News UFC Legitimately Dying

I don't think you know what investor means.

No I do, but the fact that they are spending so high a percentage of capital repaying these investors is a sign they are not taking in a lot of money (relatively), right?

did anyone read the article?

looks like wme/img needed cash to appease some of its celebrity investors. ufc is one of their major earners and they are using the money it has and is paying it back to those investors. if anything, this just shows wme/img is super high on the ufc, by allowing it to have so little money on hand.

dana white and ceo of wme/img ari were given 3 million each. company isnt going anywhere. they needed cash and took it from the ufc.

look for weaker cards coming up tho.

wheres frankienyc when u need him!?

RIP :-(

I dont love the promotion i love the fighters. UFC can die and we would have Usman vs Lima in bellator who cares

Despite what they may believe , MMA will survive without the UFC.

did anyone read the article?

looks like wme/img needed cash to appease some of its celebrity investors. ufc is one of their major earners and they are using the money it has and is paying it back to those investors. if anything, this just shows wme/img is super high on the ufc, by allowing it to have so little money on hand.

look for weaker cards coming up tho.

wheres frankienyc when u need him!?

RIP :-(

Or on the flip side, they know they are losing money and are funneling it to the 'right people' before it completely tanks

Cliffs
  • Because Endeavor (UFC Parent company) failed to go public and raise money, now they are draining the UFC in order to prop up the rest of the company.
  • Endeavor has a $4.6 billion debt load.
  • UFC will be left with only $50M in its coffers hindering its ability to expand, make acquisitions or expand into other combat sports such as boxing.
  • UFC shared less than 16% of the revenue with its fighters compared to 48-50% with MLB, NFL & the NBA
  • Supposedly, Endeavor is not looking to make the UFC part of its next IPO attempt (going public) so that fighters will never know exactly how profitable the UFC is.
  • These dividend payments are extraordinarily high, done because the company 'faces a horde of dispirited WME talent agents who were counting on the IPO to cash in on stock options' so this is a way to make it up to them and the celebrity investors.

Or on the flip side, they know they are losing money and are funneling it to the 'right people' before it completely tanks
well, they are not losing money. thats for sure. perhaps the parent company is, but ufc will be just fine. ufc is making them about 200 million a year. it looks like they are doing something big with the company.. ufc was just where they were taking the money from. perhaps thats why they held a mcgregor card so early in the year. they will make up the money in no time, but for sure some kind of financial restructuring for endeavor/wme will be happening.

Cliffs
  • Because Endeavor (UFC Parent company) failed to go public and raise money, now they are draining the UFC in order to prop up the rest of the company.
  • Endeavor has a $4.6 billion debt load.
  • UFC will be left with only $50M in its coffers hindering its ability to expand, make acquisitions or expand into other combat sports such as boxing.
  • UFC shared less than 16% of the revenue with its fighters compared to 48-50% with MLB, NFL & the NBA
  • Supposedly, Endeavor is not looking to make the UFC part of its next IPO attempt (going public) so that fighters will never know exactly how profitable the UFC is.
  • These dividend payments are extraordinarily high, done because the company 'faces a horde of dispirited WME talent agents who were counting on the IPO to cash in on stock options' so this is a way to make it up to them and the celebrity investors.

Thank you

It seems like the ESPN+ move was a horrible idea.

If people could have ordered UFC PPVs without having an active ESPN+ membership (just some free account that can buy PPVs), then I think it would have worked. But expecting people to shell out a yearly subscription to EPSN+ on top of buying UFC PPVs is just too much.

@NorrisB as predicted you were correct.

UFC keeps getting worse each year. I've never had such a low interest in the majority of their cards. And now with the USADA shit and corruption from within, it's even less appealing.

If only everyone would just bail on the UFC and fight for Bellator. I really don't understand why they don't all collectively do it. Bellator is now what the UFC used to be back when it was good.

I guess fighters are too prideful to see that Bellator isn't a second rate promotion. It's lacking quality fighters because they believe the UFC is the promotion to prove you're the best and end up staying there. But if everyone left for Bellator, then it'd be the place to prove yourself.

WME/UFC is going to become the Enron of the entertainment world

“Most of the time when you do a dividend, you don’t distribute your entire balance sheet,” said a financial source. “If you were going to dividend out 10 percent of your cash, that would be an ordinary course. If you were going to dividend 90 percent of your cash, that’s not.”

That doesn't sound too good lol

<6><31>

Pay everyone 14K / 14K.

Problem solved.

BEZNAS.

How funny is it they started drug testing these animals with Olympic level shit only to realize the freak show was 80% of the spectacle. Half these guys can’t even show up to fight night without getting a bum knee during training.

Fertitas gonna buy it after it tanks and restore it, allowing Lorenzo to keep purchasing whatever the hell he’s on that makes him unbelievably yoked
Mostly he and his brother are purchasing art.

It's ok to have a man cave and not allow women in. It'll last longer.

In before “incel” comments.

There used to be a time when men used to hang out with men, non-sexually, and have a blast talking shit to each other and occasionally discussing important things like life or politics.

Now bitch boys let the girls in, and scream Incel at any man who actually enjoys hanging out with men to get away from the gf/wife.

2020, gentlemen.

Back