News UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Roy Nelson & plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
<6>
How do these fighters agree to these terms. They need a damn union

That's not getting "played," it's getting screwed.

All of this shit is illegal in boxing, yet there are people on this forum who constantly side with the UFC and shit on fighters for "not negotiating better contracts." As if the contracts actually work in the fighters' favor.

Our societies have produced modern slaves/sheeps that think they're free and can't empathize with a cause as long as it doesn't affect them and their little lives. They're from that breed.

lol @ anyone dumb enough to blame joe silva for this

He's not the one who saves the money when he lowballs fighters

None of it is surprising, but crazy that its getting pulled out this way. This is kind of the point of the lawsuit is a slow battle over disclosue of information, somthing that will likely not be a good thing for the UFC. They do well in secrecy and 'backroom bonuses' and other vague comments.

The entire organization is rotten to the core. The whole brass & staff are conditioned to be like that. Hyenas. Starting with Dana.

Dana-White-Money.jpg
Business in general is like that

The UFC's relative immature in development and naivety of their athletes just represented an opportunity and loopholes to take advantage of financially

Par for the course

I think eventually it will look similar in fairness/ pay to other top sports. Eventually fighters will have a union. Until then, whoever said pulling the strings will milk it for all its worth.

Nothing new here.

Mystic UL told you all about this and you laughed at him then banned him.

Our societies have produced modern slaves/sheeps that think they're free and can't empathize with a cause as long as it doesn't affect them and their little lives. They're from that breed.
I don't know what you're talking about but I'm an American. We don't have a problem with any of that.

I'll always respect Joachim Hansen for turning away a UFC offer saying "My soul is not for sale". But I know that realistically not everyone is going to do that.

I can't see any way that this sport gets better in the future. It's in a horrible state right now from backstage bullshit to awful cards and oversaturation. A union would fix some problems for the fighters but probably create more for the fans. The past and present owners of the UFC have fucked the sport in the long-term.

Last edited:
Joe Silva p4p most brutal manlet inferiority complex

A Union and a strike would sort that shit out fast.
NFL had to do it. Soccer in Europe had to do it. But, look at them now, even the owners are richer.

Source : UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Roy Nelson, and Hector Lombard

Extracts:

- Everytime a fighter is injured the UFC can disproportionately extend his contract

-About trying to not renew your contract and fight it all

- UFC can extend any contract 6 months if a fighter refuses a fight

- Négociation tactics

With Nick Diaz :

With Roy Nelson :

Hector Lombard :

I suggest to read the full article, very interesting : https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/...-nick-diaz-roy-nelson-hector-lombard-mma-news
Holy scumbags, batman!

That's not getting "played," it's getting screwed.

All of this shit is illegal in boxing, yet there are people on this forum who constantly side with the UFC and shit on fighters for "not negotiating better contracts." As if the contracts actually work in the fighters' favor.

Also, this confirms what I've been saying for years about Silva. He was one of the biggest scumbags in combat sports, but, unlike Dana, was smart enough to keep his dirt behind the scenes.

You can say what you want about Joe Silva. Fact is, he isnt making these moves without having planned them with the company lawyers and the executives.

That must have really irked the fighters at weigh-in, when they had to listen to Rogan announce "...and matchmaker extraordinaire , Joe Silva!"

No wonder the Diaz brothers are so salty.

I don't expect anything less from the UFC.. in fact I'm thinking they are doing even shadier stuff that we won't hear nothing about.

Here we are.. on ESPN with most cards watered down and we are so starved for a good card that even in this weekend we go gaga after 3 fights that we call it 'one of the best cards of this year'.

That's how businesses work to make the most profit and to survive. I don't have a problem with that. My problem is the UFC still strong arming people when it's worth billions of dollars.

Back