UFC LHW vs. Bellator LHW: Which has the most entertaining division?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here im not talking about which division is the best quality wise, but where the best match ups can be made.

Bellator has a pretty nice and entertaining division, dont you guys agree?

All I know is that those Bellator guys just can't cut it in muh elite UFC

I think bellator does likely have multiple top 10 fighters in that division.

Atleast 3

UFC for sure. McGeary/Newton was a good fight but how many other LHW fights have they had that were exciting? Specially among their top guys, fights like Mo/Newton both, Mo/Hampage, Mo/Phil, Tito/Bonnar, Linton/Newton etc were mostly shit

DC/Gus was a FOTY candidate, Bosse/O'Connell is one of the best fights of the year, Kyrlov fights, Gus/Jimi, Estrajones fights with DC Gus, Shogun/Nog 2 and Hendo 2, Glover/OSP, Villante/OConnell and Corey etc

I do think Davis, McGeary and Mo are top 10 LHWs tho, possibly Linton in future.

Last edited:
I do watch bellator and i can only recall a couple of LHW names, Liam is probably the one that i know better from Bellator LHW, King Mo, Phil Davis (former UFC), the other guy who beat King Mo and Liam got the belt from him who i cant remember his name, Rampage?......

PS: Newton "Hardcore Kid".

UFC for sure. McGeary/Newton was a good fight but how many other LHW fights have they had that were exciting?

DC/Gus was a FOTY candidate, Bosse/O'Connell, Kyrlov fights, Gus/Jimi, Estrajones fights with DC Gus, Shogun/Nog 2 and Hendo 2, Glover/OSP, Villante/OConnell and Corey etc

I do think Davis, McGeary and Mo are top 10 LHWs tho, possibly Linton in future.

I think McGeary or Mo have the tools to be champs in post-USADA UFC divisions.

Really good fighters imo. McGeary is good and still has a lot of upside and Mo is a bit inconsistent BUT when he's on hes an elite LHW.

Last edited:

Really good fighters imo. McGeary is good and will has a lot of upside and Mo is a bit inconsistent BUT when he's on hes and elite LHW.

What about Davis? He already ragdolled Glover and Gus, had an even fight with Bader and Mo, beat Hogerio tho it was close, finished Newton in the fursfurlmade it to the scorecards against Humble (didn't get hit clean much even tho he got shut out, his defensive sturiking is underrated) etc. He might be the best overall grappler @ 205

On wins Phil is top 5 TBH

What about Davis? He already ragdolled Glover and Gus, had an even fight with Bader, beat Hogerio tho it was close, finished Newton in the furs etc. He might be the best overall grappler @ 205

On wins Phil is top 5 TBH

Yeah but Phils kinda plateaud in his career, still very vulnerable to strikers with a good TDD. Still a very good LHW though.

I think McGeary is probably the most realistic of the 3 LHWs to make the jump to the UFC though.

Bellator LHW is a crazy division. Bonnar, Carmont, Davis, Mo, McGeary, Rampage, Newton, Sakara, Tito, Vassell. All are incredible fighters. It's a competitive division for sure

All of them can beat any UFC LHW fighter except of DC and Jones

Can someone que up Dada vs Kimbo??
Then. / end thread

The 205 division in the UFC is the weakest of them all since Jones is gone.

+ yep Bellator have a lot a fun/good fighter at that weight.

Bellator LHW is a crazy division. Bonnar, Carmont, Davis, Mo, McGeary, Rampage, Newton, Sakara, Tito, Vassell. All are incredible fighters. It's a competitive division for sure

All of them can beat any UFC LHW fighter except of DC and Jones

Well, many of them have already tried and failed so I think you are wrong. Carmont, Bonnar, Tito, Sakara, Rampage.

Really good fighters imo. McGeary is good and still has a lot of upside and Mo is a bit inconsistent BUT when he's on hes an elite LHW.
Would they be post USADA too though?

Back