****UFC LHW Division is so exciting now****

Vinny v Davis is another fantastic stylistic clash. But I have a feeling they will offer Forrest Griffin to Phil Davis. I know Griffin is higher ranked, but I'd much rather see Vinny have a crack at Phil

id be happy with either matchup. i am not sure forrest will even fight again to be honest. it doesn't look like he cares much anymore. he had a good run though. might as well just make forrest vs bonnar 3 and see if that wakes forrest back up.

Jones v Sonnen on April 27th
Hendo v Machida on Feb 23rd
Rashad vs Lil Nog on Feb 2nd
Gustafsson v Mousasi on April 6th
Rampage v Glover on Jan 26th
Te-Huna v Ryan Jimmo on Feb 16th
Bader v Matyushenko on Jan 26th

When the dust is all settled, what will the landscape be like?

Wow. You're actually right lol. This is kinda nuts.

Obviously JBJ is going to the thrash Sonnen, so no shake-up at the top. But I'm expecting Lyoto to take an ugly UD over Henderson, putting him in the top contender's spot. Although Hendo does have a bit of a chance.

Rashad is actually going to struggle with Lil Nog more than most expect him too imo. He should win, but it won't be a very dominant or exciting victory.

IMO, that should set up Machida vs Evans II, or possibly Henderson vs Evans. Either way, I'd like to see that. Most likely it's Machida, who wins that fight for a title shot... but that's too far in the future to really speculate on.

Meanwhile, I think Gustaffson will really make a statement against Mousasi. Not that Mousasi on a good night can't beat Gustaffson, but I think the Mauler is gonna come in hell bent on having a great night after the flack he caught for struggling Shogun. I predict a dominant smashing.

Glover is gonna retire Rampage obviously, no shocker there. Bader will probably clown on Vladdy, sadly.

Te Huna vs Jimmo though is really cool. I like that fight. Tough to predict. I'll be rooting for Te Huna though because he's a maniac.

Meh...

a joke of a title fight, a bunch of matches that involve guys who will not be in the UFC in 1-2 years, and who gets excited by Ryan Jimmo or Ryan Bader??

Gustavsson vs Mousassi, and Hendo vs Machida will be fireworks though, although none of those guys has anything for Jones

What interests me the most in LHW is Cormier dropping down to face Jones

Meh...

a joke of a title fight, a bunch of matches that involve guys who will not be in the UFC in 1-2 years, and who gets excited by Ryan Jimmo or Ryan Bader??

Gustavsson vs Mousassi, and Hendo vs Machida will be fireworks though, although none of those guys has anything for Jones

What interests me the most in LHW is Cormier dropping down to face Jones

I doubt Cormier has anything for Jones either, especially after a weight cut.

The only fight that on that list I have little interest in, is Jones/Sonnen.

I doubt Cormier has anything for Jones either, especially after a weight cut.

The problem about Jones is that he has great length + awesome clinch(compared to the guys he has faced, which were mainly strikers).

To solve length issue you need to get inside, which leaves you vulnerable to get taken down on the clinch and suffer GNP of hell. Because of that all these guys (shogun, Machida, Rashad, Belfort, etc) were with the impossible task of hurting Jones by getting inside and leaving quickly.

What Cormier brings to the table is the lack of fear for Jone's clinch. He will get inside and just stay there, embracing the clinch instead of fearing it.

The only fight that on that list I have little interest in, is Jones/Sonnen.

Jones has a lot to lose against a very dangerous fighter in Sonnen. It's a lot like the Vitor fight, where he almost lost the title to a guy who didn't deserve the shot.

I think Sonnen has a better shot to beat Jones than Hendo.

when the dust if finally settled, sonnen will emerge victorious.

The problem about Jones is that he has great length + awesome clinch(compared to the guys he has faced, which were mainly strikers).

To solve length issue you need to get inside, which leaves you vulnerable to get taken down on the clinch. Because of that all these guys (shogun, Machida, Rashad, Belfort, etc) were with the impossible task of hurting Jones by getting inside and leaving quickly.

What Cormier brings to the table is the lack of fear for Jone's clinch. He will get inside and just stay there, embracing the clinch instead of fearing it.

You may be right. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Cormier gets taken down as well. MMA wrestling is very different (obviously). We'll see I guess. Right or wrong, I'd put my money on Jones though.

Hendo v Machida and Gustafsson v Mousasi are the real ones im excited abt. also nice to see rashad having match. as for jones vs sonnen, meh

Jones v Sonnen
Hendo v Machida
Rashad vs Lil Nog
Gustafsson v Mousasi
Rampage v Glover
Te-Huna v Ryan Jimmo
Ryan Bader v Vladimir Matyushenko

Gustafsson will fight Henderson for the #1 contender spot.

Jones v Sonnen
Hendo v Machida
Rashad vs Lil Nog
Gustafsson v Mousasi
Rampage v Glover
Te-Huna v Ryan Jimmo
Ryan Bader v Vladimir Matyushenko

Gustafsson will fight Henderson for the #1 contender spot.

I agree with the final conclusion here. I think it will come down to Gus and Hendo (although I could see either Machida or Mousasi possibly winning those fights as well).

I think Rashad will beat Lil Nog and I think Glover will beat Rampage though.

Yeah but none of them were 0-0 and coming off a loss the weight class below to get a title shot. Whatever though, most (myself included) are now accepting just how truly WWE-like everything has become over the last few years. Sucks but what can you do...

While jacked up the fight does make sense, not because Chael is deserving of it but do to the fact that it would have happened just on short notice. Jones ducked Sonnen so it makes it seems like he's scared to fight him. While I understand that he just wanted to be prepared, it does take the "Warrior" out of JBJ. If Chael didn't accept to fight Jones for 151, this fight wouldn't even be happening.

Someone like Feijao needs to come to the UFC to spice things up as well man. Vinny M & Davis currently have no one lined up. This fight needs to happen.

I wanna see the winner of Hendo/Machida fight winner of Rashad/Lil Nog, then by the time that fight settles, the winner of that fight should fight DC for a crack at Jones. Would make the most sense imo.

not really,mr condescending shit!

do some research, pal

Gotta like when people talk shit and they are wrong. I've done it myself (unfortunately) but it's always funny when someone else does it.

Someone like Feijao needs to come to the UFC to spice things up as well man. Vinny M & Davis currently have no one lined up. This fight needs to happen.

I wanna see the winner of Hendo/Machida fight winner of Rashad/Lil Nog, then by the time that fight settles, the winner of that fight should fight DC for a crack at Jones. Would make the most sense imo.

I don't know if Phil v Vinny makes sense at this time but I definitely want to see both fight again. Be good to see both fighters round out their game a bit more and start heading towards that belt.

Last edited:
Back