to keep cattle alive is wasted. If you have Netflix there is a good movie about this called cowspiracy. Talks about clear cutting our precious rain forests for cows (an displacing indigenous ppl sometimes murdering them to make room for cattle ranches) and other concerns like water usage.

I do feel a lot better too as in stool solid and lost 50 lbs (was 6'4" 270 now 220) more energy which I didnt expect but even more reason to stick by it. No meat - I don't drink milk either except almond milk.

Back