News UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Jon Jones, Roy Nelson & plus

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Dramatic much? The fighters are getting screwed and somebody needs to do something about it.
Dramatic? What's dramatic about not having any other option, so you have to take it.
People don't have time to sit around and wait for day dreamers like you to "do something about it"

Dramatic? What's dramatic about not having any other option, so you have to take it.
People don't have time to sit around and wait for day dreamers like you to "do something about it"
Are you serious or trolling? Because LOL

You said nothing.
What’s there to say? We are on the same side. The fighters are getting fucked out of money. I don’t know why you called me a daydreamer all I said was someone has to do something about it. I’m not a fighter so I can’t help them and I didn’t say they should wait around for it like you’re implying for some reason but you’re probably the type to wait for others to do the work if that’s how you think.
You’re being a drama queen over here talking like Hector Lombards kids will starve because he got 100,000 instead of 200,000.

Not one bit surprised. It's good for such info to come to light, though.

This is why I try to stay away from business minded people in healthcare.

Anyone who can make that division in their mind "it's just business" while they deliberately devalue someone else to get a better deal doesn't belong in healthcare.

What’s there to say? We are on the same side. The fighters are getting fucked out of money. I don’t know why you called me a daydreamer all I said was someone has to do something about it. I’m not a fighter so I can’t help them and I didn’t say they should wait around for it like you’re implying for some reason but you’re probably the type to wait for others to do the work if that’s how you think.
You’re being a drama queen over here talking like Hector Lombards kids will starve because he got 100,000 instead of 200,000.

My problem is you think it's a trivial issue they get paid less. $100,00 is NOT enough money for a fighter.

Do the math, after paying taxes, training, travel expenses and then budgeting the money over the rest of your life. The average person gets paid more.

Aside from saving money they are making better cards and more exciting fights due to those tactic of keeping fighters poor.
Dana even said at one point that if you pay the guys well like boxing does you'll get a similarly boring fight as most boxing fights are where 2 guys do a sparring match for 12 rounds and both make millions.
Also look at what happens to champions after winning the belt, how much time off they take and how much they try to negotiate and pick a worse challenger

Makes me really hate Joe Silva. I understand the need for negotiations, but have some fucking class.

"The UFC are scumbags who take advantage of the fighters... more news at 11"

Source : UFC lawsuit docs reveal Joe Silva’s negotiation tactics with Nick Diaz, Roy Nelson, and Hector Lombard

Extracts:

- Everytime a fighter is injured the UFC can disproportionately extend his contract

-About trying to not renew your contract and fight it all

- UFC can extend any contract 6 months if a fighter refuses a fight

- Négociation tactics

With Nick Diaz :

With Roy Nelson :

Hector Lombard :

I suggest to read the full article, very interesting : https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/8/...-nick-diaz-roy-nelson-hector-lombard-mma-news

Bump - READ @Iron Monger 's post above.

this post is quite relevant to the Chandler/Poirier/Ferguson discussion. If you are under contract with the UFC, they have several ways of squeezing you so they get their terms.

This is why guys like Poirier and Ferguson get shittier contracts than guys like Chandler. Chandler has more options and it's WAY easier for non-UFC fighters with any brand recognition to walk away from the table.

Bump - READ @Iron Monger 's post above.

this post is quite relevant to the Chandler/Poirier/Ferguson discussion. If you are under contract with the UFC, they have several ways of squeezing you so they get their terms.

This is why guys like Poirier and Ferguson get shittier contracts than guys like Chandler. Chandler has more options and it's WAY easier for non-UFC fighters with any brand recognition to walk away from the table.
Bellator has most of the same terms.

Bellator has most of the same terms.
But fighters are allowed sponsor's and not have to pay a Sponsor "Tax" like the UFC used to do pre-Reebok fighter uniforms.

If a company wanted to Sponsor a fighter they had to pay UFC a fee then they were allowed to sponsor said fighter to have there logo on the fighter's shorts.

But fighters are allowed sponsor's and not have to pay a Sponsor "Tax" like the UFC used to do pre-Reebok fighter uniforms.

If a company wanted to Sponsor a fighter they had to pay UFC a fee then they were allowed to sponsor said fighter to have there logo on the fighter's shorts.
How much do they make from sponsors though, compared to the ufc? It’s not all about in cage sponsorship.

They have a fraction of the social media followers and a fraction of the viewers. Yoel didn’t even look like he was sponsoring anyone on sat (davis was a billboard though).

This isn’t to say the ufc approach is right. Just that it doesn’t automatically work out better in bellator.

If you wrote in response to this with anything they could be seen to be supporting the UFC or reasoning it, you’re an absolute cucklord.

Back