News UFC Legitimately Dying

DougieJones

You're The Man Now Dog Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/ufcs-celebrity-investors-have-a-chokehold-on-300m-dividend/

Ultimate Fighting Championship is draining its cash reserves to fund big payouts to celebrity investors — even as its fighters gripe that they are vastly underpaid, The Post has learned

The payments will leave UFC with just $50 million as it faces new MMA rivals and allegations by fighters that they’re underpaid compared to athletes of other major sports teams.

<{danawhoah}><{danayeah}>

it died along time ago.

Cliffs: UFC can't pay it's fighters more or attract top talent because they are spending all their cash on celebrity investors and other dumb shit

Good riddance to the putrid pseudo sport/spectacle it has become.

l@nd0

It's ok to have a man cave and not allow women in. It'll last longer.

Fertitas gonna buy it after it tanks and restore it, allowing Lorenzo to keep purchasing whatever the hell he’s on that makes him unbelievably yoked

It seems like the ESPN+ move was a horrible idea.

If people could have ordered UFC PPVs without having an active ESPN+ membership (just some free account that can buy PPVs), then I think it would have worked. But expecting people to shell out a yearly subscription to EPSN+ on top of buying UFC PPVs is just too much.

Bunch of Hollywood scums ruined our beloved promotion

Cliffs: UFC can't pay it's fighters more or attract top talent because they are spending all their cash on celebrity investors and other dumb shit

I don't think you know what investor means.

Wait, UFC is actually dying??

giphy.gif

if you think about it it is actually a smart strategy. Celebrity can have a great influence in popularising the sport and making it seem 'cool'.
A lot of people I know just can't get over how violent this sport is, so in a sense this risky albeit smart strategy could tacle this problem and soften the barrier for more casuals.

Pretty sure they have been dying for a very long time

Back