UFC Legacy or Masters Division?

Yep, we have to be completely sure these guys all get CTE, can't leave it to chance.

I know...i know take the aging fighters health into consideration.

but if you've been watching combat sports for more than fifteen minutes you know these guys are going to keep fighting. They're born hard wired to fight imho if they'd been born in a different epoch i can say with relative certainty Randy Couture, bj penn, and Chuck would be fighting a lion in the roman Coliseum lol.

seriously look at the fight with Roy Jones and Mike Tyson we don't want to see mike get decapitated by Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder but a fight against another aged superstar like Roy Jones ...okay I'll watch.

hell it seems like Bernard Hopkins just retired last week. the list goes on and on and on with MMA and Boxing.

create a division where these guys can do their thing. Anderson really didn't look bad against a passive fighter like Uriah although the ending was hard to watch.

Frankie Edgar is on that type of trajectory now..... guy's just a warrior

Not a big fan of the idea but just for the fun of it let's see who could be part of such a division :

Fedor , Cro Cop , Anderson , Rampage , Wand , Chuck , Griffin , Vitor , Chael , Hunt , Hendo , Shogun , Timmy , Arlovski , Tito

So it's mostly LHW and HW. And...i just realized that i named almost half of Bellator roster lol​

I'd like to see Vitor vs Fedor, or Rampage

Would I watch it? Yes. Would I love it? Yes. . .
But you are a sick, sick man if you want to see Cro Cop chop-down Anderson Silva's legs. Jesus that would be painful to watch.

Crop would have to fight Anderson without the aid of what are they called "vitamins" then we'll see

Ken Shamrock vs Chuck...

I dont know Jeff..
I rather see them hang up the gloves and move on.
Being able to keep on fighting when you should have retired is not a good idea.

I bet most of these old school guys still get into gym wars during training, may as well get paid for it

Not a new idea. Vitor has been pushing for it for years. I for one would not be too interested. Cant replicate the glory days with the same guys whos skills have diminished so.

Did not watch Chuck Tito 3 and obviously was not a minority here. People just are not that interested.

Exhibition matches with full gear and 2 minute rounds maybe.

Cool idea. Some fights I'd like to see:

Paul Varelans-Tank Abbott, and Hoyce Gracie-Matt Hughes hematches
Kimo-Ken Shamrock 3
BJ Penn vs Carlos Newton

If they were still in decent shape and not showing wear and tear from abuse I would watch

Sounds extremely depressing and embarrassing

Crop would have to fight Anderson without the aid of what are they called "vitamins" then we'll see
True, but even a shriveled, deflated Cro Cop would have tree-trunk legs compared to the equally de-juiced Silva. He would cut him down like a lumber jack.

Depends on the fighters... a fighter like Chuck shouldn't be fighting but someone like DC, Arlovski, or Vitor would work

Give us the Fedor-Cro Cop rematch in 2021!

Isn't that basically what Bellator did and what De La Hoya tried with his pathetic little promotion? I'd honestly prefer if legends of the sport learned to read the signs and understand when it's better to step away and protect their health. This kind of division would encourage them to do the exact opposite.

It should also be up to the UFC to understand when a guy like Silva, Penn or whoever is at the point where it's better for their health, their legacy and the entertainment of the fans to only put them against other aging legends they haven't fought against yet or had a legendary bout with, rather than try and use them to hype up a bunch of new fighters who get to beat them rather handily. These passing the torch moments don't really work that well in MMA anyway, fans understand the 40 year old dude some fresh top prospect beat is nowhere close to the level performance he was at during his time in the top 3 or top 5 ranks.

Back