UFC Legacy or Masters Division?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Old Old School UFC 1 and PRIDE F/C homer here. I think its nigh time we get a Masters division 37-45...or 47.

You could throw Guys that have big names but cant compete with the Young Bucks anymore (Yoel Romero aside) Uriah Faber, Bj Penn, Fedor and Anderson Silva's last fights were all hard to watch...but I think they can still have entertainment Value if they're fighting comp closer to their age.

Cro Cop vs Anderson Silva

Vitor vs Chael Sonnen

Tito vs Sakuraba

we all know these guys will fight until their fifties regardless of what their doctors, family's and, camps say.

we all know Anderson will go to Bellator if Dana wont give him another fight in the UFC.

so what say you?

Would you watch Anderson Silva vs Fedor in the UFC Legacy Division? or Uriah Faber vs Bj Penn?

terrible idea
unless you just dont like to see good fights,and promote CTE

Why make a division for it, just book them that way. If Anderson wants to fight again, it has to be against someone like Wandy, Shogun, Hendo rematch.

For Penn it would be him facing Gomi again, or taking on Faber.

Fedor they have done well with outside the Bader fight, but that was for a belt so I don’t blame them. If he wants to keep fighting, keep booking him against other guys from his generation as well at this point.

Aside from that, they should probably just retire. No point in being fed to young guys just to build their name and give older guys brain damage.

Last edited:
Isn't Mike Tyson doing this for boxers? wouldn't be surprised if that transcended to MMA too.

I’m interested, so long as there’s early stoppages and not too much just bleed damage involved

I already feel squeamish watching young guys bash each other in the head. Watching shit like Chuck vs. Tito or Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo is just pathetic and IMO would bring down the UFC brand and MMA in general.

If they want to fight waaaaayyyy past their expiry date for coin, do it elsewhere.

For fighters that are still good, but not what they once were (Weidman, Gustaffson, Werdum etc.) the answer is pretty simple: match them up based on their ability and not their name.

A guy like BJ should have been fighting Cody Mackenzie, not Frankie Edgar.

If you're over 42 years old you should not be fighting

Not a big fan of the idea but just for the fun of it let's see who could be part of such a division :

Fedor , Cro Cop , Anderson , Rampage , Wand , Chuck , Griffin , Vitor , Chael , Hunt , Hendo , Shogun , Timmy , Arlovski , Tito

So it's mostly LHW and HW. And...i just realized that i named almost half of Bellator roster lol​

Old Old School UFC 1 and PRIDE F/C homer here. I think its nigh time we get a Masters division 37-45...or 47.

You could throw Guys that have big names but cant compete with the Young Bucks anymore (Yoel Romero aside) Uriah Faber, Bj Penn, Fedor and Anderson Silva's last fights were all hard to watch...but I think they can still have entertainment Value if they're fighting comp closer to their age.

Cro Cop vs Anderson Silva

Vitor vs Chael Sonnen

Tito vs Sakuraba

we all know these guys will fight until their fifties regardless of what their doctors, family's and, camps say.

we all know Anderson will go to Bellator if Dana wont give him another fight in the UFC.

so what say you?

Would you watch Anderson Silva vs Fedor in the UFC Legacy Division? or Uriah Faber vs Bj Penn?
Would I watch it? Yes. Would I love it? Yes. . .
But you are a sick, sick man if you want to see Cro Cop chop-down Anderson Silva's legs. Jesus that would be painful to watch.

Ken Shamrock vs Chuck...

I dont know Jeff..
I rather see them hang up the gloves and move on.
Being able to keep on fighting when you should have retired is not a good idea.

Back